Final

Because You Can't Cook

Namjoon and Minseok has had a relationship for almost a year when until they decided to call it off one day. It has been two weeks after the breakup and there Minseok was, in his kitchen, packing some food in a container.

    “Alright Minseok, you’re doing this as a mere gesture of goodwill. You know him and you know he cant cook. Nothing special at all. He cant cook and take outs are bad for you” he said to himself as he packed the remaining food into the square container and pressed the lid on top of it, sealing the container.

It was a shared fact between the two. When they were still together, Minseok would always make dinner for them and sometimes lunch. The taller of the two would always commented on how cute he looked in an apron. How he would make a perfect husband. Sometimes he would stay the night at Namjoon’s apartment, and he would make breakfast for his boyfriend. Sometimes, Namjoon would show up in Minseok’s door with bags of groceries, asking if Minseok could make a meal out of it.

But its all in the past now. Their relationship is over.

The raven haired male then put the container in a bag, then made his way to the door, leaving his apartment.

He took the bus to Namjoon’s apartment. His apartment wasn’t too far from Namjoon’s, but he figured it would save him the time and energy if he just took the bus. After a while, the bus stopped and Minseok got off the bus, making his his way to his ex boyfriend’s apartment.

He breathed in and exhaled as he approached the apartment building’s door. He went there so many times that some people that lived there know him, resulting some to greet him and asking him if he came to see Namjoon, which he politely replied with a smile and a few nervous chuckles.

    “this is nothing special. He’ll die if he keep ordering takeouts, and because he can’t cook. I’m doing this as a sign of goodwill.” he repeated in his head as the elevator went up to the 5th floor.

The elevator stopped and the door opens, revealing a hallway too familiar for him. He made a brisk walk to Namjoon’s door. He looked at the wooden material, thinking whether he should knock or not. He had the spare key to the apartment, which he forgot to return to the taller male. He raised his fist, but hesitated for a moment. He then gulps and knocks on the door.

    “coming” a voice came muffled from behind the door. Minseok tensed up from hearing the voice. He could feel butterflies tickling his inside as seconds passed on. “can I help-” Namjoon said as he opened the door, only to stop mid sentence when he saw the small male in front of him “Minseok?”

    “have you eaten yet?” he asked, looking straight at the latter’s eyes. He was sure his cheeks were a bit flushed, which he tried to control.

    “.…..yes, I have” he answered. But his body seemed to disagree as his stomach growled, leaving the male flushed with embarrassment

    “it seems not. Let me in, I brought you dinner” Minseok said. The taller complied an opened the door wider to let the male in. Minseok took off his shoes and head straight to the kitchen and placed the bag on the dining table.

The first thing he notices as soon as he enter the kitchen was the pile of dirty dishes on the sink. Being a minor clean freak, he sighed and washed the dishes.

    “why are you stacking dirty dishes? It could attract roaches and mice, and I don’t think you would like that” Minseok said in a slightly irritated tone towards Namjoon as soon as he entered the kitchen.

    “i don’t have roaches in my apartment” he defended “and that's because I was kinda busy with work today, so I haven't got the chance to clean. I swear I was going to though”

    “well, there will be soon if you don’t clean. You should clean up every time after you eat. Speaking of eating, eat up, I made some for you”

    “thanks… but, why?” Namjoon asked. He doesn't want to sound ungrateful, but he was curious.

Minseok stopped his washing for a moment, then opened his mouth to speak.

    “cause you cant cook for and take outs are bad for you. And I don’t want you to die of hunger alone in your apartment” he answered, a slight blush appeared on his cheeks.

Suddenly, he felt a pair of arms wrapped around him. He could feel Namjoon’s chest on his back. His familiar scent, his familiar warmth, rushing to fill him.

    “thank you… thank you so much, Minseok” Namjoon said in a soft, hushed tone. The same tone he would always use when he used to whisper sweet nothings into his ear. He buried his nose in Minseok’s dark locks, subtly inhaling his scent. “you want to stay the night? Please?” he asked, his hug softly tightens around the small male, as if desperate for him to stay.

    "...okay”

So Namjoon waited for Minseok to finish cleaning up before eating. He complimented him, saying he makes the best fried rice in the whole world, leaving Minseok chuckling and somewhat flustered. They spent the night watching movies and talking. Although no ‘I loves you’s were exchanged that night, less a gesture of love, and all was platonic, but they know in their heart, they’re still in love with each other.

--

A/N: WHY DOESNT AFF TEXT EDITOR INPUT THE TAB FUNCTON. but yeah, aside from that, YAY for rare pairings. i actually kinda ship them (which is very a very rare ship. VERY rare.) i hope you like it and leave a comment! :) (oh and shameless advertisement, i'm deleting my drabble dump, and i'll post the chapters as separated fics). Love you beautiful people~

-exobabypao99