decisions, decisions, decisions

losing and finding

Taeyeon was over the moon that Tiffany had said yes to her proposal, she hasn’t stopped smiling ever since that night, the feeling of happiness just wouldn’t leave her body, nor did she want it to. Everything was coming along perfectly, every piece of the puzzle finding its rightful place.

Their family and friends were delighted about them taking this very important step, especially Taeyeon’s mother, who didn’t waste a second to give them a list of wedding planners.

Now, even though the wedding wouldn’t take place for another 6 months, Tiffany decided to book an appointment with one of the women from the list Mrs. Kim gave them and get started with the planning. She wanted the day to be nothing but perfect.

Taeyeon of course didn’t have any objection, all she wanted was to make Tiffany happy, and she knew that having the most impeccable wedding would do just that. The blonde knew this was quite important for Tiffany, because it has been one of her dreams, “ever since she was a little girl” Mr. Hwang had said, the perfect wedding, with the perfect person, and she never got to have that. She knows she’s far from being perfect, but every day she tries her best to be the best person for Tiffany and their kids, because they deserve nothing less.

 

And here she was, sitting in a restaurant with Tiffany by her side and the wedding planner in front of them, with an iPad in hand.

“So, for the venues, do you have anything in mind?’’

Tiffany turns to Taeyeon who nods her head and smiles, encouraging her to speak.

“We’ve decided on an open space for the ceremony, maybe a garden?’’ the brunette says somewhat shyly.

“Very well, since this is going to be a spring wedding, a garden is a great choice’’ the woman smiles at the couple before typing away on her device.

“That’s what we thought’’ Taeyeon grins at her fiancée, making the other girl’s heart flutter at the expression on the blonde’s face.

“And what about the reception? Some gardens offer spaces for those as well, but if you have anything in mind for it, we can look for that separately’’

“Well, we haven’t really discussed about it, but I think we can check out the ones at the gardens, so we don’t have to move a lot’’ Tiffany suggests, turning her gaze to Taeyeon and see what she thinks.

“I think that’s a good idea, definitely practical’’ the blonde nods in agreement, her business persona making a slip.

“Alright, I’ll start looking for places and I will give you a call when I find one, if you’re busy I can send you pics, but if you’re not, we can set up a tour, is that okay with you?’’

“That’s perfect, thank you so much Bora, we couldn’t really do this without your help’’ Tiffany stands up and gives the woman a hug. Taeyeon raises from her seat as well and expresses her gratitude through a firm handshake, making Tiffany chuckle.

“I’m just glad you chose me, it’s truly an honor’’ the woman places a hand over her chest and bows at the couple.

They exchange goodbyes and the couple drive back to their house, where their children are sure to be waiting.

 

 

It takes Bora almost a month and a dozen visits with the couple to find a place that met all their expectations. The moment the pair laid eyes on the location, they knew this was it. The flowers and huge trees that served as natural decoration took their breath away. And to top it all off, it offered a beautiful ballroom with a glass ceiling that allowed you to behold the sky.

They book the place in no time and set the date, March 27th. Exactly on their one year anniversary.

 

 

“Taeyeon-ah, what do you think about these color palettes for the wedding?’’ Tiffany asks excitedly over dinner.

“Oh, they’re great babe, whatever you want’’ the blonde smiles quickly and returns to her food. Tiffany’s smile disappears from her face instantly. She sighs. At first, Taeyeon was as excited as she was with the wedding, but as the days passed and Tiffany asked for her opinion on things, she just replied one thing: “whatever you want”. It made the brunette mad because it seemed that she didn’t care about the event at all. She felt tears forming in her eyes so she quickly stood up, startling the kids and Taeyeon and walked fast to the room she shared with her fiancée. Once inside, she slammed the door. Hard.

“Uh oh’’ Irene said, looking at Taeyeon.

“Yes baby girl, uh oh’’ Taeyeon said as she made her way to her room to find out what was troubling Tiffany.

 

“Fany? What’s wrong?’’ Taeyeon asks carefully as she steps into the bedroom, finding Tiffany lying on the bed, crying.

“It’s nothing, please go back to the dining room, I’ll be out in a sec’’ the brunette responds sniffing.

“Come on, I know it’s nothing, talk to me please’’ the blonde begs.

After a few moments of silence, Tiffany finally speaks up.

“Honestly Taeyeon, do you even care about the wedding? At all?’’

Taeyeon is shocked upon hearing the question, why did Tiffany think that?

“Where did you get that idea? Of course I do’’

“Then why every time that I ask your opinion on something you answer me like you don’t? I’m tired of listening to that ‘whatever you want’. I want to hear your ideas, to have your input’’ Tiffany says raising her voice, making Taeyeon flinch in her position.

“I just want it to be how you want it, I’m thinking about what you want’’

“And I appreciate that, but it’s not just me who’s getting married, this is your wedding too! And I would like to see you excited for it as well, it’s our day, Tae. Your opinion is important to, your wishes are important, especially to me. It means you care’’

“I’m sorry, Fany’’ Taeyeon bows her head, “I just thought you’d be happier if we did it however you want it. I’m sorry if I came across as uncaring. I don’t know much about these kinds of things so I didn’t want to be a bother. But believe me, this day is as important to me as it is to you. I want it to be perfect, as much as you do’’ the blonde smiles warmly as she takes the brunette into her arms.

“From now on, say something, okay?’’

“Yeah’’ the blonde kisses the top of her head, “we’re going to have our fairytale wedding’’.

 

 

The months passes by quickly, but the couple didn’t notice because they were so immersed in the wedding preparations. Bora was very patient with them, no matter how indecisive they were.

Tiffany had designers begging at her knees to let them do her wedding gown. The brunette met with a couple of them but in the end chose one who made her fall in love with the sketch of what would be her dress.

Taeyeon thought about a dress, but opted for a tuxedo instead. After all, she felt more comfortable in one. She got it custom-made from one of the finest tailors in the world.

All ten bridesmaids, their friends and sisters, had their dresses ready. Pink, of course. And the three best men, yes plural, because Taeyeon couldn’t just choose one, had their suits made. The kids, who had a special task in the ceremony, also had their attires ready, and everyone couldn’t wait to see them in action.

Soon enough, everything was ready, colors, decoration, food and drinks, every single detail was sorted out.

Now all that they had to do was relax and wait patiently. But of course they couldn’t do that, because there was only a day left for the wedding.


short, but don't worry, next one is a long one! if you felt that there wasn't much detail, you'll definitely see that there:)

i get so happy reading your comments, thank y'all for your words.

if you like it, please don't hesitate do upvote, i won't get mad ;)

 

~~~summerstormz