Chapter Two

Fallen Angel (An AU Xiuhan Fanfiction)

“Baozi feed me!” Luhan grumbled as he threw his head back angrily and crossed his arms defiantly.

“But I just fed you 5 minutes ago you fatty,” Minseok joked, Luhan lowered his head and glared at Minseok. The glare would’ve been effective, had he not burst into laughter from the mess he had made in the kitchen just 3 minutes prior. “You ain’t getting any food ‘till you clean this darn mess up boi!”

Luhan grumbled but got to work, glaring at Minseok every once and a while. He wished he hadn’t made such a big mess. He wouldn’t have, had he known he would be the one to clean it up. He had made the mess so Minseok had to be the one to clean it up as revenge for not feeding him.

“You’re an angel. Shouldn’t you survive without food?” Minseok asked, leaning back onto the chair he was sitting on as he watched Luhan clean his kitchen. “Can’t you use your grace to do it?”

“I could, but I’m not using it for a measly task as cleaning the kitchen,” Luhan, grumbled some more, throwing a piece of scrunched up paper into the bin perfectly.

“You could’ve just said I don’t want to, I didn’t need a whole speech boi,” Minseok shook his head as he pulled out his phone to check if anyone had texted him yet. He and his friends were supposed to arrange a meeting place so they could finally meet Luhan in person.

Luhan coughed and Minseok looked up, raising an eyebrow to the angry Angel.

“What is it now you doofus-“ Minseok went to ask before he caught sight of his now spotless kitchen. “Wow, my kitchen has never been this clean, how did you do it?”

“Uhm, cleaning, like any other person would do…. Are you ok?” Luhan asked, eyeing Minseok to check if he hadn’t caught something.

“Yes, I’m perfectly fine. Now let’s go eat, my friends have asked us to meet them in McDonalds. Don’t ask me why McDonalds,” Minseok shook his head at his friends antics before standing up and grabbing his coat.

“I wasn’t going to ask,” Luhan responded casually as he followed Minseok out of the door and into the cold streets of Seoul. It was nearing Christmas and for some reason the weather decided to add ‘freezing your off’ to the festive cheery atmosphere to try and even things out. However, Luhan seemed to be as happy as ever, jumping around and singing Christmas songs off pitch and way too loud. Minseok knew for a fact that Luhan could sing, he had heard him singing countless times in the shower when he walked past the bathroom on the odd few moments Luhan showered. For some reason, Luhan had not seen the point in showering. It had probably been because in heaven, or wherever Luhan had come from, they didn’t have the need to shower. But Minseok had convinced Luhan to shower and Luhan was starting to like the times he had to go take a bath. He had said the water was nice and it gave him time to think without getting interrupted.

“Were here, you can stop with the obnoxious singing boi,” Minseok said as he opened the doors to McDonalds, letting Luhan in before walking in himself. He found his friends sitting in the corner booth, the one that was away from everyone but the one that also had enough spaces for the 11 man gang they had accumulated over the years. Minseok’ best friend, Jongdae, waved as Minseok neared their table.

“Hey Minseok, come,” Minseok smiled and walked over, dragging Luhan with him as he went.

“Hey guys, this is Luhan, the guy I told you about,” Minseok introduced Luhan and Luhan bowed, feeling a little self-conscious about standing in front of 10 other guys that all looked like they should’ve been angels.

“He doesn’t look much like and angel,” came the snarky remark from Jongin. Sehun laughed, high fiving the now smug dancer.

“I might not look like one, but I could beat you like one,” a round oh ‘oohs’ sounded around the table as Jongin flushed red with embarrassment. He quickly apologized to Luhan, bowing slightly as he did. Luhan waved it off. “It’s fine, I know I don’t look like one much. I’m used to it, I got a lot of it at home,”

Minseok sat down and dragged Luhan down with him.

“Moving away from the fact he doesn’t look like an angel, can you at least treat him with respect. He’s like 100 or something,” Minseok asked nicely, looking around the table of friends.

“987 actually,” Luhan chuckled, “I never actually told him my age, he’s been guessing this whole time,” The group laughed.

“You don’t look a day over 5 to be honest with you,” Junmyeon spoke up, sounding so serious that Luhan knew he was being serious.

“Second that,” Yixing called out, standing up. “Everyone know what they want?” One after the other they all gave Yixing their order and he went to order it for them.

“Does that mean he’s paying?” Minseok asked. Junmyeon shook his head.

“I said I would pay,” The group laughed. Junmyeon, being the Mom of the group always paid for meals when they went out to eat like they were.

“So how long have you been on earth for, Angel?” Kris asked, finally speaking up after having been staring at Luhan for 10 minutes after the angel had sat down.

“5 months?” Luhan asked, looking at Minseok for conformation of the time. Minseok nodded and smiled at Luhan slightly.

“How have you liked it down here so far?” The next question was asked straight away without any breathe space in between.

“I like it, but nothing can compare to how good it was in heaven. I’m just happy Michael didn’t send me to hell. Hell would’ve been worse,” Luhan shuddered at the thought of hell. “We went to Hell in the 100th year in heaven and it was not pleasant at all. I can’t even explain the horrors down there and what Lucifer was doing to the poor souls down in the pit, not that I would want to if I could,”

“I always thought hell was a bad place to begin with, the name sounds like a horrible place, I’m sorry you had to see the real thing. Is it like a thing you have to do or something?” Junmyeon asked. Luhan inwardly laughed at the amount of questions being asked by that man.

“Yeah, it was to show us why we followed God instead of Lucifer, I guess they hated me saying that I didn’t want to follow either one 800 years later,” Luhan chuckled, trying to show it as being nothing, but the crack in his laugh showed that it bothered him a lot. Minseok put a subtle hand on Luhans’ leg without the others knowing and gave the other a small smile of reassurance. Having lived with the other for 5 months, Luhan had talked about his time in heaven, the good and the bad, and the reason he had been sent down to earth. It hadn’t been a pleasant talk, but Luhan had insisted that Minseok should know. “You guys complain about the war, death and sadness on earth, but nothing can compare to the war and sadness up in heaven. Death is non-existent in heaven, so death is not a way to avoid and get out of the pain, so we have to deal with it. Many angels would rather fall to earth than live out their lives in a place that doesn’t let them decide what they want for themselves. We weren’t given free will, you were,”

The silence that followed Luhans’ story lasted until Junmyeon had to pay for the food so they could eat. They ate in silence, thinking about what Luhan had told them.

“So….” Chanyeol broke the silence. “Have you ever showed Minseok your wings or anything?” Luhan shifted in his seat slightly. His wings were a touchy subject. Being one of the lower ranks of angels, he didn’t have a glorious set of wings like Michael or Lucifer. He had an average set of wings.

“Not yet, it’s only been 5 months I don’t expect him to show me them straight away,” Minseok answered for Luhan as he saw his discomfort. Luhan nodded as he started to calm down. They sat in silence again, but this time it was a comfortable silence. When they finished eating they all said goodbye to each other and went their separate ways.

“I think that that went well,” Minseok said as they walked back to Minseoks’ house. “I think they really liked you,”

“Yeah I guess, they were really nice as well. Junmyeon asked a lot of questions,” Luhan chuckled. “Does he not trust me?”

“He doesn’t trust anyone. He asked so many more questions to Jongdae before he was allowed to join the group. He is very picky about the people we are allowed to hang out with,” Minseok responded. “That may sound bad, but we appreciate the care he has for us.”

“I understand,” Luhan spoke as Minseok opened the door to their house.

“About those wings….” Minseok started. Luhan sighed and looked away from Minseoks’ pleading gaze.

“I’ve already said I wouldn’t show them to you, at least not yet,” Minseok pouted and turned his back. He couldn’t lie and say that it didn’t bother him that Luhan didn’t trust him enough to show him his wings. However, he was also a really good friend and didn’t want to push the other to. “I’m going to bed,”

Minseok turned in time to see Luhan walk into his room and close the door behind him. Minseok sighed. Now he’d done it. Luhan would probably not want to speak to him for weeks. The only other time Luhan had refused to speak to him was when Minseok had laughed at Luhan when Luhan told him the story of how he embarrassed himself in front of Michael, the highest angel in heaven. Minseok shook his head and made his way towards the kitchen. Maybe a drink of water would calm his shaking nerves at asking Luhan such a personal question. He should’ve known that Luhan would say no, why did he have to ask? Curiosity? Probably. He just felt that nearly half a year would be long enough for Luhan to feel comfortable around him to be able to show him his wings. Apparently he had thought wrong. The water did calm him down a bit, however, it didn’t stop him from asking himself the same question over and over again. Did Luhan not trust him to keep it a secret? It’s not like Minseok would whack his phone out to take a picture the moment he saw it. And even if he did, he wouldn’t show anyone unless Luhan said he could, and even then, if Luhan felt comfortable to show other people he wouldn’t want it to be a picture he would want it to be the real thing. Minseok sighed and went to his bedroom, maybe sleep would help him think it through better.