The start

Our Dark Secret

I see some guys running off, is jin there as well? I try to take a better look at them, but they are running so fast. It does look a bit like him. Or.. I can't quite see if it is him or not, I suppose not... He isn't that close to them. I take out my phone to check the address one last time. Y/N send me the address, not sure why but I am so nervous to see her tonight...

I head past the alley the guys run out of, would... I stop walking and I head a bit back... Did I hear that right? I try to listen better and there it is again, a grunt... A..

"help.." Softly, but it is there... Wait.. Is that Y/N voice?

"Y/N!" I call out her name and I hear some kind of pained sigh in return... Omg.. I run in the alley and there is she lying on the floor.

"Omg.. Are you okay?" I run closer to her and kneel down, only to find her avoiding my touch... What..I strike some hairs out of her face but her eyes are closed, I look down and I quickly take my eyes off her...

"What happened?" I ask her quietly and I can see tears rolling down her cheeks, we both know that she doesn't have to tell me what happened.. I take off my jacket and lay it over her to cover her.

"Y/N don't be scared it is me..." She finally opens her eyes and she can barely open her left eye

"Ji-Jimin.." Her voice shaking.. I swallow back my tears and I nod.. "I will call the cops okay, just.. Hold on a second"

I called the cops and they will be here any second.. I kneel back down to Y/N and I softly her hair, I help her up and she quickly wraps her arms around me.. She is shaking so much.. I try to warm her up, wrapping my jacket over her shoulders.

The cops arrive and after splitting us up for a second, I tell them everything. How I found her lying in the corner, skirt ripped.. One shoe off... The guys running.. I try to stay calm and not get mad..

"Can I go to her?" I ