Plummeted Hopes

Nine Gorgeous Landlords
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were speeding up from school to a nearby café with your rusted black bicycle after the announcement by the principal of a free day and a message from one of your friends at work. The cars were speeding pass you, honking their horns to remind you not to cross the line as you pedal down the streets of Seoul. It was a pleasant day for you. The cold wind brushing against your skin, the smell of fried chicken tickling your nose when you passed by a famous fast food stall, you hear the voice of the people strolling around the park, their laughter sounded pleasing to the ear, you've come to realize how nice that day is.

You finally halted to a stop after you've reached your destination: Café Charlie. Hopping off from your bicycle, you parked it to your usual parking area, attaching a chain with a lock to secure the safety of your favorite transporting aid. The moment you saw your reflection against the glass, a note plastered on the door distracted you.

"Closed. We won't be serving any meals or coffee today."

"Huh?" You thought. You found yourself peeking inside, hands cupping the sides of your eyes as you tried to see through the glass wall. 

You saw your fellow staffs. All gathered inside. Confusion hits you and without any further ado, you pushed the glass door. All eyes on you. You blinked, shocked to see weary helpless eyes welcome you.

"Oh, look we are all complete. You have no class? How come you're here just past eight in the morning?"

A tall, chubby guy with a suave mustache greeted you as you entered the café with a backpack wore in front of your body. He is your boss, the owner of the café you're working at as a part-time all-around worker. You do the cleaning, the cooking, the tending of paper bills-- anything.
It seemed as a normal day for you, however, night shift workers are here during the day time. It confuses you. Everything confuses you. The smile from Mr. Charlie's face completely contradicting to all of the sad, disappointed look from your fellow staff. You didn't know how to react so all you can do is reply with a small smile on your face.

"Yeah, I actually don't have class today samcheon. I've received a message from Nahyun eonni telling me to rush here and so I did.. What's the matter though?"

A familiar figure waved at you as if telling you to join the group. Nahyun stood at the back, so you joined her there. Be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter