07: The inseparable duo P2- His bunnytooth smile

Rollercoaster of a Life time

I sat in the kitchen by the counter where the wide opening was as I stared at the television that was oddly enough, placed on top of one of the cupboards while nibbling on a biscuit.

I was rather worried about my grandmother since I had come home to find her sprawled across the kitchen floor, the bottle of pills not far from her left hand and the two pills which were meant to be consumed still in her right hand. Upon that sight alone, I'd lost the motivation to even cook; the fear of finding her on the ground if I went up after finally eating too great.

I knew it was bad that I was starving myself and I could already imagine the strong disapproval that would come from her, but at the moment, I couldn't have cared less.

Also, my eyes kept darting to the front door where you would find the coat hanger and next to it, a dripping umbrella that had been lent to me not too long ago which had suddenly brought up an unwelcomed feeling of guilt within me.

Just as I happened to look at it, the bell rang, echoing through the house before a loud knock followed, causing me to nearly fall out of my seat in surprise.

Not because of the fact that the bell echoed throughout the house, but rather because nobody had ever actually rang the bell in years. The last person to be at our door was the neighbour's son (and the dancer kid that I ended up meeting at school) and he knocked so it caught me by surprise.

"Strange," was all I could find myself saying as I slowly got up from my seat and approached the door silently, trying to look into the peephole only to fail due to my height (which was my only weakness in life, I swear).

Another jolt went through my body, this time due to how close I was when the bell rang.

"Just do it," I whispered to myself as I reached out and slowly unlocked the door before opening it, only to come face to face with none other than the seven familiar faces I'd met hours ago and days ago.

The one in front (who also happened to be my neighbour) smiled sheepishly, his grin reaching his eyes and looking even more beautiful than when I'd first met him.

"Hey, Jamie. I'm really sorry to bother you, but my mother asked if you would mind some company?" he asked and it was then that I noticed the plates and bowls the group was carrying. A frown of confusion must have formed on my face because J-Hope reached over and poked the spot between my eyebrows as he gave his signature wide smile.

"My mom heard what happened. She wanted to have you come over and eat by us while she took care of your grandmother, but I told her that you might have preferred being in the same house at least so here we are," he explained as each of them held up the Tupperware of food they were carrying to emphasise the point.

"So, then, where is your mom?" I decide to ask, eyeing them all warily.

As I did this, each of them looked away except for Namjoon and Jimin who simply wiggled their eyebrows making me scrunch my face as a reflex. No way was it because they were ugly because if I haven't mentioned it before, they were absolutely beautifully hot, breath taking human beings who just killed me with how perfect they were (not that they were perfect. I mean, I knew better; no human in this entire world was perfect).

"She's getting some last minute things to bring over. She may call some of us, but we'd be back in less than ten minutes."

In response, I only nod as I continued to stare at each one individually, my eyes somehow resting on the last two I had met of the group and who happened to be the two youngest. When they individually caught my eye, they had different reactions and I really have no idea what I was expecting. I mean, they were two different people.

Taehyung grinned widely and Jungkook seemed to grow even shyer than when I'd first met him as his grip visibly tightened on the bowl of mash potatoes and he ducked his head in the safety of his friend's shoulder.

Eventually, one of them cleared their throats earning my attention once again. Only this time, the scarier of the seven boys who tried to catch it (something very rare, I must say).

When he noticed that he'd caught my attention, his eyes softened a bit while his glare hardened (if that was even possible, because honestly, I don't even know how that works) before he spoke up, his tone harsher than one would expect and earning scolds from the rest of the group except Jimin who simply shook his head.

"Can we come inside already?"

"You can't just ask that!" Jin exclaims in disbelief, his eyes going wide with shock.

"I just want to put the stuff down so we can go and help your mother," Suga said in a means of reasoning with the rest who all had secretly wanted to ask that as well.

"I'm sorry, of course," I reply quickly before they could continue their banter which had honestly come out of nowhere. I mean, just a moment ago, they were agreeing with the question Yoongi had asked.

As they all turned their attention to e once I again, I opened the door wider so that they could enter.

One by one, they followed each other into the house, each of them mumbling something or other. When Jungkook passed me, he ducked his head once again making my frown deepen. I couldn' be sure, but I felt like I had done something wrong. And although I could ask if I want, I preferred not to in fear of making the situation worse.

Instead, I joined them all inside, not at all surprised that J-Hope had known where the kitchen was considering he'd been here before with his mother plenty of times before I moved in.

When I stopped in the doorway, Hoseok looked up and gave a smaller smile than his usual which worried me. However, his next words relaxed me a little, "My mom wants us to come over and help her with some stuff, but Jungkook will stay here with you."

Of course he will be.

"Okay," came my simple reply, my eyes not once leaving Jungkook, even when the rest of them exited the room after each other and the front door closed.

"Please stop," his voice filled the silence, freezing me in my spot because gosh damn, he had such a beautiful voice. Just picturing him singing a song killed me from the inside out. I mean, a beautiful boy who could sing was very rare nowadays (let's ignore all the well-known and newly discovered k-pop groups because come on guys, Asians are amazing and beautiful and just on a mission to kill us all).

"Stop what?" I asked instead.

"Stop staring; you look like a stalker."

Before I could find a reply, he was turned away and reaching into the cupboards for plates. Out of habit, I walked over to the drawers and pulled out forks, knives and spoons, not aware of how close the two of us were until I ly to knock into the boy's chest.

My eyes widened and heat crept to my cheeks at the realization.

But I think what stung most was his reaction. A smirk made way to his expression before he turned; scoffing something I seemed to miss while he made his way to the table and began setting it.

Silently, I went to assist.

"I don't need help," he mutters, glancing at me with what I could only say was the cutest frown had ever seen. Instead of feeling like absolute crap because I was on the receiving end, I just wanted to reach out and pinch his cheeks (call me crazy, but you would too).

"It's my house," I shoot back.

He seems hesitant, but eventually rolls his eyes as the corner of his lip tilts upwards, "Fair enough, Jamster."

Shrugging, I continued to help set up.

By the time we were done, the rest of the boys had returned, placing the other items on the counter or on the table before they each took seats.

A knock at the door interrupted my thought train as I had been deciding whether to sit next to Jungkook or in the empty seat beside Yoongi. When I looked up, a beautiful woman resembling Hoseok walked in with the most amazing eyes and breath taking smiles I had ever seen thus far (excluding the seven idiots that were seated at my table).

"Hello, you must be Jamie? I really hope you don't mind the boys and me coming over for supper. I heard what happened with your grandmother and I wanted to help. I also didn't find it fair that you eat supper alone," she said with a wide grin, right hand outstretched.

Taking it, I shook my head, unable to shake how alike they looked off my shoulders as I shook her hand and reassured her that it was quite alright.

As she took a seat, she turned to look at me, making the rest of the boys except one do the same.

"Take a seat, okay? Let's start eating."

I could only nod before I took my seat by Jungkook, looking up to find him looking at me. We both smiled before looking back to our plates and I could only hope it went unnoticed.

All the while as we started supper, one thought haunted my mind: His bunnytooth smile was by far, one of my favourites.