Chapter 4

Because You Are My Woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Joong Ki's gaze was pointed at the one table where all the main casts were sitting along with the writers and producers. That table was especially crowded and merrier than the others. A group which always existed no matter what. A group that those who dose not got to be in it would felt jealous of those who were in it. Those who were lucky and good enough to in there were always considered as the important people and higher level than the others. A group very hard to got in to. A group that people would have done no matter what it took and cost.

He remembered in the past when he always sitting in the corner like he was at the moment as gazing longingly at the main table and deeply vowed that he would got himself in it someday. And he did it. He was in the group. It was now the others turn to looked at him with envies.  

He was included in the group yet there he was again, sitting in the corner , alone by himself. He looked down to  the half empty bottle of beer in his hand and let out a chuckled. When he looked up again his gaze were attracted by the beautiful figure that sit among the others at the main table.  A smile crawled it way up upon his tired face. The preparation for his discharged from the military was taking a toll of him and he had not got a chance to take a little rest yet when he was dragged here. 

The lady in question was talking animatedly and laughing happily with the others while she took a gulped of her beer from time to time. She was a little bit overly excited than she normally would from those alcohol that she had drained down in to her system. It was the first time he saw this side of her. Her a little bit puffy checks were shaded in red as the ripe tomatoes. Her smile was an angelic scene. The sound of her voice and laughter making it way straight in to his heart that was slightly aching at the moment.

What was he doing sitting there alone when he was by her side only a few moment ago. He let out a sighed and shook his head. He stood up with the beer in his hand and quietly make his way out from the side door hopefully that no one would noticed it. He needed a fresh air to cleared his mind. Little did he knew it, a pair of gaze was secretly following his every movement from the time when he got up from his seat the main table. 

Everyone seem to be very engaged with the topic they were talking about at the moment as no one, at least that was what he thought, had noticed him leaving the table. It would have been a lied if he said his mood was not affected at all by that one question. 

Without any specific directions, he slowly walked to where ever his foot was leading him to. Without knowing how or when, he found himself reached a staircase with the limited light just enough for you to barely seeing your way. "Just what I need." He muttered under his breath as he took his seat on the top of the staircase, putting down the two bags of can beers that he had half mindedly bought from the convenient store on his way earlier.

The horrified memories of incident that happened from months ago came back alive, playing like a movie clip in his head. An incident that had caused poll of tears being shaded along with the broken hearts. An incident life had be taken away. The memory that he had never thought he would experienced ever in his whole live. The memory that he knew would stuck with him for the rest of his life. 

He was having wonderful time and joyful conversation with the other just moment ago before one of the staff asked about the incident that happened when he was in the military as the topic of their conversation was about the drama that they were about to begun filming soon. He was definitely dumbstruck when the question came in to his ears. It was a memory that he wanted to forget. The one that he wanted to erased. 

He masked out the pain with a forced laughter and answered in a relaxing tone. Nothing really serious about it. He said. Brushing off the matter as if it was nothing. Pain was a weakness and he never showed his weakness to anyone. And he had always managed to hide it well. Convinced that everyone was buying what he had said, he quickly changed the matter in hand to something else then found himself a chance to escapes from there later. He really needed fresh air.

Opening the cans of beers, draining down it's content in to his system without stopped. Staring in to nothingness with a tense expression with a deep frown between his brows. He sat there like that for who knew how long before a soft voice called him from behind.

"Joong Ki?"

His head naturally turned to looked to the sourced of the voice. There she was standing beautifully but instead of a smile, she was wearing a worried expression instead. A smile sneakily made it way up to his face without his acknowledgment. 

'Is she perhaps...worried about me?' He thought.

She slowly made her way towards him and sat beside him on the stair. Silences took over the atmosphere as neither of 

 them knew how to started a conversation. 

Song Hye Kyo was running thru her whole head in searched for the right way to broke the awkwardness. She definitely does not thought that much when she excused herself from the group and tried to tracked him down when she realized that he had not coming back after a while. She just knew that her worried for him was so overwhelming that her mind was not processing about anything else other than him.

She had noticed his changes in behavior when the topic from his military day being brought up earlier. She managed to stopped herself from fulfilling her desired of wanting to goes to his side when she saw him separating himself from the crowds and sit by himself. What was the feeling that she felt? She also had not figured it out yet. Was it just as simple as the noona-dongsaeng and sunbae-hoobae relationship that she had claimed them to be? Or was it something more?

She just knew that she felt a sharp pain in her heart when she finally found him sitting there just now. The stated he was at the moment was nothing like his usually cheerily and sunshine self. The one that you would not even have a doubt of handed everything to him to took cared of. The one whom you could always depends on.  Not even a glimpse of shine could be found on him like always at the moment. Darkness was surrounding him.

She does even knew that she had called for him until he turned to met her eyes. His eyes was clouded and red. The pain she felt for him increased at the way he crooked his head a bit to looked at her. He looked like a child. A beaten one. The one that was in pain and scared. The one who was desperately searching for someone that willing to took his hand and lead him out of the pain. He looked so lost. He looked so broken. He looked so weak that she had the strong urge to took him in her embraced and protected him from what ever that made him like that.

She silently sit beside him, following his movement of emptying his previous can of beer before opening a new one. 
Clearing . "You are not going to offer me something to drink?"

He slowly turned his head to face her. He does not expected it. He thought that she would just leave sooner or later when she could not bear the silence anymore. It was not like he was ignoring her on purposed. God knew that he would not done it even if it was the last thing that he could do. It just that he does not knew how to face her. Would she still acknowledge him after seeing this kind of him?

A small giggled came out from her when sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter