Jeong Dong Su - 1 : Shocking Day

Amazing Day, Amazing You
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"You can't just say you don't want to take over this workshop. It's your father's hardwork. How could you be so heartless?"

 

Always the same tricks, always the same threats. He knew that she knew him all too well to be confident that there's no way he would even try winning an argument when the conscience n heart cards were played. Very well played cards indeed. He grudgingly yet silently accepted his fate and signed the documents to officialized his ownership of his late father's workshop. Maybe he'd always be no more than a pleaser who can never please.

 

'Why did the old man had to die, now of all time?'

 

He shook his head at the thought he himself acknowledged as cruel, but one he couldn't help but bitterly think of. It wasn't like they cared all that much about how he had been doing all those times, only ever calling him lazy and reckless even when he did all they wanted him to do. He even went to take up Business Administration studies that bored him to tears just by its name. He tried his best to make them happy, to make them acknowledge him just once, but it never came.

 

In fact, there was only one person who cared about him, praised him, encouraged him to find his passion and dream and to not worry about what his parents or even the world had to say about him. Her. He decided then that she was his passion, his dream, his destination. Even though she was older, and was already a music teacher when he was still struggling to pass his university examinations, it didn't stop him from dreaming of a happy ending. It would be perfect. She was the only one who brightened his dull life, the only one he anticipated every day to make him get out of the house every evening in hopes to see his friendly neighbour. She liked to go out to the park in the evenings to play her guitar and he liked to go there every time she was there to just listen to her. Each and every strumming never failed to made his heart felt like it was battered to the point of bleeding, either it was that, or it was the overwhelmingly bliss by the mere presence of her. 

 

He never thought there would come a day she would pay a visit to his house, only to bring along her wedding invitation, to someone that wasn't him of course. It wasn't fair, he hadn't even had his chance to confess. He had already planned to graduate and took on whatever job that would impress her, so that he could profess his feelings without shame. But she didn't wait for him. After all the hopes she had given him from all her kind words and attention for him. He couldn't even tell anyone how he felt at the Earth shattering news, he couldn't even show any other reactions other than smiling brightly to her.

 

"Congratulations noona."

 

Just those two words was how it all ended, his one sided affair, or rather what was then, his greatest love story that never was. 

 

After painfully struggling to complete his studies even with everything inside him felt like they're crumbling down, he didn't proceed with his earlier plan to take up some impressive job afterall. There was no one whom he really wanted to impress anymore, so what was the purpose anyway? There's really nothing more to look forward to. Just to live until he die. That's the plan. His father kept telling him to come to the workshop, to learn on how to repair cars he supposed, or how to manage the business as the old man said. He never went. Every day ended with nagging once he got home from wandering around in the city, looking for the unknow

Please log in to read the full chapter