Forever

One in a Trillion

Part 2 of Jennie's birthday party and Wenrene's own party. lol 

 

Satisfied.

 

Irene had always doubt if she will ever use that word when it comes to her and her wife. She could still recall back in college, how it’s a struggle to pull away from her girlfriend. Sunday nights have always been the worse for her when she’s torn between responsibilities and Wendy. And as much as she wants to pick Wendy, her girlfriend and future wife always told her that someday they could have forever. Forever entangled, forever blissful, and waking up next to her in many lifetimes to come. Somehow that’s the only way for Irene to pull away, knowing that in a not so distant future they could have that.

 

“Wendy?”

 

“Mmm…”

 

“Baby?” Irene tries to stir her wife awake with a kiss on the shoulder.

 

“Mmm?”

 

“What time do we have to pick them up?”

 

Wendy finally peels an eye open, looking over her wife.

 

“That’s okay, Joy is over there so I told her to pick them up and drop them home.”

 

Irene raises a brow. “You do think of everything, don’t you?”

 

“I do. Do I?”

 

Irene smiles before scooting closer and pressing a kiss on her wife’s lips.

 

“Oh! Speaking of birthday, we should go get Jennie a gift.”

 

“Oh. I already got it.”

 

“You did?”

 

“I did. Seulgi said that Jennie is into shopkins these days.”

 

“I thought it was My little pony?”

 

“That was last month.”

 

Irene just leans back, a proud smirk gracing her lips as she looks at her wife.

 

“You do think of everything.”

 

*

 

If Seulgi would have been a little mean she’s pretty sure that she wouldn’t be in this cluster already. This was supposed to be her baby’s birthday, a pizza party in her kindergarten class. But now all she could feel is the tension brewing between the two administrators, none of them took the cue to leave, instead they are trying to squeeze in next to her, interrupting her moment with the most important girl in her life.

 

There was tension, heavy tension where you could feel a crackle everytime one of them breathe or inch closer to Seulgi. It didn’t take long for them to both figure out that if Jennie is around, they are pretty much invisible.

 

But that isn’t going to stop them.

 

Right now, the pretty mom is more focus on slicing up the hotdog before spoonfeeding it to her baby girl. Ms. Kim who believes on the line first come, first serve thinks that if anyone should have a chance with the hot mom, it’s her.

 

“Oh wow, Ms. Kang-“

 

Seulgi hums, glancing away from Jennie to look at the guidance counselor.

 

“This is like the best pizza I have ever tasted, where did you get it?”

 

Seulgi blinks in response, scratching her head as she wonders how to spare the guidance counselor from any further embarrassment by stating the obvious. The young mom looks over to the pizza boxes by the teacher’s desk.

 

“Ummmm from Pizza Hut?”

 

“Oh. Ohhh…”

 

Well, that went well.

 

“Would you like some more?” Seulgi, ever polite offered.

 

Ms. Kim and Nurse Park turn to each other, both gazes in a fiery haze as if it was the trigger for them to start this race. They both open their mouths to place their order, but before they could utter any word, a lanky little kid pops up between them.

 

“I WANT A PIZZA!”

 

“What the?!”

 

Both the nurse and guidance counselor face twisted in confusion, wondering how on Earth did this little girl pop in between them and the object of their affection.

 

“Oh… Lisa?” Seulgi shakes her head, even she was confused on how Lisa just got there. “Of course, let me get you one.”

 

The lanky nursery kid starts bobbing her brows before turning over to the birthday girl.

 

“Two please.” Lisa corrects her and Seulgi chuckles, wondering how this girl could inhale everything in her plate but remains so skinny.

 

“Excuse me, little girl, where is your class?”

 

“In the classroom.” Lisa answers in a matter of fact way. How could adults be so freaking dumb sometimes? “HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNIE UNNIE!”

 

“Does your teacher know you’re here?”

 

Lisa just replies to Ms. Jo, her future kindergarten teacher with a hihihihihi before turning to the older girl. Jennie stares her down with the frown and arms crossed, it was her warning stance hoping the preK know to back off.

 

“I got you a gift, unnie!”

 

“What?”

 

Lisa made a commotion by digging into her jumper before pulling out her finger hearts at the five year old girl.

 

“You have my heart!”

 

Jennie takes Lisa’s pretend heart, not even hesitating to pretend throw it to the ground and pretend to jump on it.

 

“Baby, don’t do that.” Seulgi frowns at what a heartbreaker her baby is. “That’s very sweet of Lisa to give you her heart.”

 

“That’s not her real heart.” Jennie corrects her mom.

 

“I can’t give you my real heart. Or…” Lisa’s eyes grow big in terror. “I will die.”

 

“Jennie has none.”

 

Jennie responds to her frenemy by slapping the juice Jisoo is trying to balance in her head.

 

“We can save one for Chaeyoungie too. Where is Chaeyoung?”

 

“Napping like a baby.” Lisa turns to Jennie. “I’m not a baby, I don’t nap.”

 

“You’re three.”

 

Seulgi glances over to the only teacher who grabs her attention. Eunae barely spoke or look at her, her focus all on her little kids, wiping their mouths and little hands, giving them seconds and making sure they’re in their chair before they get too hyped up.

 

Her eyes trail the beautiful kindergarten teacher as she stands up and walks over to her desk, arranging the mess of pizza boxes, cupcakes and juices.

 

“Do you need help with anything?”

 

Eunae shot straight up when she felt her girlfriend’s hand on the small of her back. Her eyes quickly drifted over to the counselor and the nurse, their eyes narrowed at the intimate touch.

 

“Stop.” She mumbles under her breath, just enough for her girlfriend to hear. “They’re gonna notice it.”

 

“Good,” Seulgi whispers, her tone playful and possessive at the same time. “So, they’ll know who I really belong to.”

 

Eunae turns around and glares playfully at her, before giving in and smiling back.

 

“Here.” Seulgi reaches over the pizza box and places two slices of pizza and hand it to her girlfriend. “You need to eat.”

 

“I will. Thank you.” Eunae turns over to the two, both of them shooting daggers her way with how close she is with Seulgi. Maybe it’s time for her to show these two who Seulgi really belongs to.

 

If you blink then you would miss how Eunae playfully brushes her finger along Seulgi’s wrist, but unfortunately for Ms. Kim and Nurse Park, they don’t blink when Seulgi is around.

 

When Eunae saw both of their jaws hit the ground, all she could do is bow politely before smiling softly. One word playing inside of her head.

 

Good.

 

*

 

Chaeyoung steps out of her class, looking like she just dove into a pool of spaghetti sauce. The little girl looks like a mess but there is no denying the huge smile on her face.

 

“What happened to you?” Joy asked before she takes the little girl’s hand in hers.

 

“I had Pasgetti.” She answered back happily skipping along.

 

“What? Pizza?”

 

“No. Pasgetti.”

 

Joy’s lips curve into a mischievous smirk, this should be fun.

 

“Ahhh… barbeque.”

 

“Noooo.. Pasgetti.” Chaeyoung corrected her once again, this time a frown forming in that cute face.

 

“Oh. Chicken nuggets.”

 

“No. Pasgetti.” Chaeyoung pouts before nudging at her aunt’s hand, asking her to lower herself down so she could teach her directly how to say her favorite food. Or should she say one of her favorite food. “Listen. It’s Pas-“

 

“Pas.” Joy followed along.

 

“Get-“

 

“Get-“

 

“Ti!”

 

“Ti.”

 

“Pasgetti!” The three year old says excitedly.

 

“Ohhhhhh… SPaghetti.” Joy answers.

 

“Yes!” Chaeyoung heaves out a huge sigh, thankful that her favorite aunt finally figured out what she was saying. That’s what I said, pasgetti.”

 

“We are going to pick up your Jisoo unnie in class. Then I’m going to take you both home, your mommies going to throw a fit when they see how messy you are.”

 

GASSSSPPPPPPPSSSS…

 

“JK. You’ll probably just get a bath.”

 

“Okay.” Chaeyoung sighs in relief “Where’s my mommy?”

 

“She’s waiting for you at home, Are you sad that I picked you up?”

 

“No.” Chaeyoung wraps her little arms around her aunt’s side. “I love auntie Joy.”

 

*

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!”

 

“Hi!” Seulgi welcomes her little family with the sweetest smile and warmest embrace before stepping back to let them in the apartment.

 

“Where’s the birthday girl?”

 

“Over there, enjoying her gift already.”

 

“AHHHH!”

 

The adults shot up after hearing Jisoo screech in excitement, her hand on her head and that’s when her parents know that this is serious.

 

“Look who is here for your birthday, baby?”

 

“Hello,” Jennie says in a deadpan tone, her eyes locked in on Princess Peach.

 

The three girls are already gathered around Jennie sitting in front of her TV and in her hands she holds the toy they only saw on TV. Their little jaws drops as they watch Jennie already a master in playing with the new Nintendo switch. Jisoo gasps before turning to scowl at her parents, shaking her head at their failure to provide her with the latest toy.

 

“You don’t need that Jisoo, you still have your Wii at home.”

 

But Jisoo wasn’t listening, next thing the adults know the kids have surrounded Jennie.

 

“You probably bought that so you could play it too,” Yeri points out to which Seulgi just answers with a knowing grin. “Hey you! Happy Birthday!”

 

Jennie answers her with a complete silence.

 

Seulgi was about to lead them into the kitchen when they heard a soft knock on the door. Joy and Yeri already helping themselves with the chips and dip, while Wendy is putting the red velvet cake she baked for the birthday girl.

 

“Hey.”

 

“Hi.”

 

They didn’t even have to look who just came in to know why Seulgi’s voice just turned a whole lot sweeter. But what they did catch though is the sweet kiss that lingered longer than a usual peck.

 

“C’mon.” Seulgi leads Eunae to the kitchen. The teacher’s sweet smile turned into a look of fright as she sees all eyes on her.

 

“Oh! Ah! Hi Hello!” She bows down a little too nervously.

 

“Hey. Hey! You are alright, Eunae.”

 

“Chips?”

 

“No. Thank you.” Eunae bows once again, this time more warmly than the nervous wreck that she was earlier. “I brought the cookies.”

 

“Thank you, Thank you!” Seulgi grabs the paper bag from her girlfriend’s arms and starts placing it on the counter. “I wanted to pick it up after the zoo but I don’t want Jennie to miss her nap. She was already growing grumpy.”

 

“How could you tell the difference?”

 

Seulgi elbows Yeri on the rib.

 

“No. It’s okay. It was along the way.”

 

“Okay, everybody hungry?”

 

All the adults nod in unison, but then they turned over to the TV and all of them visibly gulp at the thought of prying Jennie away from her game.

 

Seulgi doesn’t want to mess with her daughter.

 

Eunae knows the kind of temper tantrum the pretty 5 year old is capable of and don’t want to deal with it either.

 

Nobody listens to Wendy.

 

Joy, Yeri and Saeron aren’t ready to get savagely ripped apart by a five year old.

 

All eyes inadvertently turned over to their eldest unnie. For some reason that continues to baffle all of them, Irene is the only one that Jennie seems to listen to. Maybe Jennie would never admit it, but she’s probably scared less of her too.

 

“Fine.” Irene walks over to the little girls around the room. She got down on one knee, her daughters and Lisa already gulping at the close proximity of the boss. “It’s time to eat now.”

 

The three girls jumped out of the floor like they just sat down on a fire, while Jennie turns to look at her blinking back at her. Everyone could feel the air being away before Jennie just shrugs and said.

 

“Okay.”

 

With her answer the room finally exhaled out in relief.

 

*

 

“So, you’re okay with this arrangement, right?”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

Eunae and Joy look over the counter and watches Seulgi sitting crisscross on the floor next to her daughter, with a plate in one hand and a fork in the other. Jennie barely glancing away from her game, just opening so her mommy could feed her.

 

“Being second. Jennie is Seulgi’s entire world until maybe Jennie turned 80 years old. That’s spoiled rotten little princess is her life right there.”

 

Eunae looks down to hide her smile. “Yeah, I don’t mind.”

 

“I saw those thirsty teachers earlier, they might have given Jennie a gift but they pretty much ignored her the entire time and just continued thirsting over Seulgi.”

 

“I know you guys are amazing people and you are pretty much-no- you are Jennie and Seulgi-shii’s family but Seulgi-shii is everything to Jennie too. I would never ever take away the most important person in Jennie’s life. That’s just… that’s just cruel.”

 

Joy smiles while looking over Jennie and Seulgi once again, Jennie now situated herself between her mommy’s arms.

 

“That’s good to know, Jennie might drive us all insane but that’s our baby right there too.”

 

Eunae smiles before bowing politely.

 

*

 

“Hey.”

 

Seulgi looks away from her little girl and smiles back at her pretty lady.

 

“Hey you. Did you eat already?”

 

“I did.” Eunae haven’t, she won’t eat until Seulgi ate but Seulgi doesn’t need to know that. “Go eat, I’ll feed Jennie.”

 

“No… it’s okay. Jennie’s almost finished.”

 

“No, you had a long day I got it. Jen, is it okay if I feed you so your mommy could eat?”

 

“Go eat mommy.”

 

“No. Let’s finish it so that Ms. Jo doesn’t have to do it.”

 

“No.” Jennie points at the table. “Go eat.”

 

Eunae shot Seulgi a triumphant smirk which earn an eyeroll from Seulgi.

 

“Okay.” Seulgi kisses Jennie on the crown of her head before getting up. “You better be finished with your food when I come back.”

 

“Kay…”

 

Seulgi smiles at her girlfriend, before leaning over to press a sweet peck on her lips.

 

“Thanks.”

 

“You’re welcome.” Another kiss. “Now go eat.”

 

*

 

“ing marry her, girl.” Joy says with vindication as they look over at Eunae. Seulgi tries to hide her smile behind her drink, as she watches Eunae not only feeding Jennie but had now end up feeding all the four girls.

 

“You guys are already doing it, right?”

 

“Oh my God, Yeri.” Saeron groans in embarrassment at how blatant her girlfriend is.

 

“What? You see how they act, very kissy. And you know what they say when couples are more affectionate.”

 

“Well, maybe,” Seulgi answers a little too shakily, but the blush in her face was all the answer they needed.

 

“How many times?”

 

“Yah Yeri!” Seulgi squeals earning the confused look of Eunae.

 

“Go spend time with your girlfriend.” Joy pretty much kick Seulgi out.

 

*

 

“Oh, hi Cutiepie.” Eunae greets the three year old fluttering her eyes at her. Seulgi leans over and whispers.

 

“She wants your food.”

 

“Oh,” Eunae purses her lips as she sees Chaeyoung’s eyes darting on her plate, eyes glowing at her cookie. “Do you want some cookie, Chaeyoungie?”

 

“Yes Please!” The baby said too eagerly.

 

“Okay, here you go.” Eunae breaks a piece of her chocolate chip cookie, giving the bigger piece to the three year old.

 

“Thank you.” Chaeyoung took a bit, her little body shaking in glee at the delightful sweets in her hand.

 

“Chaeyoung.”

 

They turn to see Wendy gasping in dismay to see her baby hustling people for food using her cuteness.

 

“I have your plate right here, you shouldn’t be asking people for their food, baby.”

 

“I didn’t ask, Ms. Jo just gave it to me.” Her baby reasoned out.

 

“She does have a point, Wen.”

 

“Oh…the chewrry, the chewry, the chewry…” Chaeyoung says excitedly, her body shaking as she sees the little red fruit in her plate.

 

“Okay, okay calm down, this is your cherry. No one is going to take it out from you.” Wendy hushed her excited daughter, feeding her cherry before her daughter join the rest of the girls in the front.

 

“Spoiled.”

 

Wendy looks up just at the right time to see her wife with a playful smirk on her face.

 

“Like you’re not.”

 

Let's take our time tonight, girl
Above us all the stars are watchin'

 

All the adults head swerved as the lyrics of the song starts playing, and out of all the people in that room to be singing it, it’s no other than their precious little bub Chaeyoung.


There's no place I'd rather be in this world
Your eyes are where I'm lost in
Underneath the chandelier
We're dancin' all alone
There's no reason to hide
What we're feelin' inside
Right now

 

“Is Chaeyoung singing Bruno Mars babymaking song?”

 

“Are you?” Wendy leans closer trying to make sense of what her youngest is singing. “Are you singing? Baby what are you singing?”

 

“The song in auntie Joy’s car. It’s nice.”

 

So baby let's just turn down the lights
And close the door
Ooh I love that dress
But you won't need it anymore
No you won't need it no more
Let's just kiss 'til we're , baby

 

“Eeeewwww… she said !”

 

“Oh my God!”

 

“Chill, babe. She probably has no idea what she’s singing about.”

 

Versace on the floor
Ooh take it off for me, for me, for me, for me now, girl
Versace on the floor
Ooh take it off for me, for me, for me, for me now, girl, mmm

 

It’s not new for parents to say that their child is the most talented child in the entire world. But Wendy and Irene and everyone in the room couldn’t deny that for a three year old, Chaeyoung already has the singing chops which she clearly inherited from Wendy.

 

“She’s gonna be a KPOP idol someday.”

 

After she finished singing, she squeals excitedly when everyone starts clapping and cheering for her. Wendy though she disagree with the song choice couldn’t help but puff her chest in pride.

 

“That’s so good! So Good! Here you go, Chaeyoung!”

 

The baby shakes in excitement as her favorite aunt just gave her a little red gummy bear. Chaeyoung gasps out loud as she holds the gummy bear like it’s a grammy award.

 

“Thank you! Look mama!” She extends her arm to show off her gummy bear.

 

“That’s so nice of auntie Joy, did you say thank you?”

 

“I did!”

 

“If I sing will you give me one too?”

 

“Shut up Yeri!”

 

*

 

“Can you hold my gummy bear while I go dance?” Chaeyoung hands her precious cherry flavored gummy bear to her aunt Yeri. A mistake her three year old self would soon regret.

 

“Sure. I will save it in my mouth.” Yeri throws the gummy bear in . Her cute niece stares at her with a confused smile in her face, but that smile started growing dimmer and dimmer as Chaeyoung realized what happened to her prize possession.

 

“Where is my gummy bear?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“It’s in my tummy now.”

 

Oh … here comes the waterworks.

 

First comes the pouty lips before it starts trembling that Yeri responded with an eyeroll.

 

Second, comes those brown eyes getting all teary.

 

Third, the little sniffling sounds that got every adult in the room to turn over their way. Yeri quickly spins away when her gaze locked in with her unnie’s murderous scowl.

 

But before Yeri could calm down the baby before she burst out in tears, Chaeyoung already break out her dramatic actress award.

 

“MY Gummy bear.”

 

“Yah! Yah! Yah! Yah!” Yeri was about to go into panic mode now, not even trying to look over at the couch where her sister is sitting. “It’s okay, it’s okay. I’ll get you a gummy bear.”

 

“No. I” Sniffles “want” Sniffle some more “my” Sniffles again “gummy bear.”

 

“What’s going on here, Yeri?”

 

Oh … Too late.

 

“Nothing… nothing… just some-“

 

“Auntie Yeri ate my gummy bear!” Chaeyoung told her mom, pointing an accusatory finger at her aunt.

 

“Are you serious?”

 

“I was just playing with her. Auntie Yeri is going to buy you a gummy bear, okay?” Yeri reassures her.

 

“I want my gummy bear.” She sniffles while her mama picks her up. From the weight of her child, she obviously might not need another gummy bear.

 

“It’s okay baby, auntie Yeri will buy you a gummy bear.”

 

“No.”

 

“Fine five gummy bears.”

 

“Five bags?” The baby asked.

 

Yeri’s lips broke into a painful grin, this little . Cute but definitely still a little .

 

“No just one bag.”

 

Wendy and Irene both cooing their youngest, giving Yeri a good excuse to slowly step away. But just when she thought she had managed to get away.

 

“Ummmp!”

 

She buckled down as she felt someone just deliver a swift kick to her shin.

 

“Ow!” Yeri groans before turning to the little culprit.

 

“Not nice Auntie Yeri!” Jennie said, ready to deliver her justice again if she has to.

 

**

 

“Okay, I think Jisoo had too much sprite already.”

 

Wendy points out when her daughter is just swaying around to the music sipping on her drink. But it wasn’t just Jisoo who is starting to lose consciousness, her little sister is already asleep in her mama’s arms, but was still conscious enough to drink from her pink sippy cup.

 

The birthday girl is already dozing off before searching the room for her mom. Seulgi is already on top of it, already had Jennie’s milk warmed up and ready to go.

 

Even Lisa’s dabs are also slowing down.

 

“Okay, let’s take our picture before these little girls start passing out.”

 

“Okay guys, let’s take a picture.”

 

The three little girls were instantly energized at their favorite hobby. They run over to their mommies, while Lisa stood back with wonder in those huge brown eyes.

 

“Come here you!” Yeri swoops in the skinny little girl. “You can be our baby for tonight.”

 

Saeron smiles proudly at her girlfriend, watching Yeri playfully tickle the little girl.

 

“I…I could take the picture.” Eunae offers but Joy dismissed her with a wave of a hand.

 

“You are basically Seulgi’s wife now, so you need to be in the picture.”

 

Eunae smiles shyly before Seulgi whispers softly in her ear, “Come here.” Wraps her arm around Eunae’s slim waist.

 

“Here, I got you.” Joy offers, holding the selfie stick, angling it to where everyone would be in the picture.

 

“Saeron has longer arms.”

 

Saeron answers her girlfriend with a jab on the ribs.

 

“Okay, one, two, three say cheese!”

 

“CHEESE!”

 

TBC