19: Antidepressants

Rollercoaster of a Life time

Its been a full week since the funeral and a full week since I last saw my father.

If you were wondering, I was avoiding him. I couldn't think of a good enough reason other than I couldn't stand to look at him.

I mean, I don't hate him; I don't think I ever could.

But my father and Jackson's arrival here were too close to be some sort of coincidence. And if I had not been annoyed with him and stormed off, I would have confronted him at the funeral.

Of course, it was to be expected when we'd gone to the tea (which usually occurred after funerals) that he was nowhere in sight.

But something inside of me ached and I knew that somewhere deep down inside of me, I'd been hoping that he would stay for this one; that he wouldn't just up and leave without a word.

I mean, after nearly a year since we last saw each other, he's only words had been 'Here she is boys, my darling daughter' and I know I should have been satisfied that he'd said anything to me at all, but the truth is I wasn't.

They weren't even directed at me.

Despite all the pain that man had caused me, despite all the hurt he'd put me through, in the end, he was still my father.

As for the boys, they were currently on a mission to get me out of the bed.

This mission has been going on since the after the tea when I refused to leave my bed never mind the house.

Taehyung had assured them that I would be fine if they gave me time, but Hoseok had thought otherwise, thinking that things would take a turn for the worse if they didn't try and help me as soon as possible and for some reason, that had me watch him more closely.

I'd called in sick at school and the boys brought the work I'd missed out on regularly.

And though I had hoped I wouldn't hear from him again, everyday after school, the boys would enter with an envelope they found lying in the mail box which was addressed to me.

I still haven't opened any of them.

I refused to. I knew the handwriting all too well and it always led me to the darker section of my thoughts.

As I glanced at the time, peeking out from beneath my heap of blankets and at the black digital clock that sat on my nightstand, flashing the time 10:10 am, I sighed.

Where did the time go, I wonder, as my stomach growls.

No longer able to ignore the fact that I was starving, I stretch before reluctantly removing myself from my bed, wincing at the cold temperature of the wooden floors against my bare feet which sent a wave of chills through my body and causing me gasp a little.

Finally pushing the feeling away and choosing to ignore it, I grab my glasses and put them on before I walk out of the room to the bathroom where I brush my teeth before I make my way downstairs.

My feet make soft sounds as I rush down the stairs and into the kitchen where everything seems to be in place just like yesterday.

This assured me that Jin had left everything untouched aside from buying new groceries and replacing them with the expired ones.

My eyes scan the kitchen before landing on the refrigerator which I approach with some caution for who even knows what reason. I mean, for all I knew, something bad could jump out of it like that episode of Henry Danger where they put that thing in to scare him awake.

I mean, you never know right?

After I'm sure that its safe, I open the door of the refrigerator and I internally die at the beautiful sight of it being overfilled.

"Jinnie," I mumble, knowing he did this because let's face it, if I didn't leave the entire week, it also meant I haven't been to the shops in a while and also, let's not forget that I could barely even afford half the amount of groceries that were in my fridge.

With a content sigh, heavy heart and guilty conscience, I grab the ready made ramen and close the door of it before going to the drawers and opening it to retrieve the chopsticks.

Satisfied, I put the kettle on to boil before walking out to the living room where I take a seat on the couch.

Just as I unseal the container and place my chopsticks in, I hear a crash.

Its a distant sound and it takes me a while to realize that the reason was because it hadn't come from my room but rather from the neighbours and for some reason, this caused me to worry.

Usually, you would never hear a sound from them; they were too respectable and kind, considering others instead.

Standing up and placing the container down, I walk over to the phone where I dial the Jung residence.

When I receive no answer, I try again, and again, and again before I finally give up.

Knowing it would bother me all day if I didn't go, I turn and walk to the front door.

As I place my hand on the handle, I take in a deep breath because nothing could you ever prepare me for this.

But the longer I took, the more worried I got.

So, to avoid wasting any more time, I pull open the front door, my eyes going into a squint almost immediately at how bright it was outside.

"Damnit," I curse softly before bracing myself once again before step out, completely forgetting that I was barefoot as I shut the front door behind me and rush over the freshly cut grass and over to the neighbor's house.

I raise my fist to knock on the door and my eyebrows curve up in concern as I notice that the front door is partially ajar.

Pushing it open slightly, I softly excuse myself before I remove my shoes and properly enter the house, closing the front door behind me before I walk to the first room hesitantly; the living room.

It was empty and I notice that the television is still on, showing some sort of dance movie that I personally loved, though not a fan of the genre.

When I've noticed that the downstairs area is completely vacant, I move to the stairs, placing my hand against the railing before I dash up the stairs in a hurry.

Going through each and every door, I frown as each is vacant as well and I wonder what the sound was before I see the final door right on the end. On the door, there were the carved initials J.H which made me bite my lip because this is the only room left and it happened to be Hoseok's room.

Worry coursed through me like a second skin.

Willing myself to do this, I reach out and grab the handle, pulling it down as I push the door open.

The sight makes me cold to the bone as I enter to see Hoseok on the ground, the side of his head covered in blood, a bottle of pills lay beside his right hand, a handful of them in his left.

Rushing over, I kneel beside him, already pulling my phone out as I dial the hospital number, having memorized it for my grandmother.

As I shake him, my eyes tear and my frown deepens when he doesn't respond.

Nothing's working and the moment I receive no answer on the other line, I hit the end call button before scrolling through my contacts and finding his number.

I press the call button and gulp as I wait for an answer.

He should have been in class, but I'm relieved when he answers, his tone full of worry as he answers, "James?"

"Jin, its Hoseok," the moment these words leave my lips, Jin's response is instant, telling me to hang on before he hangs up.

I look through the rest of the contacts, having full faith that Jin will tell the others before he arrives.

And then my eyes land on her contact and I debate before finally, I press the call button for the third time in that hour.

When she answers, she sounds annoyed, "What is this about? I'm in the middle of-"

But she never finishes that sentence.

I don't think she ever will because my next words are about to kill her inside. I may not know her well enough, but I'm positive of this.

"Kira, its Hoseok..." I whisper as I stare at the container beside his hand that reads Antidepressants.