Preface

Tell Me You've Fallen for Me

Nervously Samuel boarded the scarlet train waiting next to platform 9 3/4.  He had found out about 2 months ago, in a surprising turn of events, that he was a wizard and could therefore attend wizarding school.  It had taken him quite a while to actually find platform 9 3/4, and once he did, he hurried to say good-bye to his family before joining the mob of students squeezing their way onto the train.  His palms were so sweaty, he worried he would drop his trunk before he got on the train.

Once on the train, Samuel desperately tried to find an empty compartment, and to his great joy he found one near the end of the train.  He sat down and anxiously set his trunk down between him and the corner of the seat.  He leaned against his trunk, hoping to get some hours of shut-eye before he had to face his imminent wizardly doom.  

Just then there was a loud bang as the door to the compartment flew open.  Samuel sat up in fear rubbing the back of his head where he hit it on his trunk at the loud noise.  Three scary looking boys walked through the now very open door.  The first one was wearing green and silver robes and dragging the second one, also in green and silver robes, by the arm.  The third one brought up the rear in red and gold robes closing the compartment door softly behind him.

"I am Kang Dongho and I own this train."  The scary looking first boy said.  Samuel froze.  Kang Dongho and the boy he was dragging by the arm continued on, and the third boy shook his head and mouthed "no he doesn't" at Samuel before flashing him a small smile as they left.  

Samuel blinked and unfroze, but before he could think much about it his compartment door opened again and he stifled a sigh to watch whoever it was now.  To his surprise it was a boy about his age who looked about as nervous as he was if not more so.

"Hi."  Samuel started, "can I help you?"

"C-can I sit here?"  The boy spluttered nervously.

"Sure."  Samuel smiled.  

The boy sat down across from him.  Samuel was just worrying about how to break the ice when the boy started talking.

"Did you see those scary upper-classmen?  Kang Dongho, Choi Minki, and Kim Jonghyeon.  It's a shame that Jonghyeon hangs around with such Slytherins, he seems like a nice guys, and he's a Gryffindor too!  Though I suppose I shouldn't judge based on house.  What house do you want to get into?  It doesn't matter really, we can still be friends even if you're in Slytherin.  What's your name by the way, I'm Lee Daehwi."  The boy said very fast, all in one big breath.

"I-I'm Kim Samuel.  I- uh.  What're the houses?"  Samuel asked, nervous that he had messed something up.

"Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin.  They're named after the four founders of Hogwarts, the British school of magic.  It's well known for its story of Harry Potter.  There's a lot of unfair discrimination against the Slytherins because most of the well known villains come from there, but they aren't all bad.  I still find it hard to not hate on them but I try.  Anyway your parents must not be wizards, which means you're a muggle born.  There used to be a lot of discrimination against muggle borns too, but there's way less now and- I'm rambling sorry."  Daehwi said.

"Wait so.  There are four houses you said?"  Samuel double checked, Daehwi nodded happily and let Samuel continue, "and Harry Potter is real and accurate?"  Another nod, "guess I have to read that then, it must be helpful.  And then you said I'm muggle born?  What does that mean?"

"Muggle is a term we also took from the British, it's our word for non magic people.  It used to be considered horrible to be muggle born but things have changed, and if they didn't, well...  someone would probably have opened up a school for muggle borns and soon it would have way more students than the other schools so it would have ended up this way in the end anyway."  Daehwi explained. 

Then the compartment door opened for a third time and an old looking witch came in, pushing a cart full of all sorts of snacks and candies Samuel had never dreamed of.  He bought a chocolate frog since it was what caught his attention first.  Daehwi bought a chocolate frog for himself and a box of candy that looked like jellybeans.

"It's like jellybean roulette!"  Daehwi explained happily.  He picked out two that were white with yellow flecks and gave one to Samuel.  They clinked their jelly beans before both eating them.  

Daehwi spit his out immediately exclaiming, "rotten eggs!  I always get the bad ones!"  Samuel spit his out moments after.  Daehwi's eyes gleamed as he asked, "did you get rotten eggs too?"

"No, buttered popcorn.  Only the thing is it tasted so bad it took me a while to figure out what it actually was."  Samuel said with a shudder for added effect.  Daehwi laughed.  It felt good to have a friend.