A Message sent by the Gods

Nine Gorgeous Landlords
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The slamming of the door of your apartment room echoed as you made your way inside. You winced in pain, realizing you have not tend to the nail you broke while clutching so hard on your backpack. You pulled out a first aid kit from your drawer and beside that was a picture frame.

A small, bitter smile came across your face. It's been a while since you've last seen it. It was you and your mom hugging each other, while she was sitting on her wheelchair after being diagnosed of polio. You were really happy because it turned out to be a better result than the previous one which was a bone cancer. However, there's a small cut out picture located at the right most corner at the bottom part of the frame of you looking so annoyed with a guy beside you, playfully nuzzling his nose on your cheek while wrapping his arms around you.

 

I looked so happy a year and a half ago. 

 

Back to the time when your mom was still alive, preparing meals for you before you go to school, back to the time when you didn't have to worry about paying the bills nor your school needs, back to the time when you enjoyed quality time with your mom and the person you thought of spending your life with. 

 

If only I didn't ran away from home, I could've saved my mom from the fire. If only I was strong enough to take the pain of losing the only guy I loved, I could've saved my only family member left. If only he didn't have to choose between me and the thing that he loves to do.

If only he didn't have to leave me so soon, I could've handled everything all at once.

 

You took the frame out and placed it on your bedside table, gazing at it as your shoulders dropped when you emitted a sigh.

No matter what you do, you've already embedded to your mind that everything that has happened was all your fault.

 


As soon as you've finished wrapping the band aid around your index finger, your phone beeped. Indicating a text message.

 

"Wanted: A part-time house helper. Must know how to cook, must be able to clean a house and wash mountains of laundries," while you were reading the message, your phone vibrate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter