Playing With Fire (Lisa)

Stay with Me {on hold}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Something was odd. It was more like something smelled odd. Wait, this smell was the thing Lisa could recognize, an aching stench for her to hinder at. It was a horrid momento etched into the back of her mind.

Lisa shook her head as she rested on the bridge that early morning, there was no time to mope around like this. Too early at the least. The blonde woke up perhaps in the early hours of the morning, the sun was low in the sky that time. As of right now, the sun had just risen. What can curious little Lisa find today? Lisa asked herself with a slight chuckle. Play around or fetch for more supplies on the border territories?

But what border was open to her aside from the blockage to the North and West? Last time she looked through the area, bridges and gateways to the territories were barricaded shut as to no one getting in nor out. The East was a territory Lisa wasn’t ready whether to check or not, maybe there were survivors there. Maybe she had wasted three years of her life out alone when she could’ve gone East.

Maybe these hopes could turn to be false, maybe she was letting herself live off a whim in saying she could find someone once again. But, she clearly did remember how each of the territories got hit by Mother Nature. The East side was the second one doomed by earthquakes, were there possible remnants she could live from aside from the school she lived on now? Would it be worth it?

“Never know unless you try right?” Lisa added to her thoughts dusting herself as she got down from the bridge. This time, being less tense going down the broken staircase on the concrete edges.

The journey East would be much farther from her school to at least reach the border in just one day, but Lisa is such a midnight explorer..or at least she would like to call it. Although any normal human being would probably process their choices in staying or leaving, obviously staying to not risk it all. But that wasn’t Lisa.

Back in the lively days, Lisa was considered way too daring for others to have at her. But it was all bark and no bite nowadays. Lisa had to risk her all to get in touch or at least take back for the area in the East.

Lisa spent the entire day contemplating if she were to agree with herself to get to the East. How would she navigate anyways? The highways around could lead her, but not all could be reliable unless she had a map. Maybe the school has a modern day map! It may not be “up to date” but it could remind her of the land years ago for her to reach the East.

Lisa returned to the school searching all the available rooms that didn’t remain lock through the disasters. It’d be common sense to check the geography rooms..maps and all. But that room was on the East Wing.

The East Wing was composed of the history, geography, and the language classes. Meanwhile the West Wing being the Math and Science classes with electives. It was worth a shot, but definitely not to her luck.

Lisa jumped down to the crater created on the farthest end of the East Wing, a burning smell came directly from the rooms, “Ashes?” Lisa whispered leading herself towards the horrid stench. Thankfully, it wasn’t coming from any of geography rooms. But if it came to daring in these situations, Lisa wouldn’t be going in the mysterious burning room for today.

The blonde went to many of the locked doors seeing if she could bust it open, she was coming short of the choices she had in finding a map until she managed to bust the fourth door she came across.

“Oh god, please no splinters..” Lisa mumbled as she figured her foot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter