To Unbreakable Bonds

Welcome to Hall 17
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oppa, are you sure you really want to do this?" Sophia asked in a small voice. She was walking beside him while carrying a box that was labeled "Hansol's goods".

"Of course! It's like a huge step towards adultery," Hansol excitedly answered. His little sister cringed at his words and shook her head.

"I think the word is 'adulthood' not adultery." Sophia glanced at Hansol and silently prayed to God for her kind of slow brother's safety. They reached the entrance of Hansol's new dorm and Sophia reluctantly bid her brother goodbye.

When Hansol took five minutes to locate where the doorbell was, Sophia left with a heavy heart.

"I hope my brother's new roommate is someone sensible and patient. Hansol oppa will surely get lost on a daily basis," Sophia grumbled, earning a laugh from her mom.

XOXO

Hansol waited at his new dorm's lobby and distracted himself with mobile games. He saw some people come and go. They looked happy, laughing at each other and sharing jokes, Hansol felt even more excited at the idea of living with people his age.

He loves his family, there's no question in that, but they can be quite protective of him, especially Sophia. This was his time to finally spread his wings and make unbreakable bonds.

"Hey, are you Hansol Vernon Chwe?" Someone asked from behind. Hansol turned and was met with a soft smile and gentle eyes.

The man who Hansol was currently gaping at (he  looks so mature) took his stunned silence as a yes and beamed.

"Great! I'm Jisoo although I would recommend the name Joshua. There are some people here who shares my name, you see," Joshua introduced. "I am your new Hall Monitor. Pleased to meet you."

Hansol stood up and offered a hand for Joshua to shake. The latter accepted immediately.

"You... Look foreign. Are you a half?" Joshua asked after they entered the elevator. In his arms was the box Sophia previously carried. "Sorry if that sounded a bit rude. I'm just curious."

"Oh, it's fine." Hansol waved him off before continuing, "Yeah, I'm half American. My mom's from the States and I was born there as well. New York baby here."

Joshua laughed at that. "You're not the only one. LA baby here too, up top!"

The two shared a high five before settling into a comfortable silence. Hansol was glad to know someone from his home country (even if he has no recollection of it whatsoever). 

They finally arrived at the fifth floor and when the elevator doors finally opened, the first thing Hansol saw was a man running around chasing a guy with said man's clothes.

"GOD DAMN YOU, SOONYOUNG! FOR 'S SAKE, GIVE ME MY CLOTHES!!" Screamed the man. 'Soonyoung' merely cackled.

"IN YOUR DREAMS, WONWOO! THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR PLACING A ING MOUSE TRAP ON MY ING BED, !!"

Hansol heard Joshua sigh as he calmly walked over the bickering duo. He placed Hansol's box on top of a table before pulling Wonwoo and Soonyoung's ears.

"Guys," Joshua said in a scarily firm voice, "our new hallmate is here so better behave now. Soonyoung, give Wonwoo his clothes and Wonwoo, I will talk to you later."

When Soonyoung looked like he was about to complain, Joshua shot him a very forced smile that signal's the end. Soonyoung begrudgingly gave Wonwoo his clothes back and walk towards what Hansol figured to be his room. Wonwoo followed Soonyoung's example and walked, more like limped, towards his room as well.

Just like that, the hall was quiet again. Joshua turned back at Hansol with a smile that the latter was now scared of.

"So sorry about that. Some of our hallmates here are quite the troublemakers. They are good people though, just extremely annoying."

Hansol nodded and decided that Joshua was easily the scariest guy in his new hall.

XOXO

Hansol spoke too soon. After Joshua dropped him off with a promise of a tour (Hansol paled a bit at that), a small man entered his room and started to rummage into Hansol's roommate's drawer.

"Hey," Hansol greeted first, "are you my roommate?"

The small man scanned Hansol up and down before snickering. "As if."

Hansol awkwardly laughed. "Yeah, I mean how could you be. You're probably still in high school or something. You're too short."

Hansol's back was turned so he didn't see the small man snap. 

"What did you just say?" The small man asked icily. Hansol felt the shift in his mood so he looked at the small guy before raising a brow.

He almost got hit by a flying pencil. The small guy was glaring at him with the forces of hell and Hansol recoiled a bit. He almost got hit by a ing pencil.

Is he one of the troublemakers Joshua told him about? God, Hansol's luck was horrible today.

Hansol felt like he was about to die (which since he still wanted to continue his dreams of making unbreakable bonds), luckily he didn't. 

The room's door opened as the small demon raised another pencil.

"Hey, new guy. Joshu— God dammit, Jihoon." The new guy, who looked hella handsome, just gave the small gremlin a dry look before plucking the pencil from his tiny, evil hands.

"Stop butting in, Mingyu," Jihoon harshly whispered but Mingyu just ignored him.

"Yeah, yeah, you smurf. Get outta here, I'm here for this guy." After kicking Mingyu hard on the , Jihoon left. Hansol finally released a stressed out sigh he was holding.

Mingyu massaged his using his hand before offering the same hand for Hansol to shake. Hansol knew he was slow at times but he was very much thankful that he's not as bad as this guy.

"Name's Mingyu, if you wanna know." Hansol tentatively accepted the handshake (whilst descreetly wiping his dirtied hand with his pants) and introduce himself.

"Hansol Vernon Chwe, the new guy." Mingyu grinned and placed an arm around Hansol's shoulders. He was about to say something but he was cut off by his own sneeze.

"Thank God that finally came out. Been waiting forever," Mingyu said in relief. Hansol widened his eyes as he politely lifted Mingyu's arm around him.

If these people were the ones Hansol was gonna form unbreakable ties with, he hopes their bond is as strong as a twig. He really hopes so.

"Anyways, back to the topic." Mingyu faced Hansol and smiled. What a waste of a handsome face. Hansol felt bad for the guy's future wife and allowed Mingyu to continue.

"Joshua said to call you. Hall meeting at..." He glanced at his watch. "Oh , now actually."

He grabbed Hansol by the wrist and dragged him outside. Hansol was hyperaware that the hand currently on his wrist was the same h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter