SHOWNU [HIS POV]

BROKEN HEART [MONSTA X FF]

BROKEN HEART

MONSTA X

[SHOWNU]

[HIM]

 

I need to forget you

Even though it’s hard to admit it myself

 

My mind? They’ve been telling me the exact same thing, “forget her and you’ll be free”. But my heart never once stayed silent, “how can you forget her if she’s all that you need?”

Yesterday I was your playmate.

Today I am your friend.

Tomorrow I’ll be your man.

All along I thought I could be him – the man you’ll fall inlove with. I guess, I really am that ‘knight’ who’ll save you, but I will never be that prince who’ll have you.

 

But you’re still in my memories

I’m holding onto them so I won’t forget

 

Yet a knight like me continued to dream. And in my dreams the memories of you? They exist. That moment when you let me inside of your world, listening to your stories. That moment when you leaned on my shoulders when words aren’t enough to express what you feel. I questioned life as to why can’t I forget those memories. But then I realized it was me who chose to keep them. In the first place, I never wanted to forget – for they are the remnants of you.

 

I can’t experience those memories again

The precious times when I was inlove with you

 

You’re smile alone made me feel unworldly things.. How I wanted to thank the person behind it. And just when I’ve mustered all my courage – when I’m man enough to tell you what I feel, that’s when you started to fade away. You faded away from my sight and soon, you left me behind.

 

You’ve probably erased me by now

You’ve probably moved on from the past

But in my memories it’s only your face that whispered to me

 

You’re probably living happily with your prince. You’ve probably forgot the knight that I used to be. But here inside my memory, you have your own sanctuary. A labyrinth that starts and ends with my memory of you. And I never once thought I could let go of them – will I ever be able to let go of them? How I wish I could feel the need to forget you. But I guess with this weary heart of mine, I’ll never have the chance to.