Ending

Rings and Their Meanings

Ending

Jimin is on a hallway at a hotel and he is walking. “Today is May 9. We are on another tour, but today is an in-between so we get to wander around for free.” He goes into the elevator as he continues, “I’m on my way to the basement parking, I had rented a car as planned. There is a store in this small town, where hopefully there won’t be any fans who will see me.” The elevators ding and he gets off the lift to find the car he rented all while murmuring where the car is.

“Tada!” She smiles while, he faced the camera showing the car he will be driving, and faced the camera back to him. “The car is really nice. Right?” He gets into the car and is humming for a few moments while he finds a place to set the camera. After setting the camera he seems to look to the camera again fixing his hair before he puts his cap back and then turning on the engine of the car. He is silent again while he moves out of the parking lot and seems to remember something suddenly when he stopped for a stoplight.

“Let’s face this in the road, this is important.” He says while he turns the camera to the road, and Jimin is not visible anymore. At this point, she is really lost at what Jimin is getting at here.

The screen continues to show the view of the road fast forwarded with a background instrumental music. And a few points on which and what direction Jimin is heading to. Then Jimin turns the camera back and he seems to be parking.

Once he finished parking he breathes out, “Finally!” and twists his body a few times and grabs the camera as he gets out of the car. The screen still shows his face but from a weird angle probably not wanting people to see him filming. A bell is heard as he seems to enter a store and he is in the store for quite a few minutes. His broken English can be heard and there seems to be a lady assisting his shopping. At this point, she doesn’t really know what she is supposed to be watching.

He then exits the store and gets back to the car. He again sets down the camera and looks into it.

“Guess what I bought?” He is now smiling a full blast stupid smile and then the screen is black again. Just when she is wondering what was happening somebody opened the door to the restroom connected to the room and she looked to her left to see Jimin smiling at her.

“What are you doing here?” That was how she greeted her ‘beloved’ boyfriend.

“I’m hurt.” Jimin said pouting.

“Huh?” She is still clueless on the situation.

“Come here.” He grabs her hand and drags her beside the two-person table. Now, standing face-to-face. Not letting go of her hand, he brushes his thumb against her hand.

“Care to explain?” She asks while trying to meet his eyes that are focused on their hands, finally impatient for being so clueless on what is going on.

“You heard what I said about the rings?”

She thinks back and guesses while squinting, “Something about me going away and coming back?”

“The rings remind me of every time you were away from me either for business or leisure trip.” She is quiet while he continues, “I know I’m always busy and also away a lot, but I miss you more when you are away from me.”

“Uhm… You’re being a little too cheesy here.” She comments and he laughs. And tugs on her hand and demands her, “Be serious.”

“Ok.” She answers smiling at all these, then silent letting him continue.

“I want more time of us together. And, with you and I going around the world so often, I don’t think at this point of our relationship, we are seeing each other enough anymore.”

“What do you mean by this point of our relationship?” She interrupts not being able to keep silent.

“You and me in separate houses.”

“You are not asking me to move in with you, right?” She asks her body shifting slightly away from him even though her hands are still in his.

He laughs and disagrees, “No, no, you are misunderstanding the situation here.”

“Good, because I don’t wanna die young by living in with an idol with lots of crazy fans.” She laughs nervously.

He heaves a sigh and makes a helpless smile at how clueless she is and where she is directing the conversation to, it’s becoming a comedy instead of romance.

“Would you keep quiet and let me continue?” He asks helpless of the situation.

She lifts her right hand to make a sign pretending to zip , making Jimin laugh.

“You’re rings remind me of the times you were away.” He reaches to his pocket while saying, “I’d like to give you a ring the will remind you to stay with me.” He finally shows the small box that he retrieved from his pocket and knelt down. “Will you marry me?” And, tears started to drop one by one from her eyes, and she could only nod.

They both let out a sigh of happiness as Jimin remained in his stance while he put the ring in her hands. It was a very intricate ring which look like three very thin ones, one gold, one rose gold, and one silver, intertwined with each other forming like twigs that are tangled together. Not the very elegant type, but the chic looking rings that are very much suited to be hers.

“Do you like it?” Jimin breathes out as she admires them. He is still holding to the hand but now standing beside her.

She looks up at him and smiles, “Very.” That brought out another brilliant smile from him. He leans in to peck on her lips and she hugs him whispering, “I love you.” And he whispers back, “I love you too.”

Suddenly her stomach growls and they are done with the romance and back to comedy again. Romance is really just not her thing, but for Jimin she can, just for a very little while.

“Let’s eat.” Jimin says as he grabs their plates and lead her to the long table.

As they are getting food on their plate she wonders out loud, “Why are there so many food?”

“Our friends will be joining us later.” He answered still busy picking which food to get.

“Do they know?” She asks stopping on her movement of getting more food on her plate.

“Mhmm.” He answers.

“Did you have to announce it?” She asks eyes big. “What would you do if I had said no?”

“You won’t.” he says smiling his back against her too busy getting food.

“How are you so sure?” She says squinting her eyes, hot on his heel.

“I just am.” He smiles turning around stealing a kiss from her.

She hits him and turn around to get to the other end of the table as she forgot to fill her plate while questioning him. He, on the other hand, just smiles and let her be while he goes back to the table to start with his food, still holding his smile while also following her with his eyes occasionally.

When she went back they had quite a decent meal before their friends came hollering in, then the table was traded for a larger table that accommodated everyone.

The night ended with a toast and church bells not far into the future.