New Beginning

Puzzle pieces

“ Ms Kim ? “ Juyeon bend down and smiled . “ Yes Yeri-ah ? “ Yeri pouted and kicked the imaginary dust on the floor . “ Here . “ The little girl held out a strawberry . Juyeon smiled and gently took it from her . “ Thank you Yeri , why are you giving me this ? I thought strawberry is your favourite ? “ Yeri nodded . “ It is, but you looked sad Ms Kim so I wanted to cheer you up . “ Juyeon went still . Slowly , she gave Yeri a smile and patted her head . “ Thanks Yeri-ah , I’ll enjoy the strawberry . “ Yeri beamed and kissed her cheek before waving and left the room with her mother . Once she was gone , Juyeon sighed and plopped down to the floor . The last few days had been stressing for her , with Jinyoung showing up and what Mark had said . He remembers . She spent the days , trying to figure out what to do and juggling with work , her stress grew and she was worried that Eunho would notice .
 
Eunho is with his grandparents fortunately , they missed him so much that they demand that he stayed over for a couple days and Juyeon could need the space to think . She loves her son , but she doesn’t want him to see her like this . Sighing , Juyeon got up and started to clean up the day-care with the help of the other workers . “ Hey Juyeon , how about you go home early ? I’ll clean up . “ Min , one of the teachers said and Juyeon smiled . “ Really ? Thanks a lot Min . “ Min smiled and shake her head . “ Honestly ? You look like you need it . Go home and rest . “ She shooed her and Juyeon laughed , picking up her bag and walking out of the day-care . Just as she was about to get to her car , “ Juyeon “ She froze , recognizing the voice . “ Juyeon-ah “
 
Juyeon bit her lips and slowly turned around . Jinyoung stood there , few steps away from the door of the day-care . He was more casual now , his usual slacks and a striped shirt , hair styled slightly . Juyeon stood still from where she stood and Jinyoung took a few steps forward . She had to control herself not to fling herself at him , she wants to do it so badly but she stopped herself . More like the past memory stopped her . He noticed her hesitation and she watched as his eyes turned sad . “ Jinyoung . “ His eyes snapped up to hers , oh how much he missed her voice . How much he missed her when he was back at the states . He was so sorry that he forgot about her , forgot everything they did together . He had wanted to stay behind when his parents had decided to move to America but his parents were stern so he followed . How his heart ached when he left , him not knowing why but somewhere in the back of his mind , his heart he knew it was because of her .
 
“ Can we talk ? “ Jinyoung asked , arms still by his sides . Juyeon noticed how stiff he was , and was reluctant . “ Please ? “ However his voice stated otherwise , she could hear the desperation in his voice like back when they were 19 and had a big fight . He remembers . She nodded and she watched again as his eyes brightened and his arms relaxed . Jinyoung pointed to the cafe behind her and she nodded . Jinyoung took a few steps forwards till he was right in front of her by a step . Juyeon tilt her head up and noticed he was very close to her . Just then she remembered how on their first date , they had gone to a cafe as well and when they crossed the street- “ Oh . “ Jinyoung smiled and oh how much she missed his smile . Unconsciously , her hand reached up and touched his smile line , those cat like lines that she missed so much . She traced those lines with every ounce of gentleness she could muster . Jinyoung smiled and leaned a little into her touch . That’s when she snapped back into reality and she quickly pulled her hand back . “ You do remember . “ Juyeon whispered .
-
“ Hey “ Juyeon smiled and waved at Jinyoung . He smiled and waited for her to come closer . “ Hi Juyeon . “ She smiled and pointed at the cafe . “ That one right ? “ He nodded and took a step closer to her . Juyeon’s eyes widened as he came so close to her that there was only a few centimetres between them . Jinyoung just smiled and nodded behind her and softly turned her around and nudged her to walk.
 
They crossed the street to the cafe in comfortable silence , he always one step behind her . When they reached the cafe , Juyeon stopped him before he could enter . “ Why didn’t you walk beside me ? “ JInyoung chuckled and taped her cheek . “ I was making sure that your skirt wasn’t flying . “
-
Juyeon’s eyes watered slightly at the thought that he remembered everything , including from their first date . Jinyoung smiled and nodded behind her , before softly turning her around and nudging her . Sniffing softly , Juyeon walked ahead and she could feel his presence right behind her as they walked to the cafe . They went into the cafe and lined up to place their order . “ If you don’t mind I didn’t really want to talk here . “ He said and Juyeon turn to look at him . “ Then why-“ “ It’s cold . We’re getting hot chocolate . “ Juyeon slowly nodded and turn to look around the cafe . She flinched when something touched her hand and she looked up to see Jinyoung staring at her . She looked down and saw his fingers intertwined with hers . She look up again and he continue to stare at her as he slowly envelope her hand with his . Her heart pounded against her chest .
-
Juyeon hummed as she looked around the cafe , lining up with Jinyoung to place their order . “ Why don’t you go get us a seat ? “ Juyeon shake her head and smiled at Jinyoung . “ It’s okay , I actually want to go to the park . “ Jinyoung raise a brow . “ The park ? Why didn’t you want to meet at the park then ? “ Juyeon smirked and shrugged . “ It’s cold , we could warm up with the drinks . “ Jinyoung just smiled and shake his head , his face clearly reads amusement .
 
