Save Me (Jennie)

Stay with Me {on hold}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Switching to Third person)

What could I do? I’m alone in the world now..how can I help myself?

Jennie opened her eyes to nothing..blackness. Am I dead now? She looked around, the brunette was sitting in nothing but blank space. Suddenly, a flash before her eyes. The world around her appeared artificial, the trees, the ground, the air. Although the ground was covered in snow..but why snow? It was the start of Spring, it wasn’t possible for there to be snow around this time. Where am I..? 

The land around here seemed nothing like Kison, nowhere near Kison. It was as if she was trapped in a snowglobe. This assumption wasn’t wrong, the ‘snow’ didn’t feel anywhere near cold. But then again, the world seem to be natural enough despite looking fake. Jennie began exploring cautiously, the environment was something not to be trusted. Nothing here should be taken for granted.

She reached what seemed to be a barrier, she pounded her fists on it. No sound nor setback. Something was wrong there and she knew it, there was still more land to cover beyond the invisible barrier. “Let me through, dammit!” Jennie hit it again, banging as hard as she could. She stumbled back, returned to kick the invisible obstacle. It was no use, her hands as well as her feet felt sore through her efforts escaping for the past minutes.

Jennie was suddenly hit back by the wall when she sent another kick to it, she groaned looking back towards the horizon. There was something off with it now. It was just the continuous trail of trees and snow..it felt distorted. Branches bent in odd ways, the ground seemed to collapse in on itself beyond the barrier.

“What the hell is this..?” Was all Jennie could manage to say as the world beyond the barrier seem to transition to an open field of green grass with drops of flowers appearing. The tall pine tree collapsed but faded being replaced by oak trees. Soon, the sky beyond her cleared to nothing but blue skies ahead. She paused to stare at the scenery unfold before her, what was going on?

On her end of the invisible border, snow fell. To Jennie, she couldn’t notice much of it for her eyes longing at the distance of freedom of brightness beyond her. But why couldn’t she budge? The world ahead was somewhere away from Kison. Kison! If she only took a few steps, she’d be free, free to live the rest of her life..in finally what seemed like eternal bliss.

The snow above her seem to fall endlessly, that Jennie probably already had herself covered in snow. She quickly stood up brushing off the snow keeping her eyes towards the bright sunshine ahead of her. Taking small steps and place her hand on the invisible wall, the wall soon made ripples as her hand passed through. This in turn made Jennie jump back, she looked behind her. The world behind her seemed to transition into the abandoned c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter