Until...

One in a Trillion

Their baby princess is in love, so in love and for Wendy nothing could ever sound more terrifying.

 

How could you spare your daughter from a potential heartbreak?

 

How could you tell your daughter that the stacks are raised against her? That the statistics of high school relationships surviving passed happily ever after is as good as nada? That long distance relationship takes blood, sweat and tears… a whole lot of tears to even survive.

 

How could you talk sense with someone whose heart and brain is clouded with love?

 

Their baby princess is in love, so in love and these thoughts are going to haunt her at night.

 

“Baby?”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

Irene’s grunt sounded more like a tiger about to pounce on some helpless prey, rather than a wife answering her beloved. But if Irene thought that was enough to make Wendy back off, well… she should have known her wife better.

 

“Do you think we we’re too easy on her?”

 

“Too easy? Wen, I think she suffered enough from your talk.”

 

Wendy narrowed her eyes at her wife’s little jibe.

 

“But seriously, Love. Do you think we should ummm… punish her?”

 

That finally got Irene turning over to face her, but her expression wasn’t what Wendy had expected to see.

 

“You?” Irene asked looking like she’s about to burst into laughter.

 

“Me?”

 

“You’re going to punish Chaeyoung?”

 

“I’m… well… I’m going to punish Chaeyoung.” Wendy said it once again and this time with more vindication.

 

“For what?”

 

“Wow… for what?”

 

“She… and Jennie… if you think about it… didn’t do anything wrong.”

 

“I…Nothing. Didn’t do anything wrong?” Wendy eyes her wife with such a skepticism. This was Bae Irene who mostly sees things as black and white, was now seeing other shades of colors.

 

“other than not telling us, I don’t… I don’t think she did anything wrong.”

 

Wendy lands back into the bed. “Oh my God, Chaeyoung is in love with Jennie. Doesn’t that… doesn’t that scare you… at all?”

 

Their baby princess is in love, so in love and for Irene nothing could ever sound more terrifying.

 

How could you spare your daughter from a potential heartbreak?

 

How could you tell your daughter that the stacks are raised against her? That the statistics of high school relationships surviving passed happily ever after is as good as nada? That long distance relationship takes blood, sweat and tears… a whole lot of tears to even survive.

 

How could you talk sense with someone who’s heart and brain is full of love?

 

Their baby princess is in love, so in love and these thoughts are going to haunt her all night.

 

“It… it does.” Irene weakly admits. “But what can we do?”

 

“What can we do?”

 

Irene chuckles softly, “Remember when they were kids and Chaeyoung lost her tooth?”

 

That memory alone was enough to stir bittersweet emotions in Wendy.

 

“Oh my God… that was just chaos. I had never seen so much blood.”

 

“Yes, and for the next few weeks she and Jisoo wouldn’t dare run around the house?”

 

Wendy chuckles along with her wife, God… she misses those times, when all she had to worry about is taking care of scrapes and bruises, instead of potential heartbreaks.

 

“Yes.”

 

“That’s… that’s how they’ll learn, Wen. They need to smack themselves hard, get all bloody and teary so they’ll know to be careful this time.”

 

“But…”

 

“I’m worried too, but what can we do? She’s… she’s in love.”

 

She’s in love, their baby princess is in love… But what can they do about it?

 

*

 

Flashback…

 

“Darling… I have your lunch.” Seulgi chirps excitedly, hands holding out her wife’s lunchbox.

 

Eunae who is in the midst of skimming through her students’ folders, welcomes the distraction giving her pretty wife a sweet smile, while at the same time earning a teasing glare from the eternal troll Joy.

 

“Thank you so much.” Eunae inches closer and pressed a kiss on her pregnant wife’s temple. “Remember your vitamins, okay? And don’t stress-“

 

“I got her- I got her-“ Joy says with a wave of her hand before Eunae starts a litany of worry. “Go make some money for your wife and babies.”

 

Eunae smiled thankfully before giving Seulgi another goodbye kiss on the lips. Even after all these years, Eunae still isn’t much of a conversationalist, but what she lacks in words she clearly shows in actions. Because even after all these years, Eunae still looks at Seulgi with the same glow even much more now.

 

The now college professor bends down to give her little baby a kiss on the tummy.

 

“Mommy has to go to work, you have fun with Mommy Seulgi and aunt Joy, okay? I love you.” Another kiss and another kiss on her wife, before patting her stepdaughter on her shoulder. “I’ll see you later.”

 

“See you.” Jennie said without looking away from her phone.

 

Well, this was rare… Joy thought as she watches her niece with that gummy smile while laser focus on her phone. Whoever this girl is must be pretty damn special.

 

“Oooohhh who are you texting?” Joy niece.

 

“Is that your girlfriend Mina?” Seulgi asked while placing the two plates in front of Joy and her baby girl.

 

“Ex…” Jennie corrected her.

 

“What?”

 

“Mom, me and Mina broke up for months already.”

 

“Oh no, I’m sorry to hear that.” Seulgi was genuinely sorry. She met Mina at the talent show, a couple of months ago. She’s stunning and as a dancer herself, she could say that Mina was quite talented herself. She was also all around nice girl, someone she didn’t mind for Jennie.

 

“It’s okay, mom.” She answers absentmindedly, her attention still locked on her phone, with her huge smile as evidence that she’s definitely over Mina.

 

“Mina… I thought your girlfriend was that Miyeon or Mijeon girl?” Joy pointed out.

 

“Both.”

 

“What?”

 

“They’re both my exes.” Jennie frowns thoughtfully. “Well, they’re not my exes. We just dated around.”

 

Joy almost burst out laughing when she sees Seulgi’s face looking like she’s about to have a heart attack.

 

“Wait… there is a difference?”

 

“Yes, mom.”

 

“Like… like…” Seulgi sat down, making sure she can take this all in. “Like what?”

 

The high schooler finally looks away from her phone, “Like if you’re girlfriends, you are exclusive, if you’re just dating around then you can go out with other people.”

 

“You didn’t… you didn’t go out with them together?”

 

“What? No… of course not…” Jennie countered, appalled at her mom’s suggestion. “That’s expensive.”

 

“Baby…”

 

Her mom sounded so worried that Jennie finally looked away from her phone.

 

“You are not playing with these girls’ hearts, right?”

 

“Mom, no…”

 

“Who are you texting now? Is that your future girlfriend?”

 

“Hopefully…” Jennie mumbled so quietly and unsure, so different from her usual confident reply.

 

“What?”

 

“N-nothing.”

 

“Do we know this girl?”

 

“It’s ummm… It’s Chaeyoung.”

 

“Chaeyoung? Chunky baby Chaeyoung?”

 

“Aunt Joy…” Jennie groans from the nickname that Chaeyoung could never seem to escape from.

 

“What?”

 

Chaeyoung might be a skinny legend now but she will always be Joy’s baby Chaeyoung. She will always be the teddy ball who gives gigantic hugs and tells the cutest fairy tale stories. Who would have thought that maybe… maybe this is the mysterious princess charming they have read so many times from books?

 

“She’s not a baby anymore.”

 

“And she’s not fat… We saw her last talent show, and wow…she’s like so… so…”

 

“Soingbeautiful.” Jennie mumbles once again.

 

“What?”

 

“N-nothing…”

 

“I know… I know…” Joy waves them away. “But for me, she’ll always be fat, baby Chaeyoung.”

 

Jennie’s gummy smile returns once again before she stood up.

 

“I got to go… Mom, don’t cook dinner for me, I’m going with Chaeyoung for dinner.”

 

“Oh okay… bye, my love.”

 

“Bye mom, Aunt Joy… bye baby…” Jennie pats her mom’s tummy tenderly before stepping out of the house.

 

They waited a couple of seconds before Seulgi let out a sigh of defeat.

 

“Well… you always wonder what Jennie got from her dad…”

 

“Of all the things, she could get from her dad, it has to be that? I don’t want her to be a player.”

 

“Well, maybe she just hasn’t found the right one yet.”

 

“Doesn’t mean she has to date every pretty girl in school?” Seulgi says worriedly.

 

“Unnie, if she could date every pretty girl in school let her date every pretty girl in school.”

 

“I just don’t… I just don’t want her to waste time with these other girls when the right one could just be there.”

 

Joy just smiles knowingly before sipping on her tea, “I think we don’t have to wait too long for that.”

 

End of flashback

 

*

 

Chichoo: If I tell you that I have a picture of Chaeyoung, how much are you going to pay me for it?

 

Jendeuk: What the ? Are you pimping out your sister?!

 

Chichoo: I didn’t choose the thug life, the thug life chose me.

 

Jendeuk: Chichoo didn’t choose the thug life, the thug life chose Chichoo.

 

Chichoo: Hahahahahahahahahaha… Teddy Bear is so hilarious.

 

Jendeuk: SHUT UP!

What thug life? You go to a private school, your house has a pool and your moms drive luxury cars.

 

Chichoo: It’s lonely at the top.

 

Jendeuk: Good night.

 

Chichoo: You want it or not?

 

Jendeuk: Hell no…

 

Chichoo: why? Is it because you already seen her ?

 

Jendeuk: You’re ridiculous! Good night.

 

Chichoo: It’s a yes or no answer.

 

Jendeuk: Shut up!

 

Chichoo: that’s all the answer I need. I’m gonna tell.

 

Jendeuk: Well, they have to find your body first.

 

Jisoo: I’m going to screenshot this and sent it to the police so they’ll know.

 

Jennie growls irritatingly, Jisoo just seems to grow more insufferable with age. But all her grumbling stopped and turned into a huge gulp when she saw Jisoo had sent her a photo.

 

Jennie thought she’s going to drop dead any second now, but had to will her mind to flipped her phone before she dies of a heart attack. She’s refusing to stoop low to whatever level of hell Jisoo is in. How could she do this? To her own sister too. Jennie should have known, should have known better.

 

I don’t want to see it… I don’t want to see it… I don’t want to see it… I don’t want to see it.

 

“I’m going to delete it…” Jennie convinces herself. “Yes, that’s right. I don’t want to see it.”

 

If her fangirls could see her now, all nervous and rattled at the thought of seeing the girl of her dreams in that way.

 

“Okay, here I go… delete it. Delete… what the fu-“ Was all Jennie could stammer when she saw the picture that Jisoo send her.

 

This motherfu-

 

But Jennie’s irritation melted away into sweet chuckles as she looks at the so called “” picture that Jisoo sent her. Cause there it is a barely crawling chunky little cutie posed as a cherub.

 

The photographer whoever he or she is, deserves an award for making Chaeyoung look like such a cutiepie.

 

It’s not like it’s hard.

 

Chaeyoung is the fluffiest baby with the sweetest smile that could make the most harden criminal go awwww. Her girl could sweep the awards for cutest baby in the world.

 

With the smile playing in her lips, she clicked save, changing her homescreen to the picture of the most adorable baby in the planet.

 

Jisoo: You’re welcome.

 

Jennie: hahaha… Fine. You win. Thanks.

 

Jisoo: Say it, I’m awesome.

 

Jennie: You’re alright. So, what is Chaeyoung doing now?

 

Jisoo: She’s taking a .

 

Jennie plops her head on her pillow with a defeated groan, there’s just no winning with this girl.

 

There’s another picture and the second she clicked it, Jennie fell in love once again. Her girlfriend who has an earlier bedtime schedule, sleeping soundly, rolled up in her blankets and those brows quirked so cutely even just in a picture.

 

Jisoo: she’s drooling… y…

 

Jennie: What are you talking about? That’s sleeping beauty right there.

 

Jisoo: STALKER!!!!!! STALKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Jennie: I’m done with you.

 

Jisoo: Do you want me to kiss her good night for you?

 

Jennie: Bye!

 

*

 

“Did any of you hear the door?”

 

Irene asks, seeing how her two daughters seems to have lost their hearing that same exact time.

 

“It’s probably, Aunt Yeri she can wait…”

 

Irene responds to her eldest with a smack at the back of her head.

 

“Get that door.”

 

“Chaeyoung, get it.”

 

“What? Mama says for you to get it.”

 

“I’m your unnie.”

 

“But- you’re closer to the door!” Chaeyoung countered before Jisoo catapulted to the other side of the couch.

 

“Not anymore.” Jisoo shrugs, before bobbing her brows at her sister.

 

“I’M GOING TO COUNT TO THREE, IF NO ONE OPENS THAT DOOR! ONE!”

 

“I’ll get it!” Chaeyoung answers in defeat, pushes herself out of the couch.

 

“Hi!” But the glowing smile in Chaeyoung’s face faltered when she sees who’s at the front door. “Oh-“

 

“Why hello to you, too, lover girl!”

 

Obviously, news travel fast if her Aunt Yeri and Aunt Saeron who were traveling halfway round the country have already heard the news. The power of social media, her parents (her mom, since her mama is clueless with technology) probably announced it in their group chat.

 

And Yeri is going to enjoy every second of it.

 

“Oh hello, Aunt Yeri… Aunt Saeron… you’re back from your trip.”

 

The two walks in their home with huge smiles and bright tans. Unlike their parents who decided to settle down and have a family. Her Aunt Yeri and her aunt Saeron pretty much decided to F that life and decide to travel around the world.

 

“We are and we came back just in time to hear you and Jennie are dating.”

 

“Yeri…” Saeron smacks her wife in the arm. Even after all these years, Yeri still delights in bullying her nieces. “Don’t worry about her, she was excited to hear you’re dating Jennie.”

 

“Yeri! You’re back!”

 

The couple turned around and see Seulgi and her girls about to walk in… Jennie even after all these years, still has an innate scowl from whenever Yeri is in the vicinity.

 

“Oooohhhh there she is, my favorite niece.” Yeri playfully opens her arms only to get rejected by the scowling Jennie.

 

“Jen, give your aunt Yeri a hug.” Her mom says.

 

“Fine.” Only because you’re pregnant, Jennie reasoned in her head.

 

“Now we’re really family, like legally and all.”

 

“Can’t wait…” Jennie mumbles before her gaze met with the one she’s been meaning to look at all day. “Hey.”

 

“Hey…”

 

And it wasn’t hard to tell who that smile was meant for…

 

“Hey, Wendy is getting dinner ready-“ But before Irene could finished she sees what her youngest is wearing, or should she say not wearing. “Are you wearing that?”

 

“W-what?” Chaeyoung blinks curiously, checking on her outfit. “What’s wrong with it?”

 

“Are you growing out of your shirt? Why can I see your stomach from here?”

 

Chaeyoung looks down on her hoodie, scratching her head in wonder.

 

“Mama… it’s not that big of a deal, everyone wears this now.”

 

“It’s like your hoodie is covering everything but your stomach.”

 

“Oooohhh… she’s trying to look y for her girlfriend.” Yeri even until now, never changed.

 

“What?” Chaeyoung’s cheeks was dusted a cute pink. “Ummm no. I…”

 

She steals a glance at her girlfriend, Jennie pursing her lips together to keep her gummy smile from showing. They already made a silent pact to never let their Aunt Yeri win.

 

“You should start buying you clothes in the children’s section, unnie. If that’s the case, it will save you money.” Yeri points out.

 

“Go change now.” Irene said and without a peep, Chaeyoung sighs before going upstairs.

 

All the adults could look at is the way Jennie’s adoring gaze follows Chaeyoung until her girlfriend disappeared behind her door.

 

“We are so excited to meet your daughter in law, unnie. Oh wait… we already did. Hello Jennie.” Yeri said with that mischievous twinkle in her eye that failed to amuse Jennie.

 

“Aunt Yeri.”

 

“You and Chaeng, huh?”

 

“Yup.”

 

“Oh yes. This is going to be a great dinner.”

 

“Alright… alright… It’s time to pay up.”

 

“What?”

 

They all turned to the door, and who would have thought?

 

“Aunt Joy!”

 

“What are you talking about? You were saying Jisoo and Jennie are going to end up together.”

 

Jennie and Jisoo exchanged disgusted looks, keeping themselves from throwing up at the thought.

 

“You kinda bet on Jennie and Lisa too?”

 

“Thank you, Auntie.” Lisa pops in just in time for the compliment. “I bet on me and Jennie unnie too.”

 

“Well, well, well… who would have known?”

 

*

 

Like every family dinner, as soon as Wendy places every meal down, everyone just goes into a moment of silence.

 

It was Yeri who broke the stilted tension in the room.

 

“So, I’m just curious just like every adult in the room-”

 

“Pffft… adult.” Jisoo didn’t bother hiding her snort.

 

“Be quiet, Jisoo. You might be taller now but I’m still wiser in years.”

 

“Wider in years.”

 

“Pffft brat, anyways, so… when did all this start?”

 

“I mean… Chaeyoung never had an ugly duckling phase, she did have a piglet phase.”

 

“Yeri…” Irene hissed at her kid sister.

 

“What? It’s the year of the pig.”

 

“That’s enough, here my ba-“

 

But before Irene could reach over to the spaghetti casserole to give to her youngest, Jennie had already beaten her to it. She watches keenly as Jennie gently pours the Spaghetti in a clapping Chaeyoung’s plate. Jennie with a teasing look, placing more than what Chaeyoung intends her to do.

 

She’s not going to be affected by it. She told herself she’s not affected by it. She’s happy, yes, she’s happy that her baby girl is with someone she knows since they were young, someone she knows who loves and cherish her baby princess as much as she and her wife does. She’s happy, she is, but how come she felt her heart break a little at the thought that their baby has someone else taking care of her than her?

 

“You okay?”

 

Her wife with her gentle smile woke her thoughts. Irene turns back to her daughter, the glow in her face is just so obvious. Without even trying, she was smiling back at the sight too.

 

“I’ am.”

 

“We want some pasgetti too.” Joy points out to a blushing Chaeyoung.

 

“Ohhhh… remember when you were a kid, you use to call it Pasgetti?”

 

“I was a kid though…” Chaeyoung defended herself with a pout.

 

“It’s okay, babe.” Jennie winced at the slip of the tongue, now she’s going to get it for that cheesy nickname.

 

A beat of silence which for Jennie was even worse, it would only be a matter of seconds before…

 

“Ooooohhhh Babe…”

 

Oh there you go, let the jokes begin…

 

“It’s baby now, then dadd-“

 

Yeri was only interrupted when Irene’s fork and spoon drop with a clang on the table.

 

“Why? It’s going to happen eventually… I mean Jennie is such an alpha dog.”

 

“Is that why you’re limping these days, Chaeng?”

 

Chaeyoung couldn’t have look more confused at the question, “W-what? Why would I be limping?”

 

“Ignore them… ignore them…” Jennie whispers.

 

“So, Jisoo… you’re the eldest and now that your sister is dating, maybe I can help you find someone.” Joy offered her niece, although she doubts she’ll accept it.

 

Everyone stares curiously at the other girl, who for once has a serious expression on her face.

 

“I ummm… I just want someone that when I come home, she will be there. like I when I first step in my home, my house will be filled with her scent and there she would be waiting for me.”

 

Irene and Wendy exchanged surprise looks, they already resigned to their fate of taking care of Jisoo until the girl turned 80 but who would have thought that their daughter could wish for someone too?

 

“I prefer them meaty, I’m definitely checking out the legs more than the . I would also prefer them to be super hot.”

 

Now everyone looks surprise as Jisoo drops those details, who knew she prefers looks over brains?

 

“And I prefer soy garlic flavor.”

 

“Oh my God…” Wendy slaps her forehead, she would have slam it on the table if she could.

 

“What?! Fine… I could eat, super spicy flavor too. Wait… that’s not what you guys are asking? My type of chicken?”

 

“So, Jen…”

 

The atmosphere instantly turned when they heard Irene spoke. Irene was never the type to start conversations, so to hear her voice right now got everybody sipping on their drinks nervously.

 

“Ummm yes?”

 

“Like Yeri was about to ask, when did this all started?”

 

“I ummm…”

 

Jennie was a born performer, it was to be expected as Seulgi’s daughter. She steps on stage and owns it, but right now in front of everyone, in front of her girlfriend’s family and in front of her own girlfriend she had never felt so nervous.

 

“I ummm… from the very beginning I guess.”

 

“You guess?” Irene isn’t too confident with that answer. “You are not sure.”

“Yes, I’m not…. I didn’t know when feelings have change, but somehow it did. I ummm… I’m excited to go to school just to see her. Like when we start texting, I just want to keep on texting her, I ummm… it just grow and grow… I ummm… it scared me too, because I… I feel like maybe that Chaeyoung just cares for me like an unnie and I told myself, I’ll just ignore it, just bear through this feeling until I go away to college then maybe I’ll be over her.”

 

She could see Chaeyoung looking away after hearing that.

 

“But then ummm… out of nowhere, Chaeyoung just started ignoring me.”

 

“Oooohhh…”

 

“I ummm… I didn’t know what happen, if I did something… but I’m glad that happened cause ummm… that’s when I knew… that I ummm… I can’t…”

 

She looks up and could see everyone’s attention locked in to every word she says,

 

“I can’t live without her…”

 

Quiet… too quiet… until…

 

“OH DAMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!”

 

Jennie slowly slumps down on her seat, wondering why she even bothered spilling all of it. But her regret soon disappeared when she sees the soft smile on Chaeyoung’s face.

 

But that break is short lived when…

 

“You’re about to head to college soon, so… did you and Chaeyoung discuss what you’re going to do?”

 

Jennie stole a glance at the girl fidgeting at her side, before ultimately gathering up all her strength to talk.

 

“I ummm… yes, we did. We plan to skype as much as we could and ummm… My university won’t be too far so I could always come to visit, I promise I won’t just find time, I’ll make time for us.”

 

“Ummm… it’s only going to be a year…” Chaeyoung adds. “I ummm… I have been looking too and the university has a music therapy program so I’m hoping in a year or so we could…”

 

“Make babies?”

 

“What? No!!!!”

 

“Oooooohhh they’re going to be in the same university.” Yeri howls. “You know what that means.”

 

Everyone snickers in their expense except for the both of them and their horrified parents.

 

“Don’t worry mothers,” Jisoo says in her heroic voice. “I vow to make sure that these kids always stay protected.”

 

Jennie after taking it in all dinner long, finally let it out. Only to let it out the wrong thing to say.

 

“I don’t need to have protection, doofus.”

 

Everyone stops midway through their meals, their faces smack with the definition of a eating grin.

 

“I mean… I…I…I…” Jennie gulps nervously, trying to avoid Irene’s laser gaze at her. “I don’t need protection because we have no plans of doing anything that we’re ummm not supposed to do.”

 

“Ummm sure…”

 

“I believe you, sweetheart.” Seulgi pats her daughter’s hand in reassurance, which only made matters worse.

 

That was the last of the jokes that dinner and Jennie and Chaeyoung just had to resign their fates for that night. That they would be the of all jokes for their aunts, but when she sees the way Chaeyoung just laugh along with them, eyes disappearing into crescents and laughter ringing in the room like a sweet melody, Jennie knew right then and there that there is nowhere she would rather be.

 

*

 

“A-aunt Irene?” Jennie clears as she saw who just walks in the terrace to join her.

 

She turns around, looking for a place to hide, the pool is a couple of feet away, maybe she could drown for a little bit that will save her from her Aunt.

 

“Where’s Chaeyoung?”

 

Even until now, her aunt Irene still has that commanding tone in her voice.

 

“She’s inside with Lisa, d-do you want me to get her?”

 

“No. She’ll come out eventually.” Irene sips on her tea, but Jennie was still on high alert making sure she’s ready when her Aunt Irene says something. “You and Chaeyoung, huh?”

 

“Oh ummm… yes. Me and Chaeyoung…”

 

Irene wished she could tell Jennie, that Chaeyoung was my baby first, that those soft brown eyes and sweet voice adored me first. I was the first one she runs to, when she has a bad dream, when she has a cut, a bruise and everytime she was hurt, I was the one who was going to make all the pain go away.

 

But now, I’ll be second, while she will forever be my first.

 

“Nobody saw it coming,” Were the only words that Irene could manage to say. “I mean she’s our baby. I guess… she’s your baby now too.”

 

Jennie nods hesitantly before finally having the guts to look at Irene straight into those terrifyingly gorgeous eyes.

 

“I will take care of her, I promise you.”

 

“I know you will. You know how she is though, she hurts easily, cries over the simplest things… so when she does this, just…” The beautiful mom cast her worried gaze downward, fingers thumping on the railing nervously. “Be tough enough for her, for both of you.”

 

‘I ummm… I will.”

 

Her girlfriend’s mom finally looked up, a relieved smile on her face before she says…

 

“I’m glad she’s with you.”

 

*

 

Finally… Jennie sighs dreamily in relief, as she finally have Chaeyoung all to herself.

 

Right there in her girlfriend’s backyard, under the twinkling stars and the sparkling lawn lights she could finally hold her. Jennie checks around, sighing in relief once again to find everyone laughing their selves off inside, as she wraps her arms around Chaeyoung, while pressing kisses on her cheek.

“I love you so much, Chaeyoung.” She softly confessed.

 

“I love you too, baby.”

 

“I love you since I was four,” She looks up from her nook and smiles at her girlfriend’s amuse expression “of course back then I have no idea what it was or what exactly was I feeling. All I know is I want to buy you all the gummy bears in the world just to see you happy.”

 

“One gummy smile from you and I’ll be happy.” Chaeyoung nudges her in the shoulder.

 

“I want to protect you from Aunt Yeri.”

 

“She’s still out to wreak havoc.”

 

“Yup. She’s just having the time of her life right now.”

 

“Baby?”

 

Chaeyoung whispers in the night, her focus on their linked fingers.

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“You’re sure about this, right? I mean… if we’re dating, you’re going to be dealing with the entire family.”

 

Jennie answers with a chuckle and sweet peck on Chaeyoung’s hair. “Babe, I have been dealing with them since I was born…” Jennie turns to look at her girlfriend. “What’s another lifetime more?”

 

Those words was all it took to wipe Chaeyoung’s every worry away, their gaze met and both knew that instant what they want to do, leaning in close to finally…

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHHH THEY’RE GOING TO KISS!!!!!”

 

It was good while it lasted…

 

“Oh God…” Jennie buries her frustration on Chaeyoung’s shoulder, her girlfriend more patient than she is, just chuckling in amusement.

 

“You’re still sure, right?”

 

Jennie looks back up at her, and had never look more sure in her life.

 

“Very sure.”

 

And before Chaeyoung could say anything or before her Auntie Irene could hammer her down, Jennie press her lips against Chaeyoung, finally kissing the girl she had been in love with all her life. Right now, it doesn’t matter who’s watching, let the whole world know…

 

They’re in love and they’ll be in love until…

 

Or until Jisoo and Lisa pops in from the pool.

 

“Yah! What are you two doing?” Jennie screams at the two from the interruption.

 

“Don’t worry little sister, I’ll save you from this evil girl.”

 

“What? Yah unnie! Lisa! Let go…” Chaeyoung’s screeches reached a fever pitch as they drag her to the pool, landing with a big splash.

 

“You’re not safe too, Kang!”

 

And before Jennie could object, she was drag down as well.

 

*

 

From the terrace, the adults look at the four lovingly. For once, they just enjoyed the silence letting the laughter and squeals from the four fill that night but it was more than enough for them.

 

“Yup.”

 

“Yup.”

 

Joy and Yeri mentally agreed, much to the chagrin of everyone around them.

 

“What? What?” Wendy asked.

 

“They’re already doing it.”

 

“Uggggggghhhhhh nooooo…”

 

“This is your karma, you two horndogs.” Joy let it out easily. A grudge she's been keeping since college. “Your karma when we get kicked out of our room, just because you two are doing it.”

 

“What? Nooo…”

 

“They’re doing it… because look at that, they’re so close.”

 

Wendy, Irene and Seulgi were too nervous to even look up at their daughters. Eunae just reassures her wife with a pat on her shoulder.

 

But they look up anyway, all three groans internally at what they saw. Because yup, Jennie and Chaeng are close… so close, super duper close, with Jennie’s arms around Chaeyoung and her lips pressed on Chaeyoung’s shoulder, while still playing around with Jisoo and Lisa.

 

God, they’re close, so close… too close.

 

“Unnie, Wen…” Everyone looks at Seulgi, and it must be the hormones that is making her all teary eye like this. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry for all this.”

 

“Seul… it’s not your fault.” Wendy reassured her bestfriend. “Our kids fell in love, it’s not a mistake.”

 

“I promise to talk to her about it.”

 

“Talk to her about safe , unnie.” Yeri gave her own parenting advice.

 

“Shut up…” Irene smacks her kid sister at the back of her head.

 

They look back at the four. These four girls who they had fallen in love with even before they were born. These four girls that drove them crazy and at the same time kept them calm. These four girls who they are so proud to call their own.

 

There was no denying it, they would adore these four until…

 

*

 

“Wen, did you get the- Oh…”

 

Irene stares in amazement as she came out of the shower and there in their queen size bed was their two girls, laying too comfortably, just chilling with her wife.

 

It was rare, too rare but it was appreciated.

 

“Aren’t you two too old to be sleeping with your moms?” Irene girls, but still happily crawled in next to her daughter.

 

“They’re never too old, Irene.”

 

Wendy said and Irene couldn’t agree more.

 

Irene gave a sweet peck on all her girls before her Chaeyoung, her sweet Chaeyoung curled up next to her.

 

“True that…” Jisoo nods. “Since I’m about to graduate in a few months, me and Chaeyoung decide to sleep in your room every night so we could bond.”

 

“Yeah, it’s just two years… not too long.”

 

“They’re just playing, Irene.” Wendy reassures her wife when she sees steam coming out of her ears. “I don’t mind it at all.”

 

“Mom, mama…”

 

“Yes baby?”

 

“You’re really okay with me dating Jennie, right?” Chaeyoung asked, her tone filled with apprehension at what her parents would say.

 

Her parents exchanged knowing looks before mirroring the same exact kind of smile. Their baby princess is in love, too in love and they have never been so terrified in their life.

 

“We are, darling. Are you okay?”

 

“I- I am.” Chaeyoung just answered so simply, but that glowing smile couldn’t be more obvious. And they will take that, they will take each smile as a reassurance, in the end Chaeyoung knows that if her heart does get broken, her moms will be there with glue in hand, ready to do everything to piece her heart back together.

 

“It’s going to be okay, mom.” Chaeyoung said once again, and even in the soft glow of the bedside lamp, her smile couldn’t be more obvious. “Me and Jennie are going to work it out, until… until…”

 

“Until Aunt Yeri becomes a monk.” Jisoo finished her sentence.

 

“Until… Jisoo unnie becomes taller than me…” Chaeyoung responded too cleverly.

 

“Ooooohhh she went there.”

 

“Until…” Irene paused wondering what she needed to say.

 

There were too many words, too many promises that could follow up that word until. Irene thought long and hard about it…

 

Until the dinosaurs come back to life…

 

Until Jersey Shore wins an Academy…

 

So many words, so many promises but for Irene and her girls the word until, is all they need to hear. All they need to feel to cover any feelings, other words couldn’t express.

 

Yes, their family might go through all this. Her wife might drive her too crazy with her quirks, her eldest daughter might give her high blood pressure with her mischiefs and yes, her youngest baby is going to make her tough with all that softness. But at the end of it all, along with their extended family, Irene knew she and her wife wouldn’t give this all up for anything…

 

Because Search as you might in every corner in the world, but at the end of it all, you won’t ever meet a family as crazy yet as loving as theirs, because her and their girls are just simply one in a trillion.

 

The End

 

And this is it.... for now.... hehehehe.

 

It's not goodbye, it's see you later. hehehehe.

 

Until next time once again thank you everyone who have commented, upvoted and subscribed to this story. I will forever appreciate it.