stronger than ever pt. 2

losing and finding

let's end your suffering :P 


‘’What am I supposed to do?’’ asks a desperate Tiffany to her group of friends, ‘’should I respond? Should I meet him? Should I tell Taeyeon?’’ she looks at each and every one of them for a response, but none utter a word, not knowing what to say. They just never expect for Tiffany to experience this situation.

‘’I say you meet him’’ Jessica says, breaking the silence that had been going on for 2 whole minutes.

All heads turn to her, ‘’what? Think about it. If she says no, he’ll probably keep pushing her to accept. And the least thing that Tiffany needs right now is that man in her life’’

‘’I guess that makes sense’’ Seohyun agrees

‘’And what about Taeyeon?’’ Yoona asks

‘’Don’t tell her anything’’ Sooyoung says, earning the surprised looks of the rest of the group. ‘’Do you really think she’ll be okay with it? With Tiffany being close to him?’’

‘’She won’t’’ Tiffany says, ‘’but things will be even worse if I hide this from her. I know it will’’

‘’Tiffany is right, hiding this form her will only damage their relationship’’ the youngest among them reasons out

‘’Then tell her, we just hope she doesn’t react too badly’’

‘’Whatever happens, you know we got your back, Steph’’ Jessica says with a sympathetic smile and a pat to her shoulder.

 

 

Taeyeon is ecstatic. Everything in her life seems to be going great as of late. She’s got the girl of her dreams living with her, and together they’re raising two amazing kids. With the deal she just made, it’s another big step in her professional career. She has amazing friends and family supporting her. What else could she possibly ask for?

She arrives home ready to share the big news with her girlfriend, but instead encounters an obscure atmosphere.

Tiffany is sitting in one of the living room couches, legs crossed and a glass of wine on her hand.

‘’Hey babe, you won’t guess what happened at work today’’ Taeyeon greets her, still excited. But upon not seeing a very positive reaction from the girl in front of her, her excitement disappears.

‘’What’s wrong?’’ she asks preoccupied.

Tiffany doesn’t say anything and instead hands her mobile phone, with an open email on the screen. The blonde reads it once, twice, three and even four times. But still, she doesn’t get it.

‘’What’s this, Fany?’’ the blonde is confused, and the brunette finally decides to open , but what comes out are not words, but a sigh.

‘’He’s back, Taeyeon.’’

‘’Who?’’ the blonde asks, still nowhere near understanding what’s going on.

‘’The father of the twins. The man who left me two years ago’’

Taeyeon visibly pales at that. She gulps and sets her jaw. Her expression turning from confused to angry within seconds.

‘’Wha-‘’ she stands up and starts pacing in front of Tiffany, ‘’how dare he? After all this time?’’

‘’Tae, please sit down’’ Tiffany says softly, all she wants is for Taeyeon to be calm so they can discuss this.

‘’No’’

‘’No?’’ Tiffany questions, confused.

‘’No, this can’t happen now, why now of all times?’’ she throws her head back and screams at the ceiling, ‘’What does he even want? You back? Custody of the kids? WHAT?!’’

‘’Taeyeon!’’ the brunette sternly says, ‘’sit down’’

The blonde obliges immediately, knowing full well that you do not want to mess with Tiffany when she’s mad.

‘’I just don’t get it, Fany-ah’’ she shakes her head, ‘’are you willing to meet him?’’

‘’I am’’

Taeyeon purses her lips and nods slowly, ‘’okay, when?’’

‘’Tomorrow. I want to get this over with as soon as posible’’

‘’Seems fair. Do you want me to go with you? As moral support? And maybe to kick his if the tries to do anything?’’ she jokes

‘’Don’t worry, love. I don’t think it will be needed, if he tries to do anything, I’ll kick his myself’’ she smiles and leans forward to press a tender kiss to Taeyeon’s lips, which leaves her dumbfounded.

‘’Thank you for being such an understanding girlfriend’’

‘‘I try my best’’ the blonde smiles sweetly and connects their lips once again, this time for a longer time.

 

 

Tiffany is driving to the café where she’s meeting Nichkhun, she was not going to lie, nerves were getting the best of her. She didn’t know what exactly to expect from this ‘meeting’.

Taeyeon had decided to take the day off and stay home with the kids, since she said she wouldn’t be able to focus at work knowing she was out meeting that man. Tiffany was reluctant to the idea of her missing work at first, but the blonde managed to convince her. And the kids were delighted to spend the day with her.

As she entered the place, she scanned the place to search for the man, and she quickly found him at the back of the establishment, reading the newspaper. She makes her way to the table and clears . He looks up and smiles widely. He looks the same as the last time she saw him.

‘’Tiffany’’ He stands up, ‘’thank you for accepting to meet me. Please take a seat’’

They both sit down awkwardly, not knowing what to say.

‘’You look great, I must say’’ he begins, a little shy.

‘’I don’t mean to be rude, Nichkhun, but let’s cut to the chase. Why are you here?’’

His expression saddens and he looks down, ‘’I just wanted to apologize. For leaving, for disappointing you, for being a coward’’

When Tiffany doesn’t say anything, he continues. ‘’I want you to know it wasn’t an easy decision for me, Tiff. Leaving you with the babies was the hardest and most stupid thing I’ve ever done’’ he moves one of his hands to grab Tiffany’s but upon noticing his intention, the latter moves hers away, which only makes his expression grow sower.

‘’Is that all? Is that why you called me here?’’ she asks in a cold tone.

‘’Haven’t you been wondering where I’ve been, or did you forget about me that fast’’

‘’Of course I wondered where you went, if you were still alive or not. I did. For almost a year after you left. But no one would tell me anything, you never reached out. What did you want me to do? Wait for you sitting by the door?’’

‘’It’s my fault, I know. But I wasn’t ready, Tiff. I was afraid I was going to screw our children up, and that they’d grow up to resent me’’

‘’And do you think I was ready, Nick?’’ she cries, more out of being angry than sad and all he can do is lower his head once again, like the coward he was. ‘’But I thought we could have worked it out. Together. Yet, you never gave us that chance. You never thought about that. You just took your things and walked out the door, leaving me and the children to our luck’’

He opens his mouth to speak but Tiffany is not done yet, ‘’do you know how many nights I cried after you left? How many nights I couldn’t sleep? How I kept hoping you’d return and we’d make up and be together again?’’ she laughs bitterly ‘’and to think I even thought of forgiving you and taking you in, how stupid was I’’

‘’Don’t say that, Tiffany. That’s why I’m back here’’ he says firmly and Tiffany looks at him with something akin to confusion in her eyes.

‘’What are you saying?’’

‘’I’m back to get back what I lost when I left. I want us to be that family that you were dreaming of’’

‘’What?! You have to be kidding me’’

‘’We can have all that you ever dreamed of. I want the kids and you to come back to Thailand with me. I have a great job in my dad’s company, you won’t even need to work, the kids can have everything they want and even more’’

At his words Tiffany suddenly stands up to leave, but not without warning him, ‘’Do you think you can show up at any time and I would still be waiting for you? That I’d say yes, leave all my family and friends and go with you?’’

‘’Well I-‘’

‘’No! I’m finally happy, I’m with someone whom I love, who the kids love. And who loves us just as much. And I would never trade the life I have to now, to go back to you. So please, leave me alone’’ and with that she turns around and leaves the place, leaving Nichkhun with an angry scowl on his face and a newfound determination.

 

 

‘’Ugh, I can’t believe that ’’ Tiffany comes yelling to their kitchen, gaining the attention from a cooking Taeyeon and from the children who were sitting in their highchairs playing with some toys.

‘’What did he do?’’ she asks, leaving her spot in front of the stove, the blonde notices the wet stains on her girlfriend’s cheek, ‘’Fany, what happened?’’

‘’You were right, he wanted me back’’ she cries onto the blonde’s shoulder

‘’What exactly did he say?’’

‘’He wanted me and the kids to go with him, so we could finally be a family’’ she snorts, not believing those ridiculous words came out of his mouth.

‘’What did you say to him?’’

‘’I told him to stay away, that we were happy. And that there was no way in hell I would leave what I have now for him’’

‘’That’s my girl. Please tell me you also kicked his ’’ the blonde tries to joke, and it successfully makes the brunette chuckle.

‘’Now I regret not doing it’’

They laugh softly and join their foreheads, closing their eyes.

‘’Tae’’ Tiffany whispers, receiving a hum from the blonde, ‘’thank you for being in my life’’

The couple’s moment is interrupted by some giggles coming from near them.

‘’Alright. In our life’’

 

Tiffany is going about her day as usual, until she receives an email. She checks her account, thinking it’s from a client, when she notices it’s once again from Nichkhun. She thinks about deleting it without reading it first, but curiosity gets the best of her and she opens it. Her jaw hanging open at the words.

I didn’t want to do this, Tiffany. But since you leave me no other choice, I’m fighting for custody of the kids. My lawyer will be in touch, see you in court.

-Nick.

She can’t believe him, she thought she was going to be free of him after what was said the day before, but it seems life wants to keep messing with her. The brunette takes her car keys and drives to the only place she can think of in that moment.

 

 

After what had happened with Tiffany’s ex, Taeyeon is calmer. She’s currently waiting for Mr. Horvejkul to arrive so they can finally sign the contract and move onto their partnership.

The door opens and she sees him enter, an unreadable expression adorning his face.

‘’Nichkhun, good to see you again’’ she nods as she stands up and offers her hand for a handshake.

‘’I hope I didn’t make you wait for too long, there was some sudden business I had to attend’’

‘’Not at all’’

‘’Great. Now let’s get this deal formally closed’’ he smiles

They spend a few minutes going over some last-minute changes before each taking out a pen. She’s about to stamp her signature when the door bursts open, Tiffany entering with a murder look on her eyes.

‘’I’m sorry Ms. Kim. I told her you were busy with a very important client but she wouldn’t listen’’

‘’It’s okay, Hani. Please go back to your desk, I’ll handle this’’ the girl walks out the door and once it’s closed, Taeyeon addresses the brunette.

‘’What’s going on? I’m in the middle of a meeting’’

‘’He did it again’’ she grits her teeth, and upon hearing the voice, the other person inside the office turns his head around to look at the intruder.

‘’Tiffany?’’ he asks incredulously

‘’You!’’ she points a finger in his direction, ‘’How dare you?’’

‘’What are you doing here?’’ he asks, still confused by her presence

‘’You know him?’’ Taeyeon finally speaks

‘’Know him? He’s the one who’s been causing us headaches for the past couple of days’’

Taeyeon looks at him dead in the eye, ‘’It’s you? You’re the man who left Tiffany when she was pregnant?’’

He looks ashamed that the blonde knows about this, ‘’I didn’t know you were friends with her, Taeyeon-ssi’’

Before Taeyeon can answer, he notices a framed picture of her with Tiffany and the twins on her desk, suddenly getting it.

‘’Oh, I see’’ he nods, his mood turning angry, ‘’I see how it is now’’

‘’What did he do now, Tiffany?’’ Taeyeon asks, remembering the brunette came here for something.

‘’Why don’t we let him tell you, I’m sure he’s brave enough to do that’’ she crosses her arms over her chest.

He smiles widely, almost cynically, ‘’you know I’m here to get back what I lost, I told you that much two days ago. And I’m not leaving here without it’’

‘’Be clear, Horvejkul’’ she spits at the guy

‘’I’m fighting for the custody of the kids. I know getting Tiffany back is a lost cause, but my kids’’ Taeyeon clenches her fists at his words, ‘’no one can deny they’re mine’’ he accentuates the word, ‘’and I will take them back to Thailand with me’’ he says confidently.

Tiffany looks like she’s about to commit a homicide, she begins to walk closer to him, no doubt to strike him.

‘’Get out’’ it’s what Taeyeon says

‘’Excuse me?’’ he dares ask

‘’I said, get out. And forget about the deal’’ she takes the contract in her hands and rips it apart, earning a surprised reaction from the occupants in the room.

‘’Are you sure about that?’’ he smirks

‘’You heard what I said. Now get out before I throw you out myself’’

‘’You’re going to regret this, Kim’’ he sing-songs as he walks out.

Taeyeon throws a stapler at the door, which makes Tiffany flinch.

‘’He can’t do that, can he?’

The blonde’s expression suddenly changes to a softer one as he notices the worried tone of voice and look on her girlfriend’s face.

‘’I don’t know’’ she replies honestly, ‘’but I know the best lawyers, if he’s going to fight, so are we. He’s not going to take our kids away, I promise’’

She embraces the brunette in a hug and kisses her temple, hoping that with her words and actions, she can soothe her.

 

After what happened in her office, Taeyeon sent Tiffany home to rest. It has been an emotionally tired day for her.

She gives a call to her family’s lawyer to be ready for whatever Nichkhun is going to do, and also asks for discretion on the matter.

A couple of hours later, when she’s immersed in some documents, her father bursts through the door, startling her.

‘’What in the world did you do, Taeyeon?’’ the man speaks with wrath in his voice, ‘’I just got a call from Narin Horvejkul himself claiming that you told his son the deal was off. Is this true?’’

‘’Yes’’ she simply says

‘’Are you serious? Do you know what a deal with a company like that would mean?’’ are you perhaps out of your mind, child?’’ he yells at her

‘’Didn’t he tell you that his idiot son is the same coward who left Tiffany a few years ago? Or that he came back hoping to get her back and when she refused, he threatened to take custody of Kai and Irene?’’ the blonde yells with the same intensity, her face red in anger.

His father looks at her surprised by her words, and nods, ‘’very well’’. He takes out his phone from the front pocket of his suit and dials a number, unknown to Taeyeon.

He waits a few seconds before the person on the other line answers.

‘’Narin, yes. The deal is off. Please thank your son for it. Goodbye’’ and he hangs up. Taeyeon looks astonished by what her father just did.

‘’No one threatens my family. Well done, kid’’ the man gives her a playful slap on the arm and walks out of her office.

 

Two days later, Tiffany is hit with a notification from a courthouse to present herself in three days’ time. She sighs as she reads the notice and shows it to Taeyeon, who assures her not to worry.

In an attempt to get distracted, they decide to take the kids out to the park on Saturday. It’s been a while since they spent the day as a family. And with what had happened, they needed it now more than ever.

They’re enjoying themselves to the fullest. The couple running after the little firecrackers, laughing, having the time of their lives. Unbeknownst of the pair of eyes watching them from across the street.

Nichkhun’s heart broke even more at the sight of Taeyeon lifting Irene in her arms and kissing the face of the giggling girl, Tiffany watching with love clear in her eyes. He shook his head, he didn’t know what was happening to him, and he was never like this. He always prided himself in being a rational person, but what he was doing was everything but that. He resigned himself, at last. The only thing he was going to get out of this situation was making Tiffany and the kids unhappy. And he couldn’t deal with that.

 

 

The day Tiffany was supposed to go to court, she received yet another email from Nichkhun, this time, his intention was different.

I’m sorry for all I’ve put you through. I’m going away, this time forever. I’m dropping the custody battle.  I now see you and the kids are truly well. I wish you all a lifetime of happiness next to Taeyeon.

Take care, Tiff.

-Nick.

 

She didn’t think twice to tell Taeyeon the news, and the blonde was finally at peace, the situation getting the best of her too. She could finally breathe knowing there was no more obstacles between her and her family.

All she needed to do now was put her plan into action.

 


i hope yall have learnt your lesson and don't ask me to write drama ever again since i at it.

our taeyeon has some things to do, what could it be? 

 

thank u for the the upvotes, subs and comments.

 

let me know what you thought, hit the comment section!

 

~~~summerstormz