Prologue

Spin the Bottle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junhong definitely was more of an outgoing person than he himself was, it was obvious with just the way he carried himself around, doing every day chores with such ease, that sometimes Youngjae was a little bit envious. It wasn't serious envy and of course he still loved Junhong, they've been best friends ever since Junhong moved in next door when Youngjae was 17 and if you trust Junhong's words, desperate for a friend who was somewhat close to his age.

The two year didn't seem to bother either of them, especially as the years passed by it was a topic of such insignificance that when Youngjae was 21 and Junhong 19, the older of the two could barely notice anymore.

But Youngjae did notice how well Junhong grew up, that was when he felt a little sting in his guts because Junhong seemed to be much more capable of dealing with situations Youngjae found himself lost in. Youngjae wouldn't say he was socially incompetent, there were just these tiny bits of anxious thoughts lingering in the back of his mind whenever he was standing behind Junhong as they were ordering coffee.

"Yes, extra caramel please." Junhong's smooth voice echoed in Youngjae's ears as he realized he's been thinking way too much once again and Junhong had ordered his coffee, as usual. "Keep the change, no problem."

Youngjae caught Junhong winking at the barista, her head tilting down softly so that her long hair fell into her face as she smiled.

"Hey, let's sit outside." Junhong called, already on his way to the door as he didn't wait for his best friend.

Grumbling under his breath that it's way too cold to be sitting outside, Youngjae follows Junhong to where the quite homely looking garden furniture was standing and slumps down on the seat next to him. "You're such a flirt, you know that."

"I do, but it's not like I flirt with bad intentions." Junhong shrugs, taking off his round specks (window glass) and putting them into the chest pocket of his flannel.

Youngjae eyed Junhong for a short moment, noticing the way he neatly buttoned every single button of his flannel shirt, the washed out red, black and white fit well with skin tight black jeans yet his fringe falling over his forehead and the glasses gave him a very casual look. "You're dressed to impress this time." Youngjae said, a sly grin softly on his lips. "Who is it, is it Yerin? I know you've been hanging out with her for a while now."

"No it's not Yerin. You don't know her."

"Well then, who is she?" Youngjae asked, used to Junhong rambling about his crushes whenever he had the chance to so it was unusual for him to keep quiet about it.

"Her name is Sooyoung. We graduated together but I didn't know her that well back then." Junhong said, head tilting backwards as he heard a waiter opening the door, one hand holding their orders. Junhong stood up and took the two cups from the waiter with a gentle smile and a "Thanks" on his lips.

"Then how did you meet her again?" Youngjae asked, reaching for his own cup.

"Through Yerin, they're in the same theater group, like this after school activity organized it and they're meeting every Friday and Saturday I think."

"Oh I know which one you're talking about, I think Jaebum told me about it."

"Yeah, so Yerin met up with Sooyoung after we finished studying on a Friday and that's how I met her again. Junhong said, kind of shrugging before chugging down some of his coffee.

Youngjae crossed his arms in front of his chest, looking at Junhong skeptically because there clearly was something he wasn't telling him. "And? You can't tell me that after seeing her again you just fell head over heels."

"Well, we met for brunch to catch up during break."

Junhong seemingly wasn't too keen on keeping the conversation going so Youngjae decided to let it go, mouthing a small "Ah". It wasn't until Junhong seemed to be bored of the silence surrounding them.

"Do you have a date?"

The question came suddenly and was a lot more brazen than how Junhong usually formed his words.

"I don't, Junhong." Youngjae answered briefly, he really didn't want to talk about it.

"We talked about this, or are you still in denial or something?" Junhong pressed, putting his cup on the glass coffee table in front of him.

"I'm not in denial, I'm just not fully confident with it yet and that's fine."

It was okay, Youngjae knew he didn't really like girls and he's come to terms with himself during the past few years. It was a strange wave of thoughts hitting him during his early years as a teenager. He's thought about it for years, did he like girls? Only girls, or boys too? Or did he just want to be loved, no matter which gender?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter