[ son.wendy ]

through colored seasons


A butterfly lands on her fingers grazing the beautiful petals of a blood red rose that caught her eyes, proudly blooming, thorns littering its body. Beautiful but dangerous. Wendy had always liked the plant. It reminded her of someone dear.

"Do you love roses that much, Wan-ah?" Seulgi tilts her head, frowning at the flower.

Wendy only smiled. She checks her wristwatch and showed Seulgi the time. 4:30pm.

"Lisa and Yerim will really murder you if you make them  and Jisoo wait any longer." Wendy reminded and she laughed when the bear scrambled away, leaving a small trail of dust in her wake.

Finally alone, Wendy closes her eyes as the wind blows back her hair, feeling the fresh air of spring and the petals that came with the wind hitting her cheeks. She loves Spring.

"Will every time we meet always be like this, unnie?" A melodic voice interrupts and Wendy opens her eyes in joy, "I get that you like roses but why pay attention to inanimate objects when you have me?"

Wendy laughs, "Just because your English name is Rosé doesn't mean I automatically like you as much as I like the flowers, Chae."

Rosé immediately wraps her arms around the older girl from the back, squeezing her a bit as she burrowed her head in Wendy's neck, "At least tell me you miss me, unnie!"

"Alright, alright, yes I miss you," Wendy grinned, releasing the girls hold on her and finally facing the younger girl.

Her hair had been bleached into a strawberry blonde color, her cheeks had gotten chubbier and she was grinning ear to ear. Rosé had her hands on her back and before Wendy could ask what was behind the younger girl, Rosé stepped back a bit, kneeling on her left knee before bringing out a bouquet of red roses. It was romantic. And dramatic.

"You know," Wendy started with a few hidden laughs, "This doesn't help erase your player image."

Rosé pouted, rubbing her chest area as if she was really hurt and Wendy was forced to accept the bouquet with an amused laugh. 

"I'm forever loyal now, unnie!" Rosé protests, huffing as she stood up, "Unlike, say for example, Jennie unnie."

Wendy nudged the younger girl to lower her voice. If Joy hears it, she'd probably throw a fit about them talking behind her back about Jennie. Joy still likes the girl and their story are forever unsolved, what with Jennie out of the country for some treatment and is still confused with her feelings from what Jisoo had told her. Wendy would've tried to punch Jennie again but she's kind of afraid she might hit the wrong person for the second time, Lisa wasn't exactly happy with her the last time. 

Wendy's just glad that she doesn't have that much drama in her love life. Well save for a few of Rosé's exes that pops out and with Rosé constantly going to Australia every now and then but other than that, their relationship was very much stable. Thank the heavens.

"Watcha thinking?" Rosé asked, interlacing her hands with Wendy's.

Wendy took a deep breath and sighed, "Nothing."

"I'm just content with what we have and happy we don't have many problems."

Wendy was truly thankful with Rosé and she hopes it goes on like this forever. Fingers crossed at least.

 

 

...

 

 

"Do you really trust her that much?" Joy asked, skeptical of a certain fellow junior and Wendy nodded with a smile.

Joy frowned, seemingly deep in thought as they walked to their lockers.

"Why?" Wendy starts, "Is something wrong, Joy?"

The latter shrugs, brows still furrowed before she faced Wendy, "She's kind of a chic magnet you know?  I mean everyone at class is literally trying to get her attention save for me, Lisa and Yerim." 

Wendy sighed. Okay so maybe another thing about Rosé is that literally almost everyone wants to be her girlfriend, even if she already has one.

Rosé was beautiful really so it wasn't a surprise but her voice, Wendy thinks, may be one if the major reasons. Wendy loves it and they often found themselves jamming to songs whenever they were together. Wendy smiled. Rosé was anything but dishonest to her so the least she could do is trust the girl.

 

 

...

 

 


Trust is like a sheet of paper, so they say. Once crumpled, it could never go back to the way it was.

Cherry red lips meeting someone else's, another body pressed against her, sweat trailing down their necks and as Wendy watched the scene with an aching heart, she felt her trust slowly crumple and tears spilled from her eyes. Everything became a blur.

She didn't see Rosé push the girl away, didn't see the furious look or her screams of anger before Wendy's wrists was grabbed by her hands. Wendy slapped it away.

"Let go." She hissed, eyes hateful, heart hateful.

Rosé looks pleading, only tightening her grip, "Wendy, you know I wouldn't —"

"Wouldn't what, Chae?!" Wendy screamed, "I saw enough! I ing trusted you!"

"Please, Wendy—"

"I've never let anything get to me, Chae! Despite the monster they painted you out to be, all I could see was you and your words and promises! I should've known it was a trap."

"You're— you're so ing despicable, let go of me or I'll ing make you."

Rosé stared at her hands gripping Wendy's wrist, her hair covering her face as she looks down but she was trembling and Wendy almost fell for it.

She grabbed her wrist back again and this time, Rosé's hold had loosened and Wendy stepped back.

With hoarse voice and pained eyes, Rosé looked up to her and Wendy felt her heart sting, "Do you really think that?"

Cheeks tear stained, eyes dull and lips trembling, Rosé cries in silence. No sobs or hiccups, just tears continuously flowing and Wendy almost regretted her words.

Almost. Because she's still unsure, she still felt betrayed and confused and maybe they need to distance from each other. 

So with a heavy heart, Wendy turned her back, her feet moving despite the growing need to turn back and hug Rosé and she walked away.

At least, for now.