The real chapter (yay)

Tell Me You've Fallen for Me

A year later, Samuel climbed onto the scarlet train with no fear.  He had said goodbye to his family and was eagerly sitting in a compartment waiting for Daehwi.  He had stowed his trunk on a rack above the seats that he had noticed last year on the ride home.  His brain was fried and he was very eager to go back to school , since over the summer his parents forced him to catch up on all the muggle school he missed.  When Daehwi found the compartment Samuel was in, he was followed by two older boys, one with pink hair, and a younger boy.  

 

"Sammie!"  Daehwi exclaimed momentarily forgetting the three boys behind him in favor of giving Samuel a running hug.  "Oh yeah!  Do you mind if some other people join us?"  He asked.

 

"Sure that's fine with me.  Who are they?"  Samuel asked.

 

"I'm Daniel, Kang Daniel.  Hufflepuff, nice to meet you."  The pink haired boy said.

 

"I'm Ong Seongwoo, Ravenclaw, and this is my younger half brother Lee Woojin.  He's a grade below you." The other older boy said.

 

"Oh, uh, come in then."  Samuel said, kind of upset that he would no longer have time alone with Daehwi, but Daehwi's bright smile made Samuel forget everything he was upset about.

 

Daehwi's friends, Samuel's friends now too, had a cute friendship.  Daniel would dote on Woojin like an overly affectionate mother.  And then Seungwoo would tell him off but he would never mean it really. And poor Woojin was stuck in the middle like a very small and adorable third wheel.

 

The train ride went well, in Samuel's perspective.  That is, until they had to change into their robes and were all too lazy to go anywhere so they could change in private.  Seongwoo casted a spell on the glass compartment windows so they were no longer clear.  This was a great plan in theory, but in theory Samuel was not deeply in love with his best friend who happened to be in the same compartment as him right now changing and- oh my god that beautiful soft pale skin, Samuel needs help.

 

Help does not come in the form of a knowing smirk from a boy only a year younger than him who looks like he's 10.  Nope definitely not.  Now Samuel really needs help.  Someone knows, what should he do!?  Woojin giggled and everyone looked at him, including Samuel who's glare went unnoticed by the older boys.

 

"What is it Woojin?"  Seongwoo asked.

 

"Nothing.  Samuel hyung looked really out of it and his face was funny."  Woojin giggled.  Samuel really wants to punch the kid now.

 

"Aww Sammy!  Don't go falling asleep on me~"  Daehwi teased.

 

"No promises."  Samuel grinned.  'No promises' he thought, 'if it was you, I think I'd like to fall asleep on you.'  Woojin seemed to notice, and there was that smirk again.

 

Samuel glared at him again and mouthed "Don't even consider it unless you want to fight."

 

Woojin smiled, "I'd rather not thanks."

 

"Rather not what?"  Daehwi asked.

 

"Samuel wants to fight me."  Woojin answered.

 

"Oh." Daehwi said.

 

Seongwoo and Daniel spoke at the same time, "that's what happens when you make fun of someone." Seungwoo said, "not my woojinnie!"  Daniel exclaimed.  Samuel sighed.  He swore he could hear Daehwi whisper, "not my muelie" but he wasn't sure.

 

-:-

 

They got to the castle soon after, and Woojin separated from the group to go with the first years, while the others walked into the grand hall and separated to sit at their respective house tables.  

 

Samuel only payed attention to the sorting for Woojin, and once Woojin joined his brother at the Ravenclaw table, Samuel let his gaze slip over to Daehwi.  To his surprise Daehwi was looking his way.  They exchanged somewhat awkward grins before breaking eye contact for the feast.

 

-:-

 

Having a best friend in another house .  Having a crush on said friend in another house was even worse.  Samuel wasn't aware when he started wanting to be more than Daehwi's bestest friend in the world, but it had certainly happened.  He looked down at his potion with a sad huff.  He couldn't wait for charms.

 

Sadly lunch came before charms, and before lunch Woojin wanted to talk to him apparently.

 

"Samuel hyung.  You need to do something."  Woojin said.

 

"About what?"  Samuel asked.

 

"Oh my god I can't believe you!"  Woojin exaimed.

 

"What did I do?"  Samuel panicked.

 

"You're so obvious hyung.  Just ask Daehwi out."  Woojin said.

 

Samuel's jaw dropped. "I- wha- what?!"  

 

"Glad to know you're finally paying attention."  Woojin said dryly.

 

"You want me to ask Daehwi out?"  Samuel asked.

 

"That is what I said isn't it?"

 

"Why would I do such a thing?"

 

"Hyung I swear- you love him, he loves you, you need to just get together, I've known you for what 48 hours? And it's already driving me insane."  

 

"I-uhhh." 

 

"Right, well with that, I'm going to lunch."  Woojin said, heading down the staircase behind him.  Samuel soon followed, still a little out of it from their conversation.

 

-:-

 

Charms finally rolled around, and Samuel eagerly sat down next to Daehwi.  The older of the two grinned as his best friend sat down and Samuel nearly melted.

 

It wasn't Samuel's fault that he almost flooded the room while trying to cast the aguamenti charm, Lee Daehwi was just too cute for his own good, and being sopping wet did nothing to change that. 

 

Class ended then and Samuel had to stay behind to help get the room back to its usual state as well as loosing quite a few points for his house.  To his surprise, Daehwi stayed behind to help, still dripping with his hair matted against his eyes.  Samuel leaned over and moved the damp hair out of Daehwi's line of sight, and he felt a little fluttery sensation when Daehwi grinned at him. 

 

When they finished, Daehwi hugged him which would be fine other than the fact that Daehwi's robes were still wet, and now Samuel's robes were wet.

 

"Oh come on!"  Samuel called, chasing Daehwi to defense against the dark arts, where they were both reprimanded for running, but they had an excuse for being late, they were helping a teacher after all.

 

-:- 

 

Samuel lived for the days they had charms and defense against the dark arts, the only two classes that Gryffindor had with Hufflepuff.  He loved any of the little time he could spend with Daehwi, Friday's were his favorite days since he had double charms and double defense against the dark arts and a free period that lined up with Daehwi's, aka he could spend almost the entire day with Daehwi.

 

This Friday, the two of them were sitting outside in the warm sun, shaded by a big tree near the lake doing their defense against the dark arts "homework" and snacking on some food that would be for lunch next period if either of them could be bothered to get up, which they couldn't.  

 

After lunch the two of them split up to go to their separate classes.  Daehwi to transfiguration and Samuel to potions.  Samuel could feel his heart beat faster with Daehwi's "see you in charms!" And Samuel couldn't wait for it to be charms.

 

-:-

 

On his way to charms, Samuel passed Seongwoo and Daniel who immediately stopped in the middle of the hall to talk to Samuel.  

 

"Samuel!  Just who we wanted to see!"  Daniel called reaching out with his hand that was not intertwined with Seongwoo's to stop Samuel on his tracks.  

 

"Where are you headed now?"  Seongwoo asked.

 

"Charms." Samuel answered simply.

 

"Ahh off to see your boyfie?  Too bad you can't learn any charms to charm him."  Chortled Daniel. 

 

"He's- were not dating!"  Samuel spluttered, color coming to his cheeks.  Several heads turned their way.

 

"And that's the problem, my poor closeted friend."  Daniel grinned.

 

"Agreed.  Just ask him out, the poor guy is so oblivious and if you never say anything he will never know."  Seongwoo agreed.  With that, Daniel released his hold on Samuel and he and Seongwoo continued on.

 

When Samuel got to charms Daehwi was waiting for him with a small frown on his face.

 

"What's up?"  Samuel asked, sitting down next to Daehwi.

 

"I thought you weren't gonna show up.  I thought you got hurt or something."  Daehwi said, a small pout adorning his lips, Samuel had the urge to kiss it away, but he didn't listen to his urges and ruffled Daehwi's hair.

 

"I'm sorry.  Seongwoo hyung and Daniel hyung stopped me in the hall."  Samuel apologized with an apologetic frown on his face

 

"What did they talk to you about?"  Daehwi asked, propping his head on his hand.

 

"Oh just about anything and everything."  Samuel said seriously, adding after a beat "wanna come to my dorm for a sleepover tonight?"

 

"Is that what Seongwoo hyung and Daniel hyung talked to you about?"  Daehwi asked.

 

"Nope.  They're not invited.  I mean, even if they were they'd just spend the entire time making out so.  It's not like we'll missing anything without them."  Samuel said.

 

"Fair point."  Daehwi agreed, dropping his voice to a whisper as the lesson began.  They spent the lesson whispering rather than paying attention.  They discussed how Daehwi would get into Samuel's dorm (they would meet out side it and Samuel would let him in), where they would sleep (on Samuel's bed), where and how they would get snacks (they would sneak into the kitchen).  It was all planned out, and by the time class was over, both boys were bubbling with excitement.  This would, after all, be their first sleepover.

 

-:-

 

Samuel and Daehwi met up by the secret entrance to the kitchen, an hour after dinner, and snuck in.  The kitchen was rather empty as the house elves that run it were all mostly cleaning.  They did however find a friendly house elf who was willing to get them snacks from the nearest convenience store (which was pretty far away given that they were far from normal civilization.  

 

Armed with muggle snacks, the two took a maze of secret passages up to the Gryffindor dorm where Samuel let the two of them in. 

 

Daehwi hid behind Samuel as other Gryffindors looked up.

 

"Where'd you get those?"  A scary looking fourth year asked.  Daehwi took a double take and noticed his Slytherin robes.  

 

"Not telling~"  Samuel singsonged.

 

"Who's the Hufflepuff?"  Another fourth year asked.  This one was actually wearing Gryffindor robes, Daehwi nothiced.

 

"Not telling.  He's mine."  Samuel said defiantly.  He grabbed Daehwi's hand and turned to Daehwi, "c'mon hwihwi let's go."

 

When they were safe in Samuel's dorm, Samuel noticed the blush painting his and Daehwi's cheeks.  He let go of Daehwi's hand, albeit reluctantly, and sat on his bed, motioning for Daehwi to to the same.

 

Daehwi dug into the bag of snacks, "ramen?" He offered Samuel.

 

Samuel nodded and for a little while everything was silent as the two boys are a second dinner.

 

"Reminds me of home."  Samuel said.

 

"I know what you mean.  Do you eat ramen a lot?"  Daehwi asked.

 

"Not really actually.  But whenever my mom is on a business trip it's all my dad and I eat.  He refuses to cook."  Samuel explained.

 

"Mmhmm.  Are your parents muggles then?"  Daehwi asked.

 

"Well I suppose, though neither of them were surprised when I found out that I'm a wizard.  They also knew exactly where to go... what about you?"  Samuel mused.

 

"My dad was a wizard but I haven't seen him in nine years.  He came from a long line of snobby pureblood wizards and so he obviously was kicked out for marrying a muggle.  Then nine years ago my mom and him got in a huge fight with my mom and decided to go running back to his family.  Which of course means I haven't seen him since.  When he left, my mom and I moved to Japan for a couple years, then to America for six years until we moved back here so I could go to wizarding school here."  Daehwi explained.

 

"Wow.  That's- wait if you lived in America does that mean you can speak English?"  Samuel asked.

 

"Uh. Yeah."  Daehwi answered.

 

(A/n: Bold means English btw)

 

"Really! No way!" Samuel laughed.

 

"Wait you speak English?" Daehwi asked, confused.

 

"Yeah, my family lived there for a while.  My parents met there.  I moved here recently."  Samuel explained.

 

"That's cool."  Daehwi said.  Samuel nodded. 

 

Just then Daniel popped out of nowhere, "what are you two talking about?

 

"HOLY SIOGJFHJYUFB DANIEL HYNG WHERE DID YOU COME FROM!!?!?" Samuel jumped, falling backward off his bed.

 

Seongwoo appeared a second later, "I'm sorry, we didn't mean to disturb you.  We had to drop something off for another fourth year who happens to be a Gryffindor and Daniel really wanted to come say hi."  He grabbed Daniel by the arm and dragged him down the stairs.

 

Samuel slowly picked himself off the ground and sat up.  "Did you know hyung could speak English?"

 

"No.  I mean I only just found out that you can speak English so, were equally clueless."  Daehwi answered, offering Samuel a hand to get up.

 

Samuel gratefully accepted help and sat back on the bed with Daehwi.

 

They settled back into a comfortable silence, finishing off their snacks.

 

Once they had done so, Samuel spoke up again, "what do people do at sleepovers?"  

 

"I don't know.  I mean you always hear about how girls all talk about boys or whatever."  Daehwi suggested jokingly.

 

"We could do that.  But who would we talk about?"  Samuel said, falling backwards and lying down on his bed.

 

Daehwi lay down next to him, "dunno."  It was silent again and the two were drifting off.  Daehwi turned to Samuel and asked in a whisper, "did you really mean it when you said I was yours?"

 

Blush crept up to Samuel's face despite the fact that he was hardly awake.  "Yeah, I did.  If you don't mind I mean."  Samuel mumbled, rolling over to face Daehwi.  To his dismay, Daehwi had fallen asleep.  "Ah jeez."  He muttered, "you're too cute."

 

Then in his sleep Daehwi wrapped his arms around Samuel.  Samuel could feel his face heat up even more.

 

-:- 

 

The next morning Samuel woke up to sun streaming through the window, Daehwi's arms wrapped loosely around his waist and their legs tangled together.  

 

Daehwi rolled slightly towards Samuel, wrapping his arms tighter around Samuel's waist as he slowly woke up.

 

"Muelie~"  Daehwi called, hugging Samuel closer, "did you really mean it when you I was yours?"

 

"I answered this when you asked me last night, but you fell asleep."  Samuel said.

 

"Really?  Sorry.  What did you say?"  Daehwi asked.

 

"I said something along the lines of, 'if you're ok with it then yes.'" Samuel said, feeling the blush creep up his face.

 

"I am okay with it!"  Daehwi said, excitedly, "I'm more than okay with it!  Does that mean that we're dating now?  Do I get to call you my boyfriend yet?"  Daehwi asked, in a blur of words.

 

Samuel took a minute to register everything Daehwi said, before he nodded.  

 

"Does that mean I get to kiss you?"  Daehwi asked, shyly.

 

Samuel nodded, his words caught in his throat.

 

Their lips met in perfect harmony and Samuel couldn't be happier with his adorable Hufflepuff boyfriend.

 

 

A/n:  aaaaaand it's finally done!  Sorry it took so long for me to get it up, it turned out much longer than I expected, and the ending is kinda underwhelming, so I might write a second chapter??  I don't know.  Anyway, I hope you enjoyed, and sorry for any mistakes as per usual~