Take me with you

Shades of Seokjin

Note : A bit of sequal from my first OS 'Big big world', but this is in Jungkook's POV. English is not my first language so I apologise for any grammartical mistake and confusion. 
OTP : Kookjin
Genre : Oneshot, Angst, A bit of historical based, major charactors death, female! Jin
 


 

If Jungkook knew that the love of his life would be gone for good, he would never let go of those dainty hands which he loved to hold dearly. He would never ask for a break up if that meant to be his last time to see her in person, her teardrop always stuck in his mind to shatter his heart into pieces, why he was so stupid…

 

The male guzzled another glass of liquor while sitting alone in the bar, hearing people speaking English which he barely comprehended especially in an intoxicated state like this. He’s in Los Angeles right now, in the foreign place for the first time of his life, and he was supposed to meet his ex-girlfriend with one of her acquaintance who was also his mutual friend. Jungkook had planned everything, to surprise her and to ask for her forgiveness for what he’d done to hurt her in the past. However, he could only keep on dreaming after facing the bad news.

 

Kim Sejin passed away in the plane crash on the way to Los Angeles along with the other passengers, pilots, and hijackers. The flight which supposed to reach California was turned back to New York City instead before ending up in the sabotage of World Trade Center, none of the hostage was alive to confide about the incident. It became the big headline on every tabloids, not only in the U.S. but all over the world.

 

While pouring liquor into his glass, tear seemed to brim at the corners of his eyes before Jungkook wept again without caring about anyone in his surrounding. Could everything be a nightmare that once he woke up, it would all be vanished? This was too much, Jungkook couldn’t accept the reality that he could never see Sejin again ever.

 

It took Jungkook a year to acknowledge where Sejin actually was, after he finally became his own self and pushed away his parents’ inheritance and prestige, ignoring the insults for being an ungrateful child and the argument with his fiancee when he chose Sejin over her. After all, the male only engaged to that girl for the sake of his family’s business which was supposed to be his ceased older brother’s place. A car accident had already snatched his brother away before his age was eligible for inheritance, that’s why all the expectation from his parent was on Jungkook’s shoulder for many years.

 

Yet, Jungkook was a mere human, not a machine. Fame and glittering gold was nothing comparing to Kim Sejin, she was the only light in his darkness, the only warmth for his cold isolated soul. She was able the only one to crack the wall which Jungkook built up and got inside his heart, to see his insecurity and loneliness. Her smile and sparkling eyes brightened the world up like sunshine.

 

No matter how difficult to find her again, he would be willing to do anything even if he needed to go to underworld to retrieve her back. Jungkook would rather die not to have Sejin by his side, he was willing to be a spirit if he could descend her in anywhere she may go.

 

After finishing with the rest of his drink, the young male stood up on his feet with such a difficulty, his eyes were blurry and his head was spinning by intoxication yet he still stumbled aimlessly out from the bar to street bathing in neon light. Part of him still hoped that Sejin was merging in the crowd of people, her beauty was illuminating it wouldn’t be so hard to find her, wasn’t it?

 

“Hey pretty boy,you look so blue. Wanna have some fun tonight?” Suddenly there’s a girl in her skimpy tank top and jeans scooted closer in seductive manner, Jungkook could smell a cheap perfume from her and he failed at keeping his expression hidden by cringing his nose to her in disgust. “Back off you skunk.” He cursed at the stranger in English, not wanting anyone to touch him and whatnot, her perfume only made him feeling nauseous. His action riled the female stranger up pretty well and without his knowing, she contacted a group of men to track on Jungkook on the way till the Korean male was alone in a dark alley. By the time Jungkook noticed that some people had been trailing behind him, it’s too late to escape, he’s trapped in the circle of those men.

 

There’s no words exchanged between the victim and the perpetrators, only a noise of agony resonated in the silence of dark alley and a few thud, Jungkook was stabbed right into his stomach after he’s abused by fists and feet before he was abandoned with a blood gushing wound, those men had even stolen his belongings away before they left him alone. The young male heaved a sigh but could only feel pain running through his body especially his abdomen, feeling cold and bizarre, he was too wrecked beyond repair physically and mentally.

 

And suddenly, a soft dry laughter escaped from Jungkook’s chap lips.

 

Even in his last breath, Jungkook still recalled how he first met Kim Sejin, how they found out their common interests, and how they keep in touch with each other by writing about things on diary and put it in one of their lockers; quotes, poems, or short scribbles out of mind as Sejin couldn’t use telephone so often and both of them didn’t want their parents or anyone in his cycle to find out their relationship. Jeon Jungkook was from elite family meanwhile Sejin was the opposite, no elite hanged out with the outcasts and that was like a rule of society.

 

Suddenly a picture of his loved appeared in front of him, Kim Sejin, in her white dress and her long raven hair reflecting the moonlight. A gentle smile on her face was always beautiful in his opinion. Whether it was reality or a form of hallucination, the girl he had been longing for was eventually here, Jungkook would never let her go again this time.

 

"Sejin..wait for me. Take me with you."