Prologue

Dearest You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The boy heard the wails of teenagers of his age and younger along with the weeps of his town members. He peeked from the side of the window, hands pressing against the peeling faded wallpapers. He bit his lips as what he feared most recently became reality in front of his eyes. He heard it everywhere. How everyone was trying to run away before the troops of the invading powers were to hit their town. But he couldn't. He tried to join one of the groups that decided to run away but his mother did not let him go. He begged her and tried to convince her that what will come is awful and horrible. But she did insisted that if they ran away and were caught, they will face death. 

 

The door was slammed open and a soldier came into his mother and his view. He was pointing his gun at them and screamed, "ON YOUR FEET NOW AND OUT TO THE VAN." 

 

His mother stood up and held him by his form arm as they walk with trembling legs toward the military van that was in the middle of the empty space. There were five vans with different writings on the back doors were the soldiers were pushing his tribe. The first one had Alphas written on it, the second was for Betas, the third was for Omegas. The last one had Servants written on it. He gulped. He knew this was no good. 

 

His mother was snatched from his side as a soldier took a look at the metallic necklace before he pushed her toward the Servants van. He screamed and was about to run to his mother when the soldier from earlier pulled him back by his hair. He felt the painful tug on his hair as the soldier looked at his metallic necklace around his slender neck.

 

Nam Woohyun

February 8, 1801

Omega

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunggyu uncrossed his legs with a yawn as his mother and father talked about the new group of unworthy people that were brought to their city for work. They were happy because they finally convinced him to get one of the omegas as a pleasure slave, or a beta as a maid since he bought his own apartment couple of months ago. 

 

This human for sale carnival, as Sunggyu called it in sarcasm, is held every 1st of January every four years. He wasn't excited about it. But it was one of the conditions he had to agree on if he wanted to live on his own. To him, it was a stupid thing to do, but the society thinks it means you are stronger, wealthier and powerful.

 

Sunggyu had all of them without the need to own humans. But there was no way he can inherit his father's company if he didn't own one. 

 

He earlier thought of getting a beta. He could use it as a helper now that he lives on his own and his parents won't send their maids to help him. As a punishment for his request. 

 

The voices and cheers of people from outside cut his thoughts. His parents stood up and ushered for him to tag along. He rolled his eyes but still followed them. 

 

They left the hotel's lobby and came under the blazing sun. It was hot and Sunggyu s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter