In The Beginning - Genesis Of The Ocean

Genesis Of The Ocean
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In the beginning, when God first made land and water, a beautiful, mysterious creature was formed to tend the sea. Friends of Adam and Eve, this creature was refereed to as “mer”. It was a man and a woman, like Adam and Eve, whom only had one job- to take care of the Ocean, to stop it’s life from becoming corrupt. The upper half of their body was humanly, besides the scales that shimmered down the side of their faces, and hands. However instead of legs they had strong, colourful and elaborate fish tails that allowed them to swim and breathe.

The male Merman name was Orcinus and the Mermaids name was Asteroidea. Just like Adam and Eve the merpeople had one rule to follow from God- do not let the ocean be spoiled, tend to it and keep it as pure as one can.

However, unlike Eve, whom willingly ate the fruit, her spawns destroyed the ocean. They polluted it with blood, they stole its animals. Orcinus and Asteroidea taught their descendants the rhythms of the sea. They taught them that each animal mattered no matter how cruel it may be. As the years past on the merfolk grew larger and larger, forming an underwater community.

They had lived in harmony with humans until one day an evil king whom has no name decided that he wanted to capture the merfolk, to force him into his army and attack their enemy’s ships. Orcinus refused this, saying “no blood will be shed by our people, for we work with God”. The evil king however was as sly as a snake. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter