Big Big world

Shades of Seokjin

OTP : Kookjin
Note : Inspired by the song 'Big big world' by Emilia.
Genre : One shot, Angst, Historical based, Female! Jin


 

I'm a big big girl

in a big big world

It's not a big big thing if you leave me

but I do do feel that

I do do will miss you much

miss you much...

 

The cassette player was rewinding her favourite song in the tape over and over again while the young lady isolated herself from her surrounding.

 

It’s not the first time for Kim Sejin to travel alone by flight even though she disliked the discomfort from the small space of economy seat. Her seatmate was an old lady who immediately knocked out since the plane started to take off, approximately an hour prior. The only activity the nineteen years old lady did enjoyed during her flight was to watch outside the small boxy window admiring the big fluffy cluster of white clouds trailing in the endless clear blue sky, a gentle smile was drawn on her mellow feature while she was leaning her head against the wall which separated her from reverie. It’s such a wonder that every places in this world could be connected by the sky, this big big world.

 

As the same as her heart which always rewinded back to where all the good memories were left behind, and to a person whose her heart belong to…

 

Kim Sejin had been studying in a small college in Boston for almost a year already without flying back to her home country at all, she determined with herself not to go back to South Korea until her graduation and not minding whether both of her parents would be able to celebrate her academic success with her or not. Asides from her struggle with culture shock and language barrier, Sejin was trying her best to acquaint with solitude as if it’s also one of her friends.

 

It’s supposed to be a piece of cake, Sejin thought, but her heart kept betraying her every time her mind was flooded with memories of her lost love. The coldness always reminded her of the familiar warmth of that embrace, those strong arms that were full of affection and security, but she would never ever have it again.

 

‘How are you now, Jungkook? Will you be fine without me?’ It’s series of questions that Sejin never received any answer, not that she dared to contact him anyway. They used to date since highschool time but she’s no good comparing to him, Sejin was merely a girl from middle class family unlike Jungkook who was the heir of Jeon enterprise, Jungkook was the one who asked for break up after his parents didn’t approve their relationship and Sejin was left in vain. She also found about his engagement after a week later. However, despite of her young age and little experience of love, Jeon Jungkook was definitely her true love so her yearning for him was uncontrollable, the girl remembered herself crying her heart out for god know how long before she decided to leave South Korea to study abroad. Luckily that her parents agreed to send her to Boston despite their struggling to earn some money for her education. During a year in different country, Sejin never bothered her parents to transfer money to her, she studied and worked on several part time job for her living… and of course for this plane ticket as well.

 

To distract herself from her old memory, she looked down at her passport which she attached her plane ticket inside then glancing over her watch.

 

‘September 11th, 2001. United Airlines flight 175…’ Her destination was Los Angeles, Sejin was flying to the other state to visit one of her friends and to spend her summer break near the coast and cool sea. She took a morning flight so she could reach LA in a few hours later and a few minutes delayed didn’t even bother her as much as how Jungkook kept bothering her mentally.

 

She could only hope that she would be able to forget Jungkook and moved on with her life sooner or later. One day, she might be able to meet him again and no longer feeling heartache.

 

Her attention was suddenly shifted toward a group of five men that making noises with firearms and moved from the back rows of the plane toward the cockpit. Scream could be heard everywhere…

 



A/N: Very short one shot