prologue

the eighth

Namjoon didn’t really know what to do. In fact, he was panicking a little. Thankfully, the dorm was empty. What could he say if one of the members saw him lying on the floor, in the middle of his bedroom ? They would probably think that he was a freak - yes, they perfectly knew he was one, but still. He wasn’t this shameless. Like, he wasn’t Taehyung, for exemple. Don’t be mistaken though, he had a good reason to be in this… situation. He was thinking. Thinking hard, in fact. Something was weird these days. He didn’t really know what, though. There was just… this feeling. He couldn’t describe it perfectly, it was just… He sighed, scratching his head nervously. It was driving him mad. He couldn’t thing about anything else, aside from that.

Suddenly, the door opened, making him flinch a little. Yoongi’s eyes were on him, judging him in complete silence. The two young men watched each other without blinking once as Namjoon get up from the floor. Yoongi’s voice broke shyly the silence as he began to speak.

 

“Are you alright ?”

“Hm, yes. Yes, I am.”

 

Everything, from his position to the slight shaking of his voice could make everyone see that he wasn’t that alright, but Yoongi just decided to believe him and to not continue the conversation. Instead of that, he suddenly threw himself on his bed, letting out a sigh of satisfaction. The silence went again on the room, causing Namjoon to look around him, nervously. Yoongi peered at him, curious.

 

“Namjoon-ah, you’re not credible when you say you’re alright. Really. There’s something, isn’t it ?”

 

He didn’t respond, staring at the floor for a moment. Yes, there was something. But he couldn’t talk about it. Or else, it will be taken as a joke, and he just didn’t want that. For him, it was something serious. Really. It really felt like someone was there before, and now they had disappeared. He winced lightly, just for a few seconds, before getting up and exiting the room, leaving Yoongi without any response.

Why did he feel this ? Maybe the others felt it too. Was someone missing ? No, not to his knowledge. Nobody did leave. Obviously nodoby left the band, he thought to himself as he was getting something to drink in the fridge. His throat felt weird and he needed some water. But, he dropped the bottle of fresh water suddenly. Tears were rolling down his cheeks without any explanation. He touched his left cheek carefully, as if he was going to break at any time. His fingerprint were wet. He was definitely crying. Why ?

 

“What the…”

 

He leaned forward to grab the bottle that was on the floor, more confused than ever. Why was he crying all of sudden ? Now that he was thinking about it, he started to cry precisely at the moment when he was thinking about someone leaving the band. He had a bitter laughter. Was he that sensitive ? Well, maybe. He was put under great stress lately, with all the performances, the photoshoots… The idol’s life was hard and exhausting, but he already knew that. He sighed lightly, putting the bottle back to the fridge without drinking. He was tired. And confused. And lost. He just didn’t know what to do with all these odd feelings.

He felt like he was the only one in this situation. Little did he know that currently, every member of BTS was feeling the exact sort of strange melancholia, making them distant, sad, and for some even angry.

 

It was as if they were attacked by their own feelings.

 

 

*   *   *

 

hi there. this is the author note. i don’t really know if i did good with namjoon and yoongi actually… the next chapters are going to be longer, this was just a prologue. the other members will come soon. soon enough, you will see. i hope you enjoyed this little beginning, see you next time ~