Juyeon continued to hum to the song playing in the cafe that she didn’t realised him inching closer to her . She flinched when she felt something touch her hand and then she look down to see Jinyoung’s hand . Slowly she looked up at him and stare into his eyes . He smiled and slowly intertwined their hands together and pulled her closer to him . She could feel her cheeks get warmer and he chuckled , tapping her cheeks again .
-
Juyeon took in a deep breath and Jinyoung smiled before looking ahead . Juyeon wondered if she should be holding hands with him in the first place but the familiar feeling of his hand against hers , she didn’t ever want to let go of that hand again . They soon reached the counter and she was about to state her order when- “ One classic hot chocolate and one caramel hot chocolate please . “ Juyeon stare at him as her heart fluttered . Jinyoung paid for their drinks and brought them to the waiting area . She tugged on his hand and Jinyoung’s heart tightened with the familiar feeling of her hand against his . The familiar moment where she always tug on his hand or anything on his body to get his attention . He turn to look at her and noticed that her eyes were sparkling like they used to be , not as bright but slowly . He smiled at the thought and slowly leaned in to kiss her forehead .
 
Juyeon blinked , her heart pounding furiously against her chest and she looked up to see his cat lines again . “ I missed that . “ She blinked a few tears away again but then she felt his thumb on her cheek . Jinyoung frowned , he was mad at himself . “ I keep making you cry huh ? “ He sounded really sad and disappointed in himself . “ It’s not your fault . “ Jinyoung softened , his warm hand not once leaving her face and she really missed this moment . The bell rang and Jinyoung looked up and let go of her hand . Juyeon frowned and reached out to hold his hand again but stopped herself . He turn around with both their drinks in his hands and he handed hers . She smiled and nodded before taking a sip. “ Hmm . “ Jinyoung smiled and nodded at the door . “ Let’s go . “ She didn’t even need to ask him where they were going .
--
“ Hey Jin ! Look at me ! “ Jinyoung looked up and gasped , quickly standing up and made his way to his overly hyper girlfriend . “ Yah ! Kim Juyeon ! Get down here ! “ Juyeon giggled and shook her head . “ Nope ! “ Jinyoung huffed and crossed his arms , staring up at his girlfriend who managed to climb her way up the slide and now sat on top of the tube-slide , at the very top . “ You’re going to fall Juyeon ! Get down here ! “ Juyeon giggled at the look on her boyfriend’s face . “ It’s really nice up here Jinyoungie ~ The air up here is nicer ! “ Jinyoung glared at her and she sighed giving up . “ Okay fine but you have to catch me ! “
 
Jinyoung’s eyes widened . “ What ?! Hey don’t jump ! “ Juyeon didn’t listen and slowly she stood up. Jinyoung cursed and quickly walked closer to the slide , under Juyeon . “ Juyeon please . “ She shook her head and smiled . “ I trust you Jin . “Then , she let herself fall forward and in seconds she was caught in his arms . She opened her eyes and was met with the angry glare of Jinyoung . She smiled and moved herself in his arms so that she was hugging him like a koala , with her legs around his waist . “ See you caught me . “ She whispered and gave him a peck . Jinyoung stopped frowning but his eyes say that he was still mad . “ Don’t you remember about the time you climbed a tree and fell ? You broke your arm ! “
 
Juyeon sighed and cupped his cheeks . “ It was two years ago Nyoung , I’m more careful now . “ He sighed and plopped down on the ground . Juyeon yelped as she bounced on him . He suppressed a groan and unwrap his arms around to lean back . “ You’re lucky it’s dark . You’d be reported for dangerous act . “ Juyeon smiled and tilted her head .” You would bail me out wouldn’t you ? “ Jinyoung snorted and looked away . She then pecked him on the lips and he smiled , anger fading away . “ I love you Jin . “ He smiled and tucked a stray hair behind her ear . “ I love you Juyeon . “ She smiled and they leaned it together for a sweet kiss .
--
“ You sat there , at the top .” Juyeon turn to look at Jinyoung . She still could feel her heart pounding in her chest . The fact that he’s back , he remembers , makes her feel all sorts of emotions at one time that it’s overwhelming . “ Do you remember everything ? “ Jinyoung smiled grimly before shaking his head . “ I don’t remember graduation . I have the picture but I don’t remember it . “ Juyeon bit her lips , her arm was already stretched out , reaching to pat his back but she pulled back her hands . “ I only remember some memories , some full and some in bits and pieces . “ He continued , sipping on his hot chocolate . Juyeon sighed and looked around the playground . “ We used to come here for picnics . “ This time he turned to look at her .
 
“ That was our tree over there . “ She pointed at a tree slightly bigger than the others , right next to a pond . “ We didn’t carve right ? “ Juyeon chuckled and shake her head . “ We wanted to , but then thought it was too cheesy so we didn’t . “ Jinyoung smiled and nodded , agreeing that he wasn’t that type of person to do so . “ About Eunho . “ Juyeon turn to look at him . Jinyoung was staring at his cup , eyebrows furrowed with a frown on his face . “ He....did I forget about him too ? “ Juyeon softened and shake her head . “ I found him outside my door a few days after “ Jinyoung sighed in relief . “ So I didn’t forget him . “ Juyeon turn to look around the park , noticing little children chasing each other , their parents watching over them .
 
“ Can we ever go back ? “ Juyeon froze , her hands freezing on her cup . Slowly , she turn to look at him and he was staring back at her , eyes determined and pleading . “ I want to . “ Her eyes started to fill with tears . Jinyoung slowly took her hand in his , rubbing his thumbs on the back of her hand . “ I-I might not remember everything , but I do remember that I loved you very much and I still do . “ Juyeon bit her lips and stared down at their intertwined hands . “ Hey , look at me . “ He tilt her head up and gave her a soft , teary smile . “ When I went to America , I couldn’t forget you . How you looked back at the hospital room . My heart ached when I remembered your face , even in the room . I didn’t realized that I loved you when I found the videos in my phone ."
 
Juyeon chuckled , remembering those videos . “ Everytime I watched the videos , I could see that I loved you very much , my heart broke . I remembered the first time we kissed . “ Juyeon laughed then , shaking her head . Jinyoung chuckled . “ Yea , that was some kiss . “ Juyeon bit her lips and lifted her hand to cup his face and he leaned into it . “ It took some time to finalize things before I came back but when I did , I wanted to go see you right after I landed . “ Juyeon inhaled shakily , inhaling his usual cologne and oh how it soothed her . “ Why didn’t you ? “ Jinyoung bit his lips . “ I forgot where you lived . “ Juyeon broke into a laugh , shaking her head and tears strolling down her cheeks .
 
Jinyoung smiled and wiped her tears away , kissing her cheeks . Her face was warm from the kisses . “ So I decided to go their office the next day , to catch up and know where you lived and ... then you came . “ Juyeon looked up at him and saw tears filled his eyes . Slowly she wiped them away and he smiled kissing her fingers . “ I know that we can’t get back to where we were , but I really want to try . I missed you so much and my heart ached to be back with you , even if it sounds cheesy .” Juyeon bit the inside of her cheeks . “ I-I ... “ His eyes shined with both tears and hope , and oh his eyes were like how they used to be and that reassured her . “ O-okay “ Jinyoung smiled brightly with his beautiful whiskers and breathed a ‘thank you’ . “ We’ll do it slowly okay ? “ Juyeon said and he nodded and kissed her forehead . “ I love you so much and I’m so sorry for these past years . “ Juyeon smiled and nodded . I love you too .
--
A year later
 
“ Appa ! Appa wake up !! “ Jinyoung groaned and buried his face into the pillow . “Appa ! Come on ! Eomma’s making breakfast ! “ Jinyoung sighed and looked at Eunho , who was grinning from ear to ear . “ Fine give Appa time to go shower Eunho-ah . “ Eunho giggled before scurrying out to the kitchen . Jinyoung sighed , rolling onto his back and stared at the ceiling . He couldn’t believe that he would get married so soon , just thinking of taking things slow considering past situation but here he was ring on his finger and happily married with Juyeon and a 5 year old son . He snickered and shake his head knowing full well that it was partially his fault that they got married so soon .
 
After his shower , he padded his way to the kitchen and his stomach growled smelling the sweet scent of pancakes and coffee . He groaned and quickly made his way just to smile at the view . Juyeon had her back facing him , busy flipping the last batch of pancakes and Eunho humming away to the song coming from the radio . Quietly , he tip-toed to his wife and hugged her from the back . Juyeon gasped . “Hey you scared me ! “ Jinyoung chuckled and kissed her cheek . “ Good morning . “ Juyeon smiled and kissed his cheek . “ Good morning . “ Jinyoung smiled and rubbed her protruding stomach . “ Morning baby . “ When he felt movement he grinned . “ Appa ! You’re coming today right ? With eomma ? “ Eunho asked , jumping in his seat . “Jinyoung laughed and kissed his head . “ Of course I’ll come why wouldn’t I ? “
Eunho beamed and cheered . Jinyoung smiled and looked up when Juyeon placed more pancakes on the table . “ Breakfast is ready . “ Jinyoung sighed and pulled her to him . “ I thought I told you that you don’t have to make breakfast anymore . “ Juyoen shrugged . “ I know but I was bored of not doing anything and I saw the kitchen I just had to . “ Juyeon grinned and bumped her hips at his head . Jinyoung chuckled and nodded , kissing her belly . She was always so hard-headed . “ I know , just not too much okay . “ Juyeon beamed and pecked his lips . “ Aye aye sir . “ She sat down and started on her own breakfast . Jinyoung smiled and sighed in content . He’s finally back with the love of his life and with the addition of Eunho and the little one coming soon , he can finally say that he’s life could not get any better .

Doneeeeeeeee .

Finally done , I've been busy with college so I didn't get to finsih them on time . Hope you guys enjoy ~