Final

Roommates

Silence filled the dimly lit room. The only source of light was the filtered light coming from the curtain draped window. The only sound breaking the silence was the constant ticking of a clock and some light snores coming from two bodies, tangled together under a wide blanket.

As the second hand of the clock hits twelve, a loud beeping sound erupts from the device, disrupting the two individual’s slumber.

“oh god.. I hate that clock so much..” a black haired male groaned and rolled to his side, then slammed his palm on the clock to stop the beeping. He rolled back to his original position, facing another person on the bed.

“morning, sweetheart” he said with a lazy smile plastered on his face

“mmh.. screw you Jongdae..” an orange haired male replied sleepily, bringing his hands out from the blanket to rub some sleep away from his eyes.

“awh, don’t be such a brat, give your roommate a morning kiss” Jongdae puckered his lips and made kissing noises, just to annoy the other male

“Stop talking.. you stink” the latter mumbled before turning his back on the black haired male

“speak for yourself ” Jongdae chuckled

“whatever” the latter also chuckled lazily as he sat up and yawns one last time before standing up and walked to the bathroom.

Jongdae watched his the other male making his way to the bathroom, a small smile plastered on his face, which he hoped he wouldn't notice. His roommate’s name is Kim Minseok. They became friends after finding that they have the same interest, Manga.

He first met him on a fair one autumn. The lot was packed with people, until something caught his attention. It was the 28th chapter of Iron Woman, the last chapter of the series, and just the last to complete his collection. When he reached for the book, his hand touched another hand. He then trailed his gaze from the smaller hand upwards to the owner.

Lets just say Jongdae was infatuated, just like in the cheesy shoujo mangas he read.

“oh, you read Iron Woman too?” he asked, earning the other boy’s attention.

“yeah, I do. But I guess I’m somewhat late, I cant find the 27th chapter anywhere in this town, its kinda drives me crazy” he chuckled

“i have those! You can read mine!” he said with full on enthusiasm, which he immediately toned down “that, if you want” he said sheepishly

Minseok just stared at him with wide eyes, a bit startled by the first outburst.

“Okay..? I’d love to” he chuckled, sending butterflies down Jongdae’s insides. “you can have this then, since I’ll be reading yours” he picked the last book on the shelf and gave it to Jongdae. He looked at the book and took the offering.

“...wanna buy some drinks and talk about Iron Woman?” he offered with a hopeful smile, which the latter replied with a smile and a nod.

Since that day and their encounter at the book fair, Jongdae would invite Minseok to his apartment every weekend (if they had the time to). Whether it is to read manga, watch some anime, or just hang out. Likewise, Minseok would occasionally invite Jongdae to his. As time passes on, they became best friends, and finally decided to just live together as housemates.

Years passed, but still, Jongdae couldn’t hide from the fact that he was indeed, in love with, crushing on, infatuated, call it whatever you want, with his best friend.

--

“Dae, I have to work until a bit late today, Chanyeol got a fever, so I have to cover for him” Minseok said as he put on his shirt.

“kay, tell Kris I called him an ” Jongdae chuckled. Kris was Minseok’s boss and happened to be his ex boyfriend. Him and Jongdae went to the same university, so they are pretty much in a good relationship.

“Sure~ bye Dae” Minseok chuckled and pat Jongdae’s bare shoulder before going downstairs.

“Bye Minnie~” he replied with a louder talking voice, knowing Minseok doesn't like the nickname. He chuckled after hearing Minseok’s ‘ttek ttek’ from downstairs. After he could hear the sound of door closing, he said with a hushed tone “Love you”

--

“I’m telling you Dae, just tell him you have a major for him” a male with round eyes and thick lips said as he pressed a stamp on the first front page of a book.

“i don’t know, Soo.. what if he’s straight and he gets weirded out and things become awkward for us?”

“well, I don’t think he’s that straight though..”

“what do you mean?”

