Start and final

She knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Edited chapter. New scene and sentences added. Corrected speech verbs and grammatical errors.

But I can't guarantee that there won't be anymore mistakes.

Warning! Do not read if you have difficulty comprehending present day and flashbacks.

Bold- Present

Normal- Flashback

Long chapter ahead!

“Songsaengnim,” Sumin squeaked, peeping through the half opened door. Her heart thumping in panic as well as excitement. Panicked because her teacher suddenly called her to come to his office. Has she done something wrong? Excited because her ex-boyfriend suddenly wanted her to come to his office. Has he missed her?

“Come in,” she can hear the flipping of the pages of a book coming along with his voice. He’s reading. She pushed open the door to be greeted by the sight of her ex-boyfriend looking oh-so-handsome. His full attention on a test paper that seems to be hers. I fail again. She concluded to herself.

“Why did you call for me?” she mumbled, her body refusing to go nearer to him as she remained at a 3-foot away from his table.

The older male could sense the uncomfortableness in her tone.

Suho looked up from the paper he had been reading. Her paper. He pressed his lips firmly, heaving deeply in the process. “Have you found a tutor yet?” he managed to say.

Her breath hitched. She looked up, her eyes finding his. “No.” It came out as a whisper.

There’s a short silence before he said, “You fail again.” His voice full of concern.

Sumin didn’t look shocked. She knew she would fail. She hated Physics. She at the subject. She didn’t have a tutor and she didn’t want one. She only wants him.

“Kai has dance class and there’s no one available after school,” she said. Her voice coming out no louder than a mouse squeaking.

Her classmates were busy for the Sports Meet coming up in three months and not to mention the Term exam right after the Meet. They had to practice for the Meet and study for the Term exam. Everyone had to be selfish when it comes to competitiveness.

Suho tried to hold back the grin about to form. “I’ll tutor you,” he remarked a little bit too chirpy but his ex-girlfriend was just too shocked to hear the excitement in his voice.

“Songsaengnim,” she pleaded grabbing her Physics’ teacher wrist.

Suho let out a long inaudible groan. Was she now turning into one of those obsessive ex-girlfriends who can’t get over their break ups? He couldn’t deny that he missed her. But for Pete’s sake, they’re at school grounds! And he’s busy.

“I’m busy," he professionally stated, trying his best not to yank her arm away which had been earning weird stares from the passing students. “You can remove your hand now.”

A deep shade of red started peeking out of her cheeks as she removed her hand from his wrist immediately. “Sorry," she mumbled, her cheeks now already blushing. Funny right? But her ex-boyfriend still managed to bring out a reaction on her blood. They dated only for a little over half a year and it’s not even one week since they break up but then it was enough for her to fall in love with her Physics teacher. Hard and deep.

Taking advantage of the silence, Sumin started, “Would you mind tutoring me?” It came out barely as a whisper. Her fingers fiddling out of nervousness. God, she hadn’t been this nervous in her 18 years of living.

Suho sighed. He couldn’t deny that a part of him wanted to tutor her but, “I’m busy. Ask Kai” is what came out.

“He has dance class after school,” she mumbled but loud enough for the older male to hear. She didn’t want to disturb her neighbour who took his dance class more precious than his health. Besides, she didn’t want to take his feelings for her for granted.

“Then ask someone who is not busy after school,” saying that, her Physics teacher walked off.

Sumin gripped the hems of her skirt, trying not to let tears overcome her. Didn’t he love her anymore? Some feelings might still be there right? Didn’t he tell her he will love her forever?

“Sumin” the name rolled out of his tongue, as if telling that he missed that name so much.

The said girl blinked her eyes but still in daze. Did her ex-boyfriend just declare that he will tutor her?

“You aren’t listening,” Suho wanted to scold but instead it came out as a whine.

However it helped his ex-girlfriend in bringing her out of her trance. “I’m sorry, songsaengnim,” Sumin muttered bowing in the process.

“What did I just say?” it was supposed to be a question not a statement. A soft scolding hiding behind his sweet voice.

Sumin bit her lower lip, her eyebrows creasing. “You are going to tutor me?” She herself wasn’t sure.

“Yes, I’m going to tutor you and,” Suho deadpanned, “the tutoring will start this weekend. I’ll be picking you up from your house.”

The girl student tried her best not to jump and squeal in excitement. Does this mean he still have feelings for me?

“Where are we going?” Sumin broke the awkward silent in the car.

“Somewhere quiet,” Suho muttered eyes still on the road.

And then there went the awkward silent again. Sumin stole a glance at her ex-boyfriend. Handsome as always. But then she wanted to ask him if he had found a new girlfriend already or another person he loves.

“You can stop admiring my face. We have reached,” the girl immediately looked away, embarrassed that she had been caught. Her eyes widen at the sight in front.

Somewhere quiet. This had always been a quiet place. Perfect for studying. A place where a person who can’t concentrate, someone like her, should study. She remembered coming here when she was still in Middle school. Jongin dragged her out here because a certain girl named Byun Sumin couldn’t focus on her studies. But Suho came and took his place. Since then, this had been their study place.

Elle. That’s the name of the café. Located at a secluded corner around a river bank, not many come to this place. Only a few who has a passion for the real taste of coffee. Kim Minseok made the best coffee.

“Are you going to stand there forever?” she heard her ex-boyfriend calling her out which in turn brought her out of her short stupor. Why was she always dreaming nowadays? Was it because of Suho?

Sumin grabbed her school bag and made her way towards the café with Suho leading her. “Oh, both of you are here after since like forever,” Chen, a cousin of Minseok who works as a part-time in the café, grinned seeing the male and female.

Sumin gave a small smile at the lively male.

“We’ll be studying here,” Suho uttered short and clear. He can’t have one of his students failing in the Term exam.

“Eesh, grumpy grandpa,” Chen mumbled loud enough for the older male to hear.

“Aish, you little-” Suho hissed glaring at the camel dinosaur look alike male.

A soft giggle escaped from his ex-girlfriend’s mouth. Oh, how he missed those cute giggles.

“Sumin ah, don’t you ever get tired of his grumpiness?” the oblivious male voiced out, “you are lucky that she took you as her boyfriend.”

A feeling of tension hung in the air between the ex-couple. Chen didn’t know. “I’m the one who is lucky,” Sumin stated giving a weak smile. At least that’s what she thought.

“Wow, I remember coming to this place with Kai,” the petite girl chirped earning a knowing smile from her Physics teacher. “This place is perfect for me to study,” she added.

Suho grinned at his overly excited student. “Then let’s go and search for a perfect seat,” he pronounced, taking hold of her hand and leading the way.

Who cares if people from school saw them? As long as he has her by his side, nothing matters. He is her teacher and he will make sure he will also be her first and last boyfriend.

Sumin looked at their intertwined hands. What if people from school saw them? Wasn’t this wrong? Her teacher was holding his student's hand. What if people thought they were in a relationship? A romantic student-teacher relationship was purely against school rules.

“Wah, this is perfect,” Suho exclaimed, removing their intertwined hands and taking his seat. He couldn’t deny he wanted to hold her hand forever.

“Ok, let’s start!” Sumin cheered herself up. God, she hated physics as much as she hated tomatoes. But hello, her crush was here to help her out. Wasn’t that great?

“Cute little thing are you,” Suho commented making the cheerful girl blushed like hell. He called me cute!

“So which topic is more difficult? Kinematics? Thermodynamics? Laws of motion?” Suho started flipping through the text book.

Sumin gulped. Kinematics? Is that physics? Isn’t that supposed to be a Mathematics subject to be studied at college level? Her whole life has been lying! She rubbed her nape awkwardly. “Let’s start with Physical world and Measurement,” she muttered earning a wide eye from her Physics teacher.

“The beginning?” Suho scowled. What is she? An elementary student?

The younger female bobbed her head shyly. It’s not her fault that she at Physics.

“Byun Sumin, define physics,” Suho turned into his teacher mode.

Hah, that’s easy. “It means physical science,” she confidently answered.

Suho mentally slapped his forehead. Did she clearly have no idea about Physics? “Chemistry is also a physical science,” he deadpanned.

“I know,” Sumin grinned, “Both of them are physical science.”

“I said define. D-E-F-I-N-E.” Ok, her Physics teacher is seriously turning into a grumpy grandpa who is on his teacher mode.

The girl only rolled her eyes. “Geez, you are grumpier than my grandpa,” she commented.

“Says someone who is trying my patient,” Suho retorted.

“I didn’t even do anything,” she innocently replied back. “You are just being cranky.”

“You know,” Suho smirked leaning closer to her. “According to magnetism, like magnetic poles repel and unlike magnetic poles attract. And we are like unlike magnetic poles”.

Sumin’s breathe hitched. What’s her teacher saying?

Suho tipped his head nearer, his lips almost touching her earlobe as he whispered, “You are cheerful. I’m grumpy. I’m lucky that you attracted me.”

“Let’s start,” Sumin sighed bringing her ex-boyfriend out of his world. What is he thinking about so deeply? Scared that his current girlfriend will take it in the wrong sense?

“Oh, yeah,” Suho mumbled. “What topic shall we start with? Kinematics? Thermodynamics? Laws of motion?”

Sumin pondered for a while before replying, “Magnetism.”

“Hey, have you found a tutor yet?” Kai started as he trotted towards Sumin. It was Wednesday and he didn’t have dance class. So, maybe he could return home together with her.

Sumin hummed trying to suppress a grin. “Kim Songsaengnim,” she answered.

“Finally, he agreed!” the tanned male exclaimed. “I was starting to get curious why he didn’t want to tutor you when he clearly knew how badly you fared at his subject.”

“You failed again didn’t you?” he added. “Wah! Why am I even friend with an idiot?”

“Yah!” Sumin hollered at her neighbour who was pretending like he didn’t say anything joshing. “You are mean,” she pouted when the boy didn’t give her his attention, not that she craved for.

Kai tilted his head as he stared at her for a short ten seconds. “Next time, don’t pout if you don’t want me to kiss you,” he ended with a smirk adorning his handsome face.

Sumin gulped. Why was he always so straightforward? She remembered the night when he openly declared his love for her in front of their parents. They were having dinner at his house. And you should have seen the look on their parents face. They were beyond happy. And Sumin’s mom started nudging her to date him ever since that day. He’s such a gentleman. Her mom had said that. No wonder she never introduced Suho to her parents as her boyfriend but as her Physics teacher. Kai also didn’t know.

“I’m just joking,” Kai poked the side of her stomach with his index finger. “I won’t kiss you. I already have a girlfriend.”

At that, Sumin let out a loud gasp, halting her steps. “Really?” she chirped turning to look at him with sparkling eyes.

Kai sheepishly rubbed his nape, nodding in the process.

“What’s her name? Where did you meet her? How long have it been?” she bombarded him with questions. Wah, finally, she can live peacefully.

“Woah, hold up. Are you really that happy?” Kai remarked making the excited female nod readily.

“So, so, tell me,” she nudged, curiously bumping her shoulder with his.

Kai heaved in deeply. He’s about to be interrogated by a very famous CID. “Her name is Soojung. Jung Soojung. But you can call her Krystal. We went to the same dance class and we started dating not less than a week ago,” he finished with a satisfied grin. Oh, how lucky he is to have Krystal as his girlfriend.

“Sazz, congrats dude,” Sumin ruffled his hair playfully making the tanned male groan in annoyance.

Kai grabbed her hand making her stop simultaneously, he smirked and the female gulped. “I’m going to set you up with my best friend now,” he whispered sending jolt of electricity to her body.

“Is he handsome?” she decided to play along.

Kai chortled. “Oh baby, you won’t regret it.”

Sumin rolled her eyes. “What’s his na-”

“Sumin!” an awfully familiar voice boomed her name.

Kai frowned. “You didn’t tell me you will study today.” He felt betrayed.

Suho jogged towards the two of them.

“Songsaengnim,” the tanned male greeted his Physics teacher making the older male nod, as if acknowledging his presence and then he turned his head towards the other student.

“I don’t remember saying that you can go home,” Suho stated gazing at his ex-girlfriend.

Kai awkwardly coughed. “I should go. Call me when you reach home,” he said looking at Sumin. The girl nod in compliance staring at the back of the retreating male.

“So?” Suho uttered gaining the younger female attention.

Sumin started fiddling with her fingers. “I thought you would want to accompany Sora to the shopping mall,” she mumbled.

A light dry chuckle escaped her ex-boyfriend’s mouth. “Why do I need to accompany her when I have a student to tutor?”

Student.

“Because you know she’s your”, Sumin muttered, not having the courage to say the last word. Girlfriend.

“! You are having a fever,” Sumin cried out, panicking. She was about to inform her younger sister that she’s going out to meet someone when she found her snuggling and panting inside the blanket, moving restlessly.

“Unnie,” Sora croaked out, sniffling. “I’m ok. It’s just a fever.”

Sumin glared at her younger sister of one year giving her a silent scolding. “Fever or not. You are sick,” she bluntly stated tugging the blanket properly around the body of her younger sister.

Sora gave her a weak smile.

“I’m gonna go and make porridge,” Sumin said walking out of her younger sister room.

She’s in the midst of cooking when her phone rang. “Oppa,” she sighed, picking up the call.

Suho hummed in response on the other side.

“I won’t be able to meet you,” she managed to say.

Suho could only breathe out a ‘why’. “Sora is sick. There’s no one home. I need to take care of her,” his girlfriend answered. “Do you instead want to come here?”

“Sure!” he chirped, sounding a bit cheerful.

Sumin knitted her eyebrows. Wasn’t he supposed to be angry at her for cancelling the long awaited date? Anyway, her ears might be just playing with her. So she shrugged the thought away.

Having finished cooking, she strode towards her younger sister’s room with the bowl of hot porridge in her hand. She entered the room and found Sora still in her bed.

“Here eat this. You will feel better,” she said handing Sora the bowl.

At that moment the doorbell rang. “Oh, he’s here,” Sumin chipped smiling softly.

“Who?” Sora mumbled.

“My Physics teacher,” she muttered. She hadn’t told her family of her relationship with her Physics teacher. Let’s just wait until she graduate.

The younger female grinned brightly. “Really? Oh my god!”

Sumin gave a raised brow. Why was her younger sister so cheerful at the mention of Suho coming to her house?

“It’s just he hasn’t come to the house ever since your tutor session with him is over,” Sora answered, a deep shade of red covering her beautiful face.

“I’ll go and get the door,” Sumin mumbled still in daze at her younger sister weird action.

“Oppa,” she squeaked when she saw her boyfriend standing oh-so-handsome in those casual jeans.

Suho gave her a loving smile, about to give her a peck on her lips when she pushed him away. “Sora is inside,” she hissed making the older male laughed.

“She’s sick,” he whined.

Sumin rolled her eyes. “So?”

“That means she won’t-”

“Unnie,” Sumin could hear Sora’s weak shouts. She smirked at her boyfriend as she whispered, “She’s still conscious.”

Suho pouted. “You are mean” he whined as he followed his girlfriend to her younger sister room.

“Yes? You want anything?” Sumin asked making her way towards her younger sister who was trying to sit up.

Sora handed her elder sister her phone. “Oppa called. He wanted you to bring the file on his table”, she uttered, stealing a glance on the handsome Physics teacher.

Sumin nodded. “Songsaengnim, please take care of her,” she remarked slightly grazing her hand with the teacher and walking out of the room.

She was about to enter her brother’s company building when he called her.

“Sumin ah, if you haven’t reached the company, can you please bring the model for the new hotel. It’s on my cabinet,” Baekhyun sighed in the phone.

“Sure”, she chirped turning her heels and walking back to her house. It’s gonna be another long 30 minute bus ride.

When she entered the house, it was quiet as if showing off an aura that no one was home. Maybe Suho and Sora are still uncomfortable with each other.

But then when she passed through her younger sister’s room, she knew why the house was quiet.

Abruptly opening the door, she gawked at her boyfriend and younger sister. Wasn’t Sora supposed to be sick?

But why was she and Suho making out?

“We don’t have anything going on between us,” Suho bluntly stated, staring deep into his ex-girlfriend eyes. Oh, how he missed looking at those eyes.

Sumin looked a bit unsure for a while but then, “Ok,” she curtly stated, “maybe we should start our study” she said leading the way.

Suho sighed, staring at the back view of his ex-girlfriend. There’s nothing going on between Kai and her right?

“So, Sumin, he is Sehun, my best friend,” Kai introduced the pale handsome male standing on his right.

Damn it, he’s really handsome.

“I know he’s handsome but stop ogling at him,” Krystal teased sending blood into the other female cheeks.

Sehun awkwardly rubbed his nape. Oh god, why were his palms sweating like anything?

“Aww, I’m hurt. You didn’t bother to ogled at me when you even saw me half or just in my briefs”, the tanned male held his chest dramatically. “I’m more handsome and hotter than him. Every girl wants a piece of this y body,” he pretended to pout hurtfully, a proud smirk hiding behind it.

“She saw you half ?!” “Boxers?!” Krystal and Sehun cried out in unison as both of them frowned at the two neighbours.

