The auction

Subjugated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hesitantly, I pull the curtain back ever so slightly, just to get a visual of the audience before the auction begins. Right now it's so black out there that the only parts of them l can see are their glowing eyes radiating a soft reddish-gold glow. There are millions of eyes, so beautiful and yet so terrifying it makes me want to either look away quickly or get lost in them.
"Jimin-ah!" my friend Jenny grips my arm, trying to yank me back. "What are you doIng?"

"They aren't even looking J." I say dismissively. "We may as well know what we are up against"

"Vampires see everything." Jenny sets her jaw grimly "And we already know what we are up against. We are getting purchased today, Jimin. Like it or not."

"I can still hope."

"Please, spare me. The auctioneers have been saving us for the past couple of months specifically for this acton. These vampires are filthy rich. They can afford the high prices. Besides, if we aren't sold, we'll probably get killed."

"That's unlikely. We're valuable. If the rich vampires don't want us the poor ones will, though I'd rather be killed personally." I shuddered. "At least the rich can afford to feed their slaves."
Jenny didn't contradict me as the auctioneer instructed us to get into our places.

"Lining up babies! We're on in five minutes!"

Nervously, I yank at the hem ot my slinky white dress, trying to pull it down farther over my legs. The demate slaves are always given skimpy outfits to wear, in order to show off their assets, the boys, instead, have to crossdress. All around me girls are dressed in scanty skirts and dresses, their s pushed up and over the neckines of their gowns, their feet rammed into heels. Tapping my number to my stomach, I stumble, tripping over my own heels, half falling forward into my place.

"Careful." A girl named Jessica places a work worn hand on my arm to steady me. She is dressed in a sheer green thing that in her stomach and molds around her curves. I smile wordlessly while we march single file onto the stage, getting in our row to be introduced to the audence.
Afterwards, we will each be brought out one by one and the vampires shall place their bids.

"Curtain opening in sixty seconds, babies." The main auctioneer whispers, watching me evenness of our rows with a critical eye before testing his microphone.
I look back at Jenny, who is two rows behind me.
She mouths 'good luck'; her smile both a goodbye and an encouragement. 
With so many possible masters out there bidding for us, the odds of having the same buyer is pretty slim, which means that unless neither of us is purchased, we probably won't see one another again for a long while, and even then it won't be the same.

"Park Jimin, turn back around. Curtain opening in 5 4 3 2 1"

I hold my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter