SHOWNU [HER POV]

BROKEN HEART [MONSTA X FF]

BROKEN HEART

MONSTA X

[SHOWNU]

 

[HER POV]

You’ve probably erased me by now

You’ve probably moved on from the past

But in my memories it’s only your face that whispered to me

 

When I was little, I cried because other kids steal my doll but there you came, you’re that ‘knight in shining teddy bear’. “Don’t cry. Here, you can have Mr. Teddy” you said with a toothy smile. Everyday became a play day for me. Everyday you’ll be there to play with me. And since then, as a playmate – I had you.

Growing up, there’s just too much changes around us. My parents, they fought each day. Our own house doesn’t feel like home anymore. Even school isn’t making any difference. At night, I will lock myself into the four corners of my room – crying. And then I’ll hear you knocking on my window. Sometimes you’ll be a listener to my stories, my fears and my worries. But sometimes, when words aren’t enough for me to express what I feel, you’ll be that shoulder that I can lean on. And since then, as a friend – I had you.

Indeed, we can never choose who to fall inlove with. And there I was, the girl who fell inlove with her childhood playmate. The girl who fell inlove with her best friend. But I held all my feelings inside thinking that it may affect the friendship that we both built. The sight of your smile? I’m holding onto them each day even though I know that I’m not the reason behind them. And since then, as a woman – I fell inlove with you.

 

I can’t experience those memories again

The precious times when I was inlove with you

 

But I realized that I’ve been holding onto the fake reality of us. And so I distanced myself from you and tried to seek happiness from other people. But then life taught me something – that I can’t seek happiness from others without even finding the source for my own happiness. And when I asked myself, the answer is you – the answer was you.

 

But you’re still in my memories

I’m holding onto them so I won’t forget

 

The memories of us – they’re as beautiful as a rose. And just like a rose with thorns, our memories causes pain. That whenever I’ll try to remember them, I’ll always feel this pang of pain. But still, I don’t want to forget them. Instead I want to remind myself that once in my life they happened. Those memories of us exist and I don’t want bury them deep within.

 

I need to forget you

Even though it’s hard to admit it myself

 

But you’re no longer the man that I fell inlove with and I’m no longer the woman that fell for you. These days, I keep hearing unfamiliar voices and they’re telling me that I need to forget you. And to my surprise, I’ve never once thought that I’ll be able to feel it – the need to forget you.