Sumin smirked, trying to suppress a laughter as she remembered that day. “Oh yes, I should have ogled. It was a limited edition of Calvin Klein with the picture of Winnie the Pooh holding a cane stick,” she teased not looking at Kai.

Kai nearly had his jaws dropped. “Yah! You don’t need to go around telling everyone that,” he hissed slightly embarrass at the revelation.

“Ooh, says someone who boast around saying I saw him in his briefs,” Sumin blew her tongue. “Krys, your boyfriend is a huge fan of Winnie the Pooh”, she added winking.

All of Kai’s blood rushed into his cheeks, blushing like the world is about to come to an end. Why was he so embarrassed that Krystal would laugh at him?

“He’s so cute~” Krystal squealed like a fan girl. “Look at him blushing.”

The redness in his cheeks didn’t leave him yet. “The y Kai is blushing,” Sehun piped in.

Sumin burst out into a fit of laughter. “Maybe you should think before you boast,” she managed to say in between her laughter.

“Yah, go and study your Physics,” Kai screeched, the embarrassment reaching Level 100. Out of all people, his girlfriend has to find out his obsession for limited cartoon boxers? Why?

“Ok, Ok I’ll leave now. And oh don’t forget to show Krystal your new Alvin and the chipmunks’ shorts. Krys, it’s also a limited edition. Make sure to take a picture,” Sumin voiced out, a smirk adorning her face as she turned her heels only to be stop by a strong arm.

“I thought you told me to leave,” she huffed sarcastically, in the process rolling her eyes a little.

“Do you wanna go on a double-date?”

And two people present nearly had their jaws drop. “What?!” both Sumin and Sehun cried out in unison getting what the tanned male was implying.

“Ooh, double date sounds great!” Krystal chirped hooking her arms with Kai’s. “Baby, you are the best,” she added giving a peck on her boyfriend’s cheek.

“So?” Kai tapped his feet pretending to be impatient.

Sehun and Sumin looked at each other. “I’m sorry,” the female uttered. “I have Physics study lesson.”

A loud groan was heard from Kai. “Baby, study is more important,” Krystal rubbed the back of her boyfriend’s back even if she was a bit disappointed that they wouldn't be able to go on a double date.

“Maybe I should go. Songsaengnim must be waiting for me,” saying that she sped off.

“Wait!” Sehun's hot voice stopped her from her tracks.

Sumin turned to look at him with a soft smile. “Sehun-shi.”

“You can just call me Sehun,” the male awkwardly rubbed his nape, his lower lip simultaneously. “Anyway, since we aren’t going to the double date. I was hoping if you are free on Friday night,” he shyly concluded.

Sumin let out a light giggle. “Go straight to the point.”

“I like you” and the female had her eyes nearly pop out. Sehun as soon as he got what he was saying, “I mean, I like you as in I want to get to know you more. So mind going out for a movie date?”

“I’d love to. I also want to get to know you better,” she remarked grinning lightly.

“Yeah so then on Saturday. I’m gonna pick you up at three. Is that ok?” Sehun prayed for the female to say yes.

Sumin nodded. “But it would be fine even if you don’t pick me up,” she mumbled.

Sehun snorted. “Whether you like it or not, I’m gonna pick you up,” he finished with a smirk. “By the way, I think your teacher is angry, ” he tipped his head towards the other side of the road where Suho was standing, staring at the both of them with an unreadable expression.

“Oh my god, I’m 17 minutes late. I should go. See ya,” Sumin hurried off.

“Saturday. Exactly at three!” Sehun hollered at the running female.

Sumin made an ‘ok’ sign with her hand as she crossed the road, running towards her Physics teacher. “Songsaengnim, I’m so sorry,” she mumbled standing in front of Suho.

Suho pressed his lips firmly before muttering, “It’s fine”. He stole a quick glance at the younger male who was looking at them, more specifically her. “Let’s go,” he mumbled with a little off tone.

His ex-girlfriend hummed in response, walking next to him.

“Who was he?” Suho couldn’t help but sound curious.

Sumin looked up from her writing. “Who?” she uttered, eyebrows creasing. Who is he talking about?

Suho sighed; maybe it’s not the best time to ask about him. “No one,” he muttered.

And the girl student returned to her work, nodding slightly.

But it hadn’t been even ten minutes when her phone rang with the name ‘Bratty Kai’ showing in big bold letters. Suho wondered with what name she might be saving his number. Did she still save his as ‘Grumpy hubby’?

“Yah, I’m still studyin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter