Chapter 2

Blurred Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Sooyoung wakes up a little earlier than usual. She suddenly hears her mother’s voice talking to someone. When she got out of her room, she sees two women, who look like they’re in late twenties, in maid outfit.

“Oh, she’s awake. Sooyoung – ah, come here. Let me introduce you.” Mrs. Park calls out for her.

 

Sooyoung sleepily makes her way to the living room and sees Hwayoung on her high chair in the kitchen making a mess with her food.

“Chona, Hyemi, this is my eldest daughter, Sooyoung. Sooyoung, these are the helpers that I told you about.”

“Good morning Chona, Hyemi.” Sooyoung greets the two ladies.

“Good morning Ms. Park.” The two chorus.

“I’ll go ahead and get ready for school mom.” Mrs. Park nods at Sooyoung and the girl returns to her room.

 

Sooyoung takes longer than she normally does in getting ready. She doesn’t know why but she wants to look pretty even just for today and this does not go unnoticed by her mother.

“You look pretty dear.” Mrs. Park beams at her daughter, looking at Sooyoung’s normally straight hair curled at the bottom part.

Sooyoung blushes. “Thanks mom.”

“Did something happen?”

“Just decided to mix things up. Has Charlie arrive yet?” Sooyoung packs up her things.

“Mr. Charlie arrived ten minutes ago Ms. Chan. Let me carry your things to the car.” Hyemi offers her help.

“Oh no. I can manage this. Thank you Hyemi.” Yoonseo walks to Hwayoung and kisses her forehead. “I’ll see you later Young – ah.” And then to her mother. “I’ll go now Mom.”

 

Mrs. Chan kisses her daughter and sees her off. Charlie opens the door for Yoonseo and drives fast in traffic – free road. They arrive at school with a lot of time to spare.

 

Since it’s still early, everyone is outside playing and spending some time with their friends. Yoonseo arrives at her homeroom class and the only person inside is Yook Sungjae.

“Good morning Sungjae.” Yoonseo greets him.

Sungjae can’t help but stare at the girl. There is something different. There is something different about her but he can’t point it out. “G-good morning Sooyoung.”

 

Sooyoung takes out a book as soon as she got to her seat. Sungjae wants to talk to her but couldn’t bring himself to do so.

 

All throughout the first half of the day, Sungjae keeps on shifting his gaze to the long – haired girl in front of him. He didn’t know why but he finds her interesting, like a mystery. It wasn’t until the lunch bell rang that his gaze finally tears away from Sooyoung.

“Let’s go get our lunch Sungjae.” The twins put their arms over his shoulder.

He nods and grins. “Last one there is gonna pay for my meal.” He then breaks out of their holds and runs as fast as he could towards the cafeteria.

“YA! YOOK SUNGJAE!” the twins run after him too.

 

Sooyoung is now finishing packing up her things with Hana waiting by her side.

“Let’s go?” Sooyoung stands up as well.

Hana follows her. “I hope we can sit next to Kwangmin again.” She squeals quietly.

“Quiet down.” Sooyoung tries to calm her friend down. “If his fan girls hear you, you’re dead.”

 

The same as always Hana goes straight in line while Sooyoung looks for spot for them.

“Sooyoung!” she sees Kwangmin waving his arms.

Sooyoung looks around to see if he’s talking to anyone else. “Me?” she points to herself. Kwangmin nods and she slowly approaches their table.

“Why don’t you join us today again?” Youngmin offers.

The girl could feel the killer looks that the girls are giving her. “I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“Don’t you want to sit with us?” Sooyoung looks at Sungjae. There’s something in his voice and a look in his eyes that made Sooyoung feel guilty and warm at the same time.

“It’s not that I don’t want to.”

Sungjae taps the vacant seat next to him. “Well then, take a seat.” His expression changes into a cheerful one. Sooyoung couldn’t do anything but sit next to Sungjae.

“Wow, two days in a row. What luck guys!” Hana takes a seat between Sooyoung and Kwangmin. “By the way, what did you write yesterday from the internship?”

“Youngmin and I want to focus on sketching for manhwas and animation.” Kwangmin answers. “How ‘bout you Hana?”

“I’ve always been curious in dubbings so I put in Voice production yesterday.”

“Cool!” Youngmin says in awe. “What about you two, Sungjae and Sooyoung?”

“Writing?” the two says at the same time. They look at each other and their ears both turn red.

“I – uh – want to write novel someday so I figured I’d try writing plays or scenes first.” Sooyoung says while trying to cover her reddened face with her hair.

Sungjae can’t look at anyone in their table so his attention is on his food. “I want to write scripts for animes.”

 

They continue their lunch in silence once more. When Sooyoung finished her lunch, this time Hana offers to accompany her.

“Oh my god!” Hana whispers excitedly. “Those three are so cute!”

“Quiet your voice down Hana.” Sooyoung scolds her friend.

Hana nudges the girl. “I can’t help but notice but you and Sungjae looks so good together.” She teases.

“What are you saying?” Sooyoung scoffs. “That is just not true.”

Hana grins. “Well, why are you blushing then?”

Sooyoung doesn’t answer and just gets her things from the locker.

 

No incident happens while they are walking back to their room but when they took a glance at Sooyoung's place. Someone has poured chalk dust all over her dusk. Kara and her friends are laughing loudly.

“Now your seat looks as disgusting as you are now. What a perfect pair.” Kara sneers. Sungjae and the twins have returned to their room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter