xx. sold to marriage

Ectopic ➵ Wang So { Book 1 }

It was a bright and sunny day when I had received a terrible news.

"What?! I'm being sold to marriage?" I reacted. Lady Park only gave me a look and went back to what she was doing.

"It is for the best, Eunha." She said sternly. But it wasn't the best decision she could do for me.

"If Court Lady Oh was alive, she'd stop this. She'd put a stop-"

"Court Lady Oh is dead!"

My eyes widened in surprise and I gasped. How could Lady Park say things that easily?

Lady Park must have sensed what I was feeling and then she went back to what she was doing.

I bit my lip in annoyance. Tears threatened to fall from my eyes and then I ran out of the study room.

🌸 🌸 🌸

Baek-ah was running around the palace gardens in the hopes to find So. But he failed to find him so he decided to search for him inside the palace, and there he found him with the other princes having white tea near the bathing house.

"Hyung! Eunha is getting married!" Baek-ah informs.

And it wasn't even So who was the first to react.

"My Eunha is getting married?!" Eun exclaims as he brings his cup of tea down with a thud.

"Eun, you're married to Soon Deok already." Won calmly spoke to Eun who was just beside him.

Eun turned to face So who was still calm and collected on the other side of the room, not even having a sip of his tea that has now turned cold.

"Hyung. Please stop Eunha from marrying. Please hyung. Only you and the first prince will the king listen to!" Eun pleads. Even going as far as going down on both knees.

And inside So's mind, he was already formulating a plan which would involve Wook. He turned to look at him, and in his eyes, he could see that he was thinking of the same thing.

🌸 🌸 🌸

Eunha, still in Damiwon palace, was forced to get bathed, fed and wore marriage clothes as to Lady Park's orders. With Court Lady Oh gone, it was Lady Park who took incharge of Damiwon.

"Lady Park, please put a stop to this." Eunha sadly pleaded. She had worn a red silk hanbok with gold ornaments. In wasn't much of her taste.

"It has been decided Lady Eunha. You shall be wedded to Baekje's prince." Lady Park commented.

Eunha kept looking at the window, she wondered if ever Wook or So would come and take her away. 

🌸 🌸 🌸

Minutes before Eunha could be taken to the palace to be wedded with Baekje's prince for political reasons, Wook and So went together to Damiwon to take Eunha out of Songak. While Eun, Baek-ah and Jung took another route to mislead the guards as Eun disguises himself as Eunha as well. 

Wook and So had arrived at the back of Damiwon palace, looking above, So found a sad looking Eunha who was staring out in the vast. Quietly, they snuck inside the palace and headed to Eunha's chambers.

It was Wook who found her chamber and Eunha stared at them in surprise. Eunha smiled as she found them. She stood up and So did the unbelievable.

He drew his sword out and slashed Eunha's wrist. So purposefully dug the tip of his sword on Eunha's wrist. And Eunha stumbled backwards.

"H-how...." Eunha starts to talk and Wook rushed beside her.

"You cannot marry....unless you have a scar on your body." Wook answered calmly and So led them out.

🌸 🌸 🌸

On the other side, the palace guards continued to chase Jung, Baek-ah and Eun in the forest. The kept outrunning them until rhe had been swarmed by the guards and Jimong stepped down from his horse.

"Your Highness, please let Eunha go." He spoke. Slowly, Eun reveals himself and lets go of the cloth covering his face.

"Where is Eunha?" Jimong demanded.

But none of the three princes responded.

A blade met Baek-ah's neck. A royal guard pointed the tip of his blade in Baek's neck.

"Where is Lady Eunha?" Jimong calmly asks this time.

And Baek-ah gave in.

"Wook and So took her away from Damiwon."

"Where are they heading?"

"To the palace."

And in the end, all of them came riding back towards the palace.

But as they reached the palace, no royal ceremony was taking place. Both Eunha and Baekje's prince weren't in the courtyard.

"What happened to the wedding?" Jimong asks.

"The wedding has been cancelled." Prince Moo came up to them from behind. "Lady Eunha arrived with Wook and So. She has a scar on her wrist and she is unable to marry a prince." He explained.

🌸 🌸 🌸

Much of all that has been happening, the King was on his bed. Unable to see things clearly and is now bed ridden. Everytime he closed his eyes, all he could see was Oh Sooyeon. Court Lady Oh. A simple life with Sooyeon and Eunha. But all that seemed distant now.