Friends?

For The Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

 

 

 

“Mom? This is such a rare sight”

 Chaerin appears in the kitchen like nothing has happened though her eyes are puffy as hell. She continues on hugging Mrs. Jang.

“What are you doing here?”

Chaerin pretended to be clueless.

“Well, I thought I’ll drop by after sending DaeDae to school”

“Huh?”

She look at both her mother and flustered father who continues to make breakfast.

“Your dad called last night…”

“I’m fine mom”

Chaerin smile and pour coffee in her tumbler.

“Here”

Mr. Lee packs her a lunchbox and Chaerin heart sank as she remembers that this is what she has been doing for the past 4 years to Jimin.

“Umm.. thank you daddy”

Mr. Lee scratch his head as he realized her daughter have went to the memory lane.

“Or… we can just eat it now”

“No, this is perfect”

She smile not to make it hard for him. Chaerin knows he is trying.

“I’m thinking that you can skip college today and we can spend the day together, just you and me.. Let’s do some shopping and makeover or something”

“Mom, it’s ok, I need to go. I have practice, and I need to go see Mr. Han due to yesterday’s umm… you know. Today they are supposed to meet him”

Chaerin refers to Jiyong and Jimin.

“But you are not involved and Mr Han has clear you off”

Just thinking about Chaerin being in the same room as Jimin is troubling him.

“Yeah I know.. But there’s something that I need to do”

“What? Please don’t do anything stupid honey”

Mrs Jang shows her concern.

“No worries mom, I just need to do this okay? I need to go, love you”

Chaerin rushes to kiss her mom’s and dad’s cheeks and left.

“She’s not okay”

“She’s not”

Mr. Lee agrees.

“But don’t worry, I’ll take care of it”

“How?”

“Just eat your breakfast”

Mrs Jang rolls her eyes and proceeded to have a mouthful of the hot soup in front of her. Mr. Lee watch and the tingling sensation enters but he quickly shakes it off.

“You still make the best stew soup”

“Some things will never change”

She smile and he continues to fill Jojo’s tray and he eats like there’s no tomorrow.

“Urghh, Jojo is so big and if he continues to eat like that, he’s going to have problem like Marley”

“Who?”

“You know that movie, Marley and me?”

“You know you watch a lot of crap”

 Mrs Jang gasps and he chuckles over her reaction.

“And that is why we are divorced”

“Ouch!”

He clenched his palm on his chest, pretended to be hurt by his remarks and she just laugh.

“Anyway, Hoon, about our daughter”

“Okay, I know you are worried and so do i.. but trust me this won’t happen again”

“Yes, because if this happen again, I’m going to kill the boy”

“Uhhh, I wonder where Chaerin got her spunk”

Mrs Jang rolls her eyes.

“It won’t Eun Ae. Trust me I won’t let it happen again as long as I am alive”

Mrs Jang feel confident from what he said because she knows how much he love his daughter. From the moment she was born, Mr Lee have never taken care of Chaerin and raised her with such a wonderful job. But she knows, heartbreaks will eventually be faced by Chaerin and as a mom, it hurts to know that, it’s not her shoulder that Chaerin opt for first when she face this. But knowing she is in good care of her father is enough to make Mrs Jang bitterness goes away. As long as her baby is taken care of, that’s all that matters.

 

 

 

 

******************************

 

 

 

 

“So, what’s the plan?”

Jiyong eyes his father as they sat in the back office of their restaurant.

“I’m going to see Mr Han this afternoon..”

“And?”

“Say I’m sorry and it would never happened again”

Mr Kwon sigh. A very long one.

“What caused you to start the fight?”

Jiyong fixed his gaze on the table, and ask himself the same question. The way he remembers was they were having a spat in the locker room and the way he talks about Chaerin is what triggered him most.

“He just don’t respect her”

“Her?”

“That girl, his girlfriend.. Uncle Lee’s daughter”

“Yeah but why does it bother you though? As far as I know, your relationship with her is not something that we can say based on respect as well”

Jiyong lift his head and look at his father. Something pondering in his mind.

“What? Am I wrong? Every time you in contact with her, there’s always squabbling and annoyance surrounding both of you, so why the need of suddenly becoming a hero and wanting to protect her?”

Mr Kwon pursue on provoking his son. There is something that he sense out of this whole situation.

 “aishh..”

“Did you just aishh me?”

“No no no… I was… just confused…”

Clearly flustered, Mr Kwon almost let out a chuckle seeing him in that state.

“I don’t know dad. I just went off. But isn’t this like a good thing or something? I stood up for someone, so you have to pat yourself on the back, because you did pretty well in raising me”

“Smart ”

Both proceeded to laugh.

“Are you mad?”

“Things had happened, what more can I say. You chose that action now you need to face with the consequences. So, what about football?”

Jiyong’s face turn sour. Football is his sanctuary place. Whenever Jiyong plays football, he feels like he can control everything in his life. He feels empowered and capable.

“Hmm.. Just go see Mr. Han and if anything, come home, we’ll talk about it”

“This is all her fault, if only I don’t give a damn about her, this won’t happened”

Jiyong mutters silently but is heard by Mr Kwon.

“What? You care for Chaerin?”

“What? No! I didn’t say that!”

“Wow, you are acting weird.. Why so defensive?”

“Urghh, I’m going. Bye”

“Bye son.”

Mr Kwon smile as he eyed Jiyong exiting the office.

He begin his way in the restaurant by monitoring the kitchen area first. Ensuring all things are under control, discussing menus with his chefs and proceeded to the front, briefing his workers of the usual. After he’s done, he turn to look at his wife and smile dearly. Even after all these years, his heart still twitch when he sees her smile.

He was almost near her when the door to the restaurant suddenly barged into by a bunch of men looking very intense. A bunch of men dressed in black suit appears which caused Mr Kwon to immediately recognize them as gangsters. The loud crash is enough to bring all the men in the restaurant forward in protective mode, even more so after noticing MinJung, Mr. Kwon’s wife is at the counter which is next to them.

“May I know what brings all of you here?”

Mr. Kwon carefully utters to the men and all of them look at him intensely. One of the men who look like the leader of the bunch sit in one of the table and crosses his leg filled with charisma.

“Coffee”

He says while looking at one of the waitress. In accordance to that, she look at Mr. Kwon and he nodded.

“Sit.”

His whole body doesn’t want to move but his wisdom force him do the opposite. It’s not worth it to risk everyone’s safety due to his disobedient. Mr Kwon sit and he glance at his wife to ensure that everything is fine.

“I am Kang Dae and I am here to speak of Kwon Iseul”

Kwon Iseul. The name that Kwon Ryeol dread to hear.

“I haven’t heard that name for years”

“Really? That’s your blood right?”

“We have nothing to do with him anymore. He left years ago leaving my family behind. So if you want to look for him, you came to the wrong place”

The man’s face says it all. He’s taken aback but sure is not going to back off.

“You’re right Kwon Ryeol, you are right. But the thing is, I lost interest in finding him”

Mr Kwon is a little taken aback by the man knowing about his full name.

“What do you want?”

“I’m glad you ask. Do you know your brother borrowed 30mill won from me?”

He proceeded on pulling an env

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter