Broken Barn

The Timetravler

2004 October 11th. 6:33pm.

 

Baekhyun Pov:

Was it an explosion? I'd been sitting on my porch drawing, when there was a sudden flash of light, that had began to illuminate from the barn. I sat in silence for a few seconds, not wanting to risk moving. The house door swung open, making me look up. My Farther had his shotgun in hand, loading 2 shotgun shells into the mag.

"What did you see?" he asked me. I shook my head, looking back toward the light. "Nothing. I didn't see anything, just that light". Sitting in silence, I watched as my farther made his way toward the barn. Part of me didn't want to know what was inside the barn. What if it was aliens? A serial killer? I grabbed my farther's arm, stopping him from leaving. "What Bhyunnie?" "It could be dangerous. Maybe we should wait for it to leave". He pulled his arm away. "Go inside. I can deal with it myself". I stood there, watching my farther make his way to the barn door. The adrenaline in my veins was so strong, the I sprinted off the porch to his side. "I told you stay put!" "I'm your back-up," I whispered back, looking through the crack in the barn door. There was nothing that seemed any different inside, other than the hole in the back wall. "What'd you think it was?" My farther poked his head in, looking around and then shrugged. "What ever it was, it's gone now". I stayed still, focusing all my attention on the barn. I never saw that there was a broken panel at the back. It was big enough to fit a small child through. "Look Farther," I pointed him in the direction of the panel. "Stay here Baekhyun, and if I get into any altercation, run inside and call Mr. Wu". He disappeared inside the barn, and I shook in fear. The winds picked up, blowing furiously, I thought I'd be blown away with them.

After 7 minutes of silence and waiting anxiously, my farther reappeared from the barn. He started to run toward me, signaling for me to move from my place in the field.

"Is it an alien?" I asked. He shook his head.

"No, don't be ridiculous".

"Then what was it? Wa-"

"Did you call Mr. Wu? Or have you been standing here this entire time". The tone of his voice scared me, and he had blood on his shirt. A lot of it too. I followed him inside, not wanting to be left outside alone with this... thing. Who know what it was, although it ws clearly injured.... it could be violent.

 

I guess I'd begun violently shaking in fear, because when Mr. Wu turned up, I almost fainted from the fast entranced he'd made coming through the door. My farther had to place his hand on my shoulder to steady me, and he nodded in Mr. Wu's direction.

"What is it?" I asked.

Mr. Wu took a deep breath, and stared deep into my eyes.

"It could be anything Baekhyun. Just stay inside the house and let me and your farther deal with it". I watched as he and my farther disappeared into the field, running frantically toward the burning barn. There didn't seem to be anything out there... The spacecraft looked empty now. Was the alien hiding in the field? Would it kill my farther and Mr. Wu. The idea frightened me, and I didn't want to see anybody die. With that, I got off the chair and ran upstairs to my room to hide. It was getting darker outside, and the farm had became un-comfortably quiet. Peeking out the window, I could see my Farther and Mr Wu emerge from the barn door, running back up to the house. 

"Baekhyun, why are you still standing there?" my farther said. I looked out the window. "I wanted to know what it was? Is it dangerous or..." Mr. Wu sat down at the table, siging in exhaustion. "Whatever it was disappeared pretty quickly. I'd stay inside for a while if I was you". Farther patted me on the back and sighed. Could've bee anything. An Alien, a human-killing alien. "Now. Get some sleep kiddo, you've got school tomorrow and you need to rest". "But I'm not tired". Without saying another word, my Farther chuckled and signaled for me to get moving. I obeyed, heading to my room quickly. I rushed over to my bedroom window and peered out at what was once a barn. The hole in the roof was massive, and I'd wondered if it was a meteroite, instead of a alien.

End Pov.

 

'System failure. Base is unresponsive. Ejecting microplasm'.

Chanyeol fumbled with his belt, and hurridly climbed out of the time-capsule. Before he could get far enough from the shuttle, he was launced into the hard wood, of the barns walls. The building collapsed around him, one of the wooden frames landing on his chest and crushing him. There was a rush to his head and gasped for air. It was getting darker, and before he could look around for something to help him, he out.

The barn doors opened, and a man rushed over to the hole in the roof. He looked around, before noticing Chanyeol's unconcious body beneath the rubble. Turning around on his heel, he rushed back into the feild and toward the far house. "Baekhyun! Call for the police! There's something inside the barn!" 

Standing on the porch, a frightened Baekhyun stared at his farther. His legs felt like concrete and he was unable to utter out a word. He watched his farther rush past him and pick up the phone, fumbling with the numbers on the dial. "Help! I need an ambulance... There's been a crash over at my home... yes, but he's unconscious... I don't know... Are you sending an ambulance or not!" Mr. Byun slammed the phone down and grabbed the throw that was covering the couch. "Listen to me," he said, turning to his son. "I need you to stay here and wait for your mother to get home. Call her now and say... say... I don't know. Just get her to come home, okay?" Baekhyun nodded and took the phone off it's reciever. He watched his farther disappear once again into the night. His fingers were shaking even more now, and he was starting to get dizzy. 

"Mum!... Farther says you need to come home... There's been an incident, over at the barn... I don't know... Yes, he's fine and so am I... I don't know. Are you on your way?... Why?... But... Okay, bye Mum". Baekhyun hung up. He called out for his Farther, as he rushed out onot the porch. "They won't let her leave".

"Who?" 

"The bank. Mum said they're short of staff, and her boss is being a ".

Mr. Byun groaned in annoyance. "," he looked back at Baekhyun. His eyes looked past him, and over at the barn. Mr. Byun turned around, only to see a shadowy figure running into the open field and toward the farm gates. "Stay here!" he told his son, and sprinted off after the figure. Baekhyun watched in shock. He was right. It was an alien, and the thought made him feel sick. So much was running through his head; what if the Alien's going to take over the world? What if it's dangerous? It's going to kill his farther. There was a pitchfork leaning up against the fence. Baekhyun grabbed it and started running toward the barn.