“i mean, sometimes after the library closes and I took the bus home, I saw Minseok with some guy. And should I say he’s really good looking”

“that doesn't make you gay, Soo” Jongdae pouted

“well, I didn’t mention he once kissed Minseok’s cheek didn’t I? tell me that's not gay. No offense though”

“WHAT” an outburst came from the male, which earned him soft glares and irritated looks from the library’s visitors. After apologizing sheepishly, Jongdae looked back at Kyungsoo.

“yeah, but I don’t know though.. “ Kyungsoo shrugged

“What should I do?! i don’t.. I haven’t told him my feelings yet, at least..”

“well, my advice is you tell Minseok how you feel. This isn't some cheesy drama or those girl mangas”

“they’re called shoujo mangas and they teach you valuable lessons of love” Jongdae defended

“whatever. My point is, if you don’t tell him how you feel, sooner or later, he might fall into another man’s arms. Or woman, if he turns out to be straight because- well, you get my point” the small framed boy finished stamping the books and went off with them to the back room, leaving Jongdae at the desk.

--

It was nearing 9 PM when Jongdae heard the sound of his shared apartment door unlocked and opened. He immediately stood up from his sitting position and made a brisk walk towards the door.

“Jongdae, I’m home. Sorry I had to work later than I had expected, as its my turn to cook-” his words were cut off when a pair of thin lips touched his plump ones. They kissed for a few seconds before the taller male broke the kiss.

“I’m gay” Jongdae said in one breath, eyes looking straight into the other male’s dark brown eyes. His hand was holding Minseok’s waist, as if afraid that he would leave any moment.

“hi, I’m Minseok” he jokingly said with a chuckle

“no. I’m gay. For you”

“.…..since when?”

“since you started coming to my house every week- no. As cheesy as it sounds, I like you since the day we met at the book fair.. and I couldn’t be happier with the fact that I could live with you and.. I wanna say it loud and clear” he then held the shorter male’s hand. “Kim Minseok. I love you”

“wow.. that's cheesy” Minseok giggled “but still, if that's the case” the shorter male then leaned for a kiss, which the other male gladly did the same thing.

As they kiss, Jongdae could now relate to those girls that would always kiss their crushes under cherry blossom trees. Except, in his case, it was under their apartment ceiling, and he was not kissing his crush.

He was kissing his roommate. The love of his life.

Mid making out, Jongdae lifted Minseok and carried him to their shared bed. He placed him down and lied down on the bed next to him, before cuddling him as if they’ve done it for a long time.

“from now on, I don’t want you to deny the cute pet names I use to call you every morning” Jongdae chuckled

“yeah yeah, whatever..” Minseok too chuckled

“but Kyungsoo told me that a guy kissed you on the cheek..” Jongdae pouted

“Who? Joonmyeon? Pfft, he’s my cousin, Jongdae. He grew up in Europe, and he said its kinda common there to kiss your relatives on the cheek. Not that I check though” he giggled

“well, that's a relief..” Jongdae gave the other male a kiss on the forehead “hey, you know what?”

“what?”

“since we’re room mates.. and we’re in a room..”

“yeah?”

“lets mate” Jongdae suggested with a smirk, which got him a palm in his face from the smaller male

“screw you, I’m taking a bath” he chuckled as he pried himself away from his now boyfriend. Jongdae just laughed and stuck his tongue out.

Jongdae watched as Minseok stood up and walked to the bathroom

“Minseok?” he called out. A smile plastered on his face.

“yeah?”

“i love you”

“same here, Dae”

--

A/N: I'M NOT DED PEOPLE. NOT YET. SO YEAH, THIS FLUFFY CRAP WAS ACTUALLY GOING TO BE POSTED IN THE DRABBLE DUMB, but i thought it would be better for it to be a standalone fic?? i don't know. I'll possibly update the dump with another pairing tho, so yeah. hope you enjoyed this and leave a comment if you like because it'll make me the happiest person on earth. See ya next time your beautiful people~ 

-exobabypao99