First Argument

I'll be Your Mama, Sweetheart

"Jungkook-ah, they need your answer now..." 

Jeon Jungkook always had control over his life. He liked to be in control. He cherished routine and consistency in every aspect of his life. And having to make sudden, quick decision like he had to do right now made him anxious and angry. It was even worse when the decision was about Haru. Everyone who was close to the serious photographer knew that Haru was Jungkook Achilles' Heel. The cold and mysterious Jeon Jungkook was nothing but a fool in front of his daughter. His head was throbbing as he listened to his friend's words. 

"Jungkook... the doctor is seriously killing me right now with her laser eyes..." One could hear slight fear in Park Jimin's whispering voice at the other end of the line.

"Can they wait until I arrive?" Jungkook said desperately into the phone.

He was taken aback when he heard a feminine voice instead of Jimin's. "I'm sorry to interrupt, Mr. Jeon but the longer we wait to do the test, the higher the risk is for your daughter, and from what I know, flights from and to Jeju Island are currently postponed because of the storm."

Jungkook opened his mouth to argue with whoever that was currently talking to him but nothing reasonable came out because she was right. But prideful Jungkook wasn't going down with a fight even when he knew he was just being immature and unreasonable.

"She's my daughter so you have to wait for me and she is a strong girl so she sure can get well on her own." 

Jungkook hated himself for sounding like selfish, stupid parent right now.

On the other end, Lily was clenching her fist as she tried to calm her anger. From her reaction, Jimin mentally groaned because he somehow got the feeling that the hardheaded Jungkook had said something stupid because that man child always need to win in everything.

"But Mr. Jeon, meningitis is a very serious infection. Without quick and proper treatment, Haru's life could be in danger," Lily tried to explain to the man as calmly as her frustrated self could.

Jeon Jungkook, stop being immature and think about Haru! "Like I said, whatever it is must wait until I arrive at the hospital." Jungkook mentally berated himself for blurting those words out loud.

With that comment, whatever professionalism that left inside Lily was thrown outside the window. "Listen here, you egoistic bastard. Your daughter is currently fighting for her life while you're talking rubbish right now. I don't know what's your problem but can you stop being stupid and act like you actually care about your daughter?"

"But I'm her father! I know what's best for-" Jungkook's words were cut short by Lily's calm but cold tone. "Yes or no, Mr. Jeon?"

Jungkook gulped. "Can it wait? I just want to be there myself to see how Haru is doing."

Lily was almost at her boiling point. This was one of the situations that she hated most; parents who think whatever they did were good for their kids when it was not and didn't want to accept others' opinions who happened to actually have valid knowledge about those things. 

"Mr. Jeon, Haru's condition might be stable right now but we need to do the test quickly so we can give the right treatment as soon as possible to prevent the infection from getting worse. The test will be carried out by our specialist and with our latest equipment, it is a safe and low risk procedure."

Lily could hear a long sigh from the call. "Five hours. I already got the ticket and the weather is getting better."

That's the final straw. "I swear to God Mr. Jeon, if anything happens to Haru because you're being an father right now, I'll hunt and kill you with my own hands," Lily said spitefully before she could control herself. She passed the phone back to Jimin and furiously walked away.

"Jungkook... "

"Hyung, sign the consent form for me," Jungkook replied with a strained voice before he hung up.

Jeon Jungkook might be hardheaded but he was going to slowly find out that a pissed off Lily Han Areum was not his match. They both would get what they want but Jungkook would very soon learn that Lily would get what she wanted from him and he would let her have it her way in a heartbeat.