Chapter 2 - Mina's POV

The Liar & His Lover (drama remake)

"Mom, I'm going out, I'll be back later okay?" I yelled as I walked out the door towards my bike.

"Hold on, you have to deliver these vegetables to the store." Mom came out and handed me a bag which I took and hooked around my handle.

"Wait, wear your helmet." Mom lifted the helmet onto my head and strapped it.

"Ah hurry, Jae-Joon is waiting!!!" Mom waved her hand impatiently and I smiled as I biked away, waving.

The day was still as sunny as this morning and I grinned as I biked through town. Everything seemed perfect today, it seemed as if nothing could go wrong. I quickly biked to Happy Fruits and Vegetables where I dropped off the vegetables and bought two apples, one for me and one for Jae-Joon who was no doubt waiting impatiently for me where we worked. I laughed at the thought of him mad and for a moment, lost control of my bike as it swerved and hit someone, sending all of us onto the ground.

The first thing I noticed was the phone, there was a photo of the GOT7 members laughing and moving, but wait, how could they be moving? I tilted my head and winced at the pain that came after. Why hadn't I been paying attention? This was the second time this week that I had crashed into someone!!

There was a groan from underneath me and I looked down, startled. I had somehow assumed that they had landed somewhere else, how had I fallen on top of them? The person groaned again and opened their eyes and I gasped. It was JB!!!

His eyes widened as he saw my face and he quickly looked around as if making sure that no one was seeing this, me on top of him. His eyes then went back to my face and he flinched as he realized how close we were.

Embarassed as I realized how we looked, I quickly stood back up and took a step back while dusting my skirt. There was no one around but a man who was well-known around town as a beggar. He grinned at me and then turned away and I felt my cheeks turn red from embarassment.

JB stood up and dusted himself and I stared at him, awestruck. Was it really him? He looked at me and I quickly looked down, hoping that he didn't notice me staring. 

"Of course he's real, you just crashed into him!!" I muttered to myself. "Ah what to do? What if he sues me? Aish, Mom's gonna kill me!"

"Ya!!! Weren't you watching where you were going?" I looked up and found JB glaring at me, angry. 

"S-Sorry." I stuttered. JB huffed and dusted himself again. I flinched and coughed as the dirt blew my way, entering my eyes and nose.

"Aish, I'm all dirty now." JB muttered to himself. He looked up and glared at me. "I'm gonna let you go this time but you better not tell anyone that you saw me. Understand?"

I nodded, coughing. I couldn't breathe, it felt as if my throat had gone dry. I coughed again and hunched over, reeling from the pain in my stomach.

"Ya, are you okay?" I nodded and held up a hand, backing away from JB. As much as I liked him, being around him right now would only cause him to hate me more. I coughed again and picked up my bike, wincing at the pain in my throat.

"Are you sure you're okay?" His voice had gotten softer, soft like his singing voice, the voice that I loved so much. I coughed and nodded again, wanting to disappear. 

"No you're not, come with me." I shook my head and wiped at my eyes.

"I'm okay, really." My voice came out raspy and I flinched. Not the way I wanted to sound in front of my favorite idol. I coughed again and heard JB sigh.

"Aish, what to do?" He looked at me and before I knew it, he had grabbed my hand and was leading me away.