nine.

(you were) the sea i wanted

“I can’t do this anymore.”


Howon turns his back on Sunggyu, who stands in the doorway, concerned.


“What can’t you do anymore?” he asks softly. “Howon, tell me.”


“You,” Howon answers. “This. I can’t deal with you anymore. You have to leave. I’ve packed all your stuff, and there’s money on the table. Find yourself a hotel and go back home.”


“My home, Howon,” Sunggyu says quietly, “is here. My home is with you, wherever you are.”


“No.” Howon turns around, letting the anger show on his face. Sunggyu takes a step back, hand on the doorframe. “Leave. Now.”


For a long while, Sunggyu only stares at Howon. Then, slowly, quietly, he turns. Howon closes his eyes as his footsteps gradually become softer.


The door slams, and Howon feels it through his entire body. The rain hammers, and Howon hides in his bed. The ocean roars, and Howon lets go of his heart.


Ten minutes later, villagers burst into his house to hustle him to higher ground. Howon watches the ocean swallow his house, and he thinks that this is revenge.


After all, Sunggyu has always been better at understanding the sea.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey guys, I know I haven't been doing author's notes, but I just wanted to tell y'all that it reallllly makes me happy when y'all comment XD like it doesn't even have to be a long comment. You can be really short and I'll still be really happy. Also pls suggest ideas maybe for new Hogyu fics in the future ;))