One - Ply (One Shot: V x Reader)

One Ply (V x Reader)

           Waving the thin piece of one-ply toilet paper in between your fingers, you scoffed in disbelief. There was absolutely no way this was happening to you right now. You angrily tossed the pathetic abomination aside, only to watch it gracefully glide onto the cold marble floor of the bathroom; as if to mock your utter misfortune. Here you were, a day into your trip, a couple hundred dollars poorer, cheeks hanging off the toilet, and without any usable toilet paper. 

            “Ugh, five-star hotel they said, great reviews on Yelp they said, book through a shady third party website for a great discount they said.” You grumbled while staring at your disheveled self in the mirror.

            Ruffling your hair, you let out a loud sigh of frustration before swinging the door full force and storming down the hallway. There was the satisfying sound of the door slamming closed behind you in the distance. Upon reaching the front desk, your appearance was received with baffled looks from the confused individuals behind the counter. They all looked at each other, telepathically deciding who would deal with the monstrous wreck in front of them. Finally mustering enough courage, a timid girl about your height approached you,

            “C-can we help you miss?” She asked,

            The way she gave your current state a curious scan and the hesitance in her voice only exacerbated your incessant huffing and puffing. Reminding yourself of the important mission as to why you even bothered making the trip downstairs, you took a deep breath, readying yourself to tell her your dilemma,

            “Toilet paper please.” You said while placing your hands affirmatively on the counter, causing the poor girl to take a few steps back.

            “I’m sorry, but we don’t provide that, if you’d like some, you’re welcome to purchase some at the gift shop...” Her quiet voice trailed off apologetically. She gestured in some direction that your livid self couldn’t care too much about in the moment. From the blank stare and the lack of response from you, she gave you a sheepish smile and took that as her cue to excuse herself.

            ‘Purchase? Purchase?? P u r c h a s e? I have to purchase toilet paper; you mean it’s not just given to me?!  I’ll have you know lady, I booked this ty hotel off some cheap hotel website that promised me a good deal in return for exceptional service, you mean I can purchase some toilet paper. If I’m going to buy, it better be three-no four damn ply-‘

             “Thank you for your time” You mumbled through your teeth,

            You your heels, making your way downtown for this “gift” shop. You made a break for the nearest aisle as soon as you passed the double doors leading into the shop, and dexterously started sorting through the organized shelves for what you needed. Your ____ eyes lit up when you felt your fingers brush against the last roll of god’s cotton, immediately diving in for the grab when you felt it resist your tug.

            Wait-

            The toilet paper resisted?

            You stood to your full height to glance over the shelf to see what was causing gods cotton to resist coming home with you. Bent over, reaching in the shelf for what you assumed also to be last roll of toilet paper, was a slender, tall looking individual. He held up the roll, quietly muttering a victorious ‘aha’. As he helped himself up from his hunched position, he landed perfectly positioned towards you and that was both your eyes met each other halfway.

            You both froze.

            ‘Oh , she saw me.’ He thought, giving the door a panicked glance.

            ‘Oh , is that-’ You pondered while lifting a shaky finger and curiously pointed at him,

            “Taehyung?” You quietly let his name slip from your lips, trying your best not to scare him too much. He was already cowering towards the door like a frightened puppy ready to make a bolt for it.

            Yet for some reason, the quiet sweet soothing tone of your voice made his heart flutter ever so slightly. He closed his eyes for a brief second; juxtaposing in his head the screeches he was used to and your soft voice.

            He liked it

            Completely captivated, you watched the way his physique betrayed what he was feeling; how it responded to each of his emotions. His previously tense silhouette let out a soft sigh, relaxing itself.  Never breaking eye contact with you, the end his lips gently tugged to form a wide goofy grin.

            “Yes?”

            One word.

            Your felt your breath caught in your throat. Just when you thought you’ve seen all of him pasted all over websites and gotten used to his baritone voice through all those music videos. There he goes making your heart pound so hard in your chest you could hardly hear the booming music from the casino just a few feet across from you. His beautiful smile, those sharp features, and that silky soft brown hair that perfectly framed his slim face.

            He is so handsome.

            “Uh…” Your soft voice quietly trailed off,

            Your mind decided at the best possible moment to empty itself and draw a blank. Willing yourself to form a coherent sentence; nothing wanted to leave your mouth. At the slightest syllable that escaped your lips, his body instinctively leaned closer towards you, patiently waiting for the words in your head to rearrange themselves into a question.

            He just wanted to hear your voice again.

            “_______, I’m _______?” You told him, pathetically attempting to introduce yourself. You most certainly were having a hard time getting oxygen to reach your brain much less think. Taehyung softly chuckled as your flabbergasted self,

            “Why does it sound like you’re asking me a question?” He teased, reaching up and gently ruffling your hair.

            You could feel the heat rushing to your cheeks. From previous experience, you knew you were probably so red you could advertise for Coca-Cola. Without hesitation, his hands searched for yours, finding them with no effort. He gently placed the toilet paper roll in your hands,

            “Here, ______.  I can get some elsewhere, you look like you could use the extra ply.”  He said, your hands still in his. Now, were you really going to let “The Taehyung” go without toilet paper and let him use Starbucks napkins instead? No.

            “How about you go half and half with me.” You proposed, holding up the roll of toilet paper up to his face.

            “The toilet paper?!” He blinked, pointing at it dumbfounded.

            “That’s the plan! Here, come.” You laughed and slipped your hands into his. To your surprise, he didn’t protest your bold move and let you lead him to the cash wrap.      

             And there you both were, unrolling a roll of two ply toilet paper in the middle of a Las Vegas hotel with BTS’ V because the lack of it in this city seems to unite unlikely people in this city.

            “Thank you for this, really.” You said, holding up your half. He gently shook his head,

            “It’s not a problem at all. Well then, I guess I’ll see you around?” He bashfully scratched the back of his head. 

            “Definitely.” You nodded, very uncertain but hopeful.                                                          

 

            “Uber or taxi, which do you think would be cheaper?” Your friend, Leslie, asked, not breaking eye contact with her phone.           You raised an eyebrow,

            “Are you kidding me?! Walk! The arena is not that far away from here, 15 minutes by walking at most.” Your frugal-self protested.

            “But I’m lazy!” She whined, throwing herself on the bed and thrashed about. You went over and tugged at her sleeves,

            “Come on, you can do it. We’ll be there in the blink of an eye.” You said, watching her give you a pout, but got up without another word.

            Vegas was hot at this time of the year, unlike back home, where the weather was just starting to warm up. There were swarms of tourists congesting the streets, either hoping to hit the jackpot or securing a good spot at the 2017 Billboard Music Awards. You came to do both, but didn’t have much luck with the first option, so you banked on having some luck with the latter.    

            You really didn’t need to guess if you were at the right place, the ear piercing screams did a good job itself confirming that as soon as you stepped into the vast arena. You felt Leslie press herself against you,   

            “Holy , this is seriously next level.” Her voice quivered in excitement.

            Honestly, you didn’t think you could do a better job speaking at the moment so you just nodded in agreement. The echoing music above you signaled the performances had already begun so you both were left in the dark trying to find your spots. You could tell your tardiness pissed a more than a few audiences with because it took a couple dozen apologies, shoves, and excuse me’s to reach where you need to go. Briefly taking in the sight, you realized you both had a million-dollar spot right dead in front.

            “How did you manage to find such good seats?!” You marveled, completely blown away by the proximity you had to the artists.

            “Perks of having parents working in the cell industry. T-Mobile; T-Mobile Arena? Aye, get it get it?” She nudged you, giving you a sly wink. You rolled your eyes,

            “Yeah, it’s the same. I got the idea.” You drawled.

            There were sparkles all around you as your eyes were still adjusting to the dark from just being in the sun a couple of moments ago. Everyone in front of you looked like bright dots. Leslie impatiently tapped your arm, bouncing around in her seat while pointing in front of her,

            “Yo ______, BTS!” She squealed, hugging your arm while letting out a longing sigh.

            “Wait wait, I can’t see.” You told her, blinking a couple of more times. Soon enough, the flashes started to subside and you looked towards where she was pointing and indeed it was BTS.

            It’s Taehyung.

            He was radiating so much charisma you felt it from where you were sitting and quite frankly, it intimidated the hell out of you. His sharp eyes were focused on the stage, whilst his head lightly bobbed to the beat of the music. You couldn’t decipher the way he was making you feel, but it was completely overwhelming as opposed to your previous encounter. Undoubtedly feeling your heated gaze towards him, he looked in your direction. You were staring so intently; you didn’t even have time to catch yourself before he caught your eye. His watchful eyes softened when he recognized your familiar face in the crowd.

            There it was again, that all too familiar feeling.

            Suddenly, the crowd in view became a blur of gray and you could hardly hear the music in the background. When the adrenaline finally reached your fingertips, it left you trembling.

            Despite the dark, he could vaguely make out of your face. Catching you staring too intently, he watched your adorable face flush. Deciding to tease you just a little, he winked and blew a kiss in your direction, instigating a wave of screams. The sheer volume broke your trance, greeting you with a rude reality of a particularly loud fangirl directly seated beside you.

            “Oh my god, did you see that?! He blew a kiss at me!” Leslie screeched right in your ear, making you wince at the volume.

            “Yeah, I saw.” You looked at her while patting her hand to appease her.

            You looked back at Taehyung and scrunched up your nose at him, obviously displeased with the teasing. You saw his lips move in the slightest. It was so dark you could hardly make out what he was trying to say, but from what you were able to make out, it looked a lot like,

            “You’re cute.”

         

 

 

 

Bonus: Dis for u