This Star

Puzzle pieces

“ Thank you Ms Kim ! “

“ Bye Bye Ms Kim ! “

“ See you tomorrow Ms Kim ! “

Juyeon smiled and waved at the kids leaving with their parents . She sighed , satisfied with today’s routine and went back into the classroom , picking up the kids toys . Working in a day-care could be really frustrating sometimes , with the kids running around all the time and shouting for her attention but it was all worth it in the end . “ Eomma , can we go now ? “ Juyeon smiled and chuckled , bending towards his height . “ Yes , you just have to help me lock up , then we can go eat at that pizza restaurant you wanted so badly . “

Eunho cheered and quickly pack up his things as fast as a 4 year old can . Juyeon smiled softly at her son and patted his head . Once they were ready , they locked up the day-care and made their way to the pizza place . “ Pizza !!! “ Eunho squealed and ran ahead of Juyeon , startling her . “ Yah Kim Eunho ! “ She quickly ran after her son and then panted when she found him already standing in front of the restaurant , beaming at her . “ Eomma ! Eomma ! We’re here ! “ Juyeon sighed and shake her head . “ You little rascal , next time wait for me okay ? “ Eunho giggled and nodded his head , holding his hand up . She smiled and held his hand as they walk into the restaurant .

“ Hi welcome ! Table for two ? “ The waitress greeted and Juyeon smiled nodding her head . “ Yes ! Two please ! “ Eunho cutely said and held up two fingers . Both the waitress and Juyeon laughed and the former showed them to their table . “ Take your time to order- “ “ It’s okay ! Can we have the Hawaiian pizza please ! And two sprite ! Eomma doesn’t like me drinking coke . “ Eunho said and beamed up at the waitress . The waitress couldn’t resist his cuteness and cooed at him before taking their order . “ Eunho-yah , next time wait till people finish their sentences okay ? “ Eunho sheepishly smiled and nodded .

Juyeon smiled and looked around the place . It’s been so long since she came here that she almost forgot the place . The last time she was here , she was with-

“ Hey Juyeon-ah , want to eat pizza today ? “

“ Wow Jin , this is really good ! “

“ We’ll come here next time okay ? “

“ Of course oppa ! “

“ Eomma ! “ Juyeon jerked and turned to look at her son who was pouting at her . “ Sorry Eunho , what were you saying ? “ “ Your phone was ringing eomma . “ She glanced down at her phone and realised that indeed her phone is ringing . “ Hello ? “ “ Yah , I called you two times already . “ Juyeon rolled her eyes and looked at her son . “ Uncle Jaebum . “ Eunho giggled and shrugged .

“ What is it oppa ? “

“ What are you doing ? “

“ I’m with Eunho eating pizza . “

“ Pizza ? Where ? The boys want to meet up . “ Of course they do , not one missed day .

“ Indiana . “ “ There ? The one you went with Jinyoung ? “ Juyeon froze and bit her lips . “ , sorry Juyeon-ah-“ “ Yea here , Eunho wanted the pizza from here . “ “ Okay we’ll be there in 15 . “

Jaebum hung up and Juyeon sighed , her hands clenching and the memories flashed in her mind . “ Eomma ? “ Juyeon opened her eyes and saw Eunho staring at her , eyebrow’s pulled together and a pout on his lips . “ Yes Eunho-ah ? “ “ Are you okay mummy ? “ Eunho revert to English , their personal language and she gave him a small smile and a nod . “ I’m okay Eunho . “ Eunho knew his mother was lying but nodded , knowing she wouldn’t tell him anyways . He’s too smart for a 4 year old honestly . “ By the way , your uncles are coming . “ Eunho brightened . “ Really ?! Yeayyyy ! “

--

“ I’d never thought that you would come back here . “ Juyeon glared at Mark , glancing at Eunho and was relieved to see Eunho was occupied with both Jackson and Youngjae . “ He wanted this pizza . “ Mark continue to stare at her , giving her the I-don’t-believe-you look . Juyeon sighed . “ It’s been 4 years Mark . “ “ Exactly “ She looked at him . This time , his eyes were soft with a hint of sadness . “ We all miss him , especially you . “ Juyeon bit her lips and looked away , trying not to recall the past memories . “ I can’t forget , and that hurts the most . “ Mark patted her head . “ At least you have him . “ He nodded at Eunho and Juyeon smiled .

She could never imagine what her life would be like without him . The first day she held him in her arms , she knew she could never let him go . The first time he opened his eyes and stared at her with a smile on his lips , her heart swelled . “ I know . “ Eunho noticed her looking at him and he beamed . Juyeon watched as the boys played with Eunho and played with him , her heart swelling with happiness . But she knows , that there was a hole in her heart , one that could never be repaired . Mark was right . Without Eunho , she didn’t know what would’ve happen to her after that day .

--


“ Guys ! “ Juyeon ran to the boys in front of the operating room , panting and with tears in her eyes . Mark reached her first and she clutched his jacket . “ What happened ? “ She whispered , clogged with nervousness . “ A drunk driver . “ His eyes were filled with panic and worry , understandable since he’s best friend is in there . “ How long ? “ “ It’s been three hours . “ Jaebum answered this time , eyes not moving from the door . Juyeon sobbed , hands coming to cover her face . Just then the door opened and the doctor came out . Everyone went to him .

“ Family of Park Jinyoung ? “ Jabeum went forward . “ His parents are overseas , we’re his friends . The doctor nodded . “ He suffered brain haemorrhage but he’s stable now . “ Everyone visibly relaxed , the youngest rubbing his tears away . “ We’ll move him into a room and wait for him to wake up . Does his parents know about his condition ? “ Jaebum nodded and the doctor bowed before moving back in . Just then , nurses wheeled Jinyoung out and the others chocked , seeing his battered face and bandaged head . Juyeon sobbed in relief , both her cousin and Jackson comforting her .

-

Juyeon gulped as she stood in front of the door , her hands forming into a fist . She could hear the boys talking inside and her heart pounded in her chest . Slowly she opened the door , and the talking stopped . She stepped inside and looked up , seeing him staring right back at her , but she could see something different in his eyes . Juyeon smiled and walked up to the side of the bed and grabbed his hand . “ You scared me you idiot . “ Jinyoung continued to stare at her and that’s when she knew something was wrong . “ Do I know you ? “

--

Juyeon woke with a gasp , her hands coming to her chest . She could feel her heart pound and she sobbed , the memories much too painful for her . For days , she would go visit him so that he would remember her . But he only remembered the boys , his childhood friends and that he was 15 still in high school . They met only when they were 18 and he lost all of that . 4 years of memories gone with the wind . In the end , his parents moved to America for their business and he went with them . Abandoning their 4 year relationship just like that . She hid herself in her apartment , their apartment , depressed . Not even the boys could coax her out of her room .

For days she cried , missing him , crying for him to come back . But he never did . Juyeon never went out , only showered and ate less but other than that ? She locked herself in her room , staring at their pictures and home videos of them together . The boys were worried about her . A miracle happened . It was a rare day , she was on the couch watching the home videos with the thunderstorm outside when the doorbell rang . She ignored it , thinking it was the boys again when she heard the cry . Juyeon froze , hands stilling over the box of tissues . Slowly , she got up and approached the door , staring into the peephole and no one was there .

She heard the cry again and she swung the door opened and there he was , little Eunho in his two month old self , in a basket and wrapped poorly with a thin blanket crying his lungs out . She picked him up from the basket and held him close to her , his cries slowly dying . That was when her life changed , the day Eunho saved her from depression and took her mind of him . She could never forget Jinyoung . Never . He haunt her memories , and she still kept their pictures and videos stashed in a box hidden in her closet . She tried dating ,but it failed terribly . Hundred of times . Reasons because of Eunho , and one main reason . He NEVER left her heart and she hated herself for that . Hated herself that she still remember him , still dreams of him , longing for him , wearing his sweater that still had his smell even after years . Sometimes the memories were too much for her that she drowned herself in alcohol , always after Eunho was asleep . Sometimes she would open the stash and watch the home videos again . She knows , that she could never stop loving him , and that scared her a lot .

--

It was an off day , so she thought that she would bring the boys lunch and Eunho missed them and was begging to go see his ‘favourite’ uncles . It was nice that the boys opened a business together , and they were so successful that their building was expanded and it even reached internationally known , with the boys having to go for business trips overseas . She was proud of them and Eunho couldn’t be even more happier with the expensive toys and Disneyland trips . Juyeon thinks that the boys should start dating already but they always said they were too busy , or the right lady did not arrive yet .

“ I can’t wait to surprise Uncles ! “ Eunho jumped around , swinging his mother’s arm back and forth . “ Now , you can’t just barge into their office okay ? You have to knock first . “ “ Are they still working eomma ? “ Eunho tilted his head and tugged on her arm . Juyeon laughed and pinched his cheeks . “ Yes they are , so we should knock okay ? “ “ Yes ma’am ! “ He playfully saluted and then burst into a fit of giggles . Juyeon laughed and they soon entered the building . Some employees bowed and waved at them , they being very familiar as the bosses friend and son . They went on the elevator and soon reached the floor where the boys are at . A few other employees greeted them and Eunho happily waved back , making the employees coo at him . Eunho ran ahead to the boys office/meeting room , for a short time while their offices are renovated .

Juyeon smiled as Eunho kept to his word and knocked before the entering and practically the whole floor heard him shout ‘uncles’ . She stepped closer to the door but then Yugyeom came out , with a look of panic on his face and when he saw her , his eyes widened and he held his hands out , blocking her from entering . “ Yugyeom ? What’s wrong ? “ She frowned . “ Haha , you see , we’re about to move down ourselves so you don’t have to trouble yourself to come in so let’s go ? “ Juyeon frowned even more and crossed . “ Yugyeom , I’m a mom . So I know very well when someone is lying . “ Yugyeom gulped and shake his head . “ No nuna , but we really are going down soon- “ “ Eomma ! “ Juyeon perked up as she heard Eunho and she gave Yugyeom one stern look before pushing past him and entered the room . Oh how she ever regret not following Yugyeom .

Juyeon looked around the room and noticed that all of them looked nervous and kept glancing at one another . “ Seriously what is going around here ? “ “ Eomma ! “ Just then Eunho ran to her and demanded for her to pick him up . “ Eunho ? “ She asked as she carried him and he looked straight ahead and she looked up , freezing in place . Jinyoung stood in front of her , his hair parted and slicked in place , in a grey suit . His eyes soft as he gazed at her and something unreadable in them as he stared at the both of them . “ Juyeon . “ His deep voice caught her off guard and she gasped , taking a step back from Eunho , arms tightening around him . Tears filled her eyes as she continue to stare at him , memories flashing before her eyes . She didn’t even realized when Eunho was taken from her but one minute she was standing there in the office , and then the next she was running past them and to the stairs .

She sobbed , her arms wrapped around herself as she slid down the wall , her own walls crumbling down . Memories flashing in her head and she cried , for all the time she couldn’t , all the time she missed him , calling for him to come back . Arms wrapped around her , her nose inhaling Mark’s cologne . “ Shhh. “ She cried even more , Mark hugging her brought her to reality . That HE was really here , back here . Still beautiful but still so far away .

--

Juyeon sat there on the bench of the rooftop . Her mind rewinding back to the time she saw him again , in the meeting room . He still looked good , handsome and beautiful , in that goddamned suit and his hair . He looked older but he still looked the same , the same Jinyoung whom she love , the same man who broke her . “ He arrived last night . “ Juyeon ignored him , trying to calm herself down . “ Eunho ? “ Mark sighed . “ He’s with them . “ Them . Means he’s with Jinyoung too . Juyeon sighed and covered her face . “ He remembers . “ She looked at him and his eyes soften at her state . He could see that she was confused , scared , happy , sad , broken . “ He remembers Yeon . “ He remembers . Juyeon turned away and closed her eyes , her hands forming a fist , tears escaping again .

“ What do you want me to do ? “ She whispered , defeated . She looked up at Mark , trying her best not to break down again . “ Mark , what do I do ? I don’t know if I- “ Juyeon bit her lips , arms coming around herself again , a habit she picked up ever since that day . “ What do you want ? “ His question hit a sore spot in her and she whimpered . She didn’t know what to do . She wanted him , yes . She wanted to hug him , kiss him , feel him . But at the same time she wants to stay away , the memories too painful , and she has Eunho now . She knew what she wanted . She wants him so badly but she’s afraid . Afraid that once she held him , he would disappear again . And she doesn’t know if she could handle that anymore . “ I want him . “

Mark looked at her . “ I want him Mark , I really do . I miss him so much that it hurts . But I’m scared . “ He turns his head away , staring at the figure behind the glass door right behind them . He stares at Jinyoung , who stared at her , quietly listening . His own fresh tears rolling down . “ I’m scared that he would disappear again . And I-I don’t know if I could handle it again . “ She sobbed , breaking down again for the second time . Mark never looked away from Jinyoung , who now is in the same position as Juyeon , covering his mouth to block the sounds as he cried for the things he had done , for the memories he had lost , for his fear , that maybe he was too late . Mark could see . He always saw , from the day the two met . He saw the way the two looked at each other the first day they met , their eyes showed intense chemistry . He never really did believe in love at first sight . But the way the two looked at each other , he could see that it was real . Their love was so real , that it shocked him . And he could still see it , their longing for each other . That’s how he knows , that Jinyong is back for good . And that he would do anything to get her back ,