Chapter 3

Time Lapse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

~~~

 

“ Sorry I ruined your night , “ Jessica said later as she laid her head   against his chest . They laid fully clothed on her bed , their feet intertwined as sought his warmth . He smiled in the grey light of dawn , peering bleary eyed at the half opened window in her room .

 

“ You didn’t ruin it , usually Yoona doesn’t sleep over . “

 

 

“ Things getting serious are they ? “ she murmured lightly .

 

 

“ I wouldn’t say that , “ his arm tightened around her slightly as she nestled to get more comfortable . They had been talking for hours and he was surprised she still had the energy to remain awake .

 

“ She’d be lucky to have you Wookie “

 

“ Hmm whatever you say Princess .”

 

“ Yah , I’m your best best friend for eternity and your ex girlfriend  . I should know .”

 

“ Yes Yes , “ he replied sleepily . It only took a minute for him to drift off . He didn’t know how long he dozed when he heard her again . The light was a little warmer as the sun began to rise .

 

“ Wookie ... I-I don't know what to do anymore . I'm so exhausted , " he heard her faint voice .

 

He didn’t respond immediately , pretending he hadn’t heard her but his eyes blinked open and he stared at her bedroom ceiling . He held his breath for a long moment before her words sunk in and he exhaled .

 

“ She’s gone , Sica she can’t control you anymore . Please don’t let her win . You deserve so much more Sooyeon “

 

“ Wook I’m so scared . I don’t know what to do anymore but I can’t live like this crying every night and believing that Taeyeon would return in arms . I miss her but I can’t live like this . I already failed as a wife but Wook I don’t want to fail as a mother . Please let me and Sinb go . “

 

Wook’s throat ached as he swallowed repeatedly , “ Sooyeon you - I - please don’t go . “ She held him closer for once providing comfort to him but she didn't cry  - her tears had dried up hours ago .

 

“ I don’t want to be sick anymore . I don’t want to be depressed all the time . I can’t function like this Wookie . Please let me go .”

 

“ You have me Sica we can fight this together . You’re not alone . “

 

“ Please Chang Wook . I’m tired , let me start fresh . Please give our daughter the life she deserves… “

 

When he didn’t respond for some time she reluctantly pulled herself up onto her elbow so she could look at him . He was still staring at the ceiling but tears had tracked down either side of his face . She gently pulled his chin down so she could meet  his eyes , her gaze resolute .

 

“ I want to spend what time I have left being a father to my daughter , Sica . Okay? “ he finally replied , giving her his very best attempt at a smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter