HOME

Guardian Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HOME

GuiGui stepped out of the airport. She looked around the area. Everything’s the same.

She took a deep breath. Dragging her luggage with her, she gestured her hands to hail a cab.

***

Earlier…

“I’ll miss you.” YaTou said as she hugged GuiGui.

“I’ll miss you too.” She said as she released the hug.

“If only Taecyeon wasn’t such a two-timing jerk-”

“Hey. It’s not really his fault.” She said, defending him a little.

That day when she went to the hospital to find Taecyeon, she overheard his conversation with Jessica. At first, she doesn’t want to believe what she had overheard. But when she heard that conversation, she actually felt relieved, like a baggage thrown off her chest, which made her more certain about her decision to break off the engagement.

Taecyeon was so shocked when GuiGui mentioned to break up, so in his haste, he admits everything. He and Jessica slept together, and it was a one-time thing. He was drunk and high when his friends decided to celebrate his engagement. He doesn’t remember a thing after rounds of drinking, but when he woke up, he was already bare from head to toe, on the bed together with Jessica.

But GuiGui isn’t mad about this. She told him that even if this didn’t happen, she would still make the same decision. She had to go back.

She knew firmly that her heart already belonged to someone else, and until now it still belongs to the same man. Although it’s true that she loved Taecyeon, the love she had for him doesn’t compared to the love she had for the man who holds her heart. To be honest, she doubts her love for Taecyeon at one point.

She told him the truth about the reason behind her decision, and surprisingly, Taecyeon accepts to break off the engagement.

“Even if he didn’t make that mistake, I will still break up with him.” GuiGui said. She had told YaTou everything too. After all, YaTou has been her best friend here.

“Yeah, I know.” YaTou said, still feeling sad that her best friend is leaving. “Promise me you’ll come back and visit okay?”

“I promise.”

***

“Thank you.” She said to the cab driver after he took out her luggage from the trunk. She turned towards the building. Riverside apartment. It’s been 3 years since she was here. She dragged her luggage and go through the main door.

She pressed the button and wait for the elevator. While she was waiting, she heard a familiar voice called out to her.

“Are you… GuiGui?”

She turned towards the voice. She smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter