Chapter 3

Blurred Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The next morning, Sooyoung wakes up a little later than she used to since she didn't need to be at school until 10. She slowly ate her breakfast. Mrs. Park greets his daughter and leaves when Sooyoung takes a shower.

 

"Ms. Park" one of the maids knocks on her door. "Mrs. Park left a note for you."

 

"Just a minute." Sooyoung finishes dressing up and walks towards the door. "Thank you Chona."

 

She reads the note:

 

"Yook Sungjae stopped by and asked for you guys to go to school together. It's fine with me since you won't be alone. I asked Charlie to prepare your bicycle and he will still be watching over you."

 

Sooyoung suddenly hears their doorbell ring and the muffled voice of a boy downstairs. She double checks herself on the mirror and grabs her bag to meet him downstairs.

 

"Ready to go?" Sungjae smiles immediately when he sees Sooyoung in her jeans and tank top with a plaid shirt over it.

 

"Just about to." Sooyoung smiles back then heads towards her sleeping sister and kisses her on the forehead. "See you later Hwayoung – ah. Let's go."

 

Sooyoung looks excitedly at her bike while Charlie remains to be unseen. Sungjae waits for her to get on her bike and they speed off to school.

 

"It's been awhile since I rode on my bike! I miss the air whipping past my face!" Sooyoung exclaims happily. Sungjae can't help but look at the girl smiling and her hair flying in the wind.

 

"Last one there will buy Bingsu!" Sungjae speeds of in front of Sooyoung.

 

The girl starts to pedal faster. "You better be careful who you challenge around here Yook Sungjae!"

 

The girl reaches the school first with an exhilarated look on her face; she looks at Sungjae who is panting very hard.

 

"I told you to be careful." Sooyoung locks her bike. "Chocolate bingsu later." She waits for the boy to finish locking up his own bike.

 

"I had no idea you can pedal that fast." Sungjae is still catching his breath. "It's the first time I ever lost to anyone in riding a bicycle."

 

Sooyoung giggles. "Hey, can I ask you something?" she suddenly thoughts of something. "Does anyone else know that you're also the one of the heir of Primr6se?"

 

"Only the teachers know too." Sungjae answers when they reach the lockers.

 

"Not even Kwangmin and Youngmin?" she closes her locker and waits for Sungjae again.

 

The boy closes his locker too and they resume in walking towards the school auditorium. "I don't really reveal that information about me unless I am asked about it." The girl nods understandingly. 

 

Sungjae and Sooyoung arrive at the auditorium with their class's eyes on them. Every fan girl of Sungjae is looking menacingly at her, while Hana and the twins look surprised.

 

"Later." Sooyoung says to Hana with finality since she sees the curiosity in her friend's eyes.

 

Sooyoung takes a glance at Sungjae and his friends who seem to be teasing him too and he glances at the girl as well. They smile at each other when their eyes meet.

 

Every class adviser starts to call their student's names one by one. And their homeroom teacher goes last. Everyone else already left the auditorium except for Sooyoung, Hana, Sungjae, Kwangmin and Youngmin. Their homeroom teacher approaches them.

 

"Just like what it looks like, you will be training in the same company." The teacher begins. "Now, I know that you value your confidentiality Sooyoung and Sungjae. However, I believe that it is only right for you to tell your fellow trainees that truth because you will be taking internship at Primr6se Company."

 

The twins' eyes look like they're gonna come out of their sockets. "Really?" they say at the same time. "The famous animation company? Cool!" they exclaim.

 

Their teacher nods at the two. "I will leave you now so you can discuss this further. You may go now."

 

Hana links her arms with her friends, her face filled with worry. But to her surprise, Sooyoung looks calm; she's even smiling at her.

 

"Everything is okay Hana. We'll explain." Sooyoung tells her. "Do you guys wanna go eat ice cream? You owe me chocolate bingsu Sungjae."

 

With Sooyoung and Sungjae in the lead, they go in an ice cream shop that is recommended by the twins. The boys order for the girls, much to their delight.

 

"They're so nice." Hana squeals when Sungjae and the twins left the booth to order.

 

Sooyoung nods. "I know. I never thought those three are so nice. They just look like trouble makers to me."

 

"They do not!" Hana defends. "They're cute and funny and nice..."

 

"Are you really defending all of them or just Jo Kwangmin?" Sooyoung teases.

 

"Ya Park Sooyoung! Shut your mouth before they hear you." Hana sees the three boys return with food in their trays.

 

"Did we miss anything?" Youngmin eyes the two girls.

 

Sooyoung shakes her head. "Just two girls gossiping about other people."

 

The boys take a seat. Sungjae sits beside Sooyoung, then Youngmin and then Kwangmin.

 

"So, what was our homeroom teacher talking about earlier?" Kwangmin opens the topic.

 

Sooyoung looks at Sungjae and the boy nods at her encouragingly. "Well, as you know my whole name is Park Sooyoung, right?" the twins nod she could hear the gears in their brain making the connection since they were told already what company they would be training at. "I'm the daughter of Park Kangta."

 

"You're the daughter of the CEO of Primr6se?!" Kwangmin exclaims. Sooyoung nods at him.

 

"But isn't he..." Sungjae nudges Youngmin before he could finish his sentence. "Right... sorry. Please continue."

 

"No one but my family and another family knows that my father isn't the only CEO of the company. My father and his best friend built the company from scratch but his best friend chose to remain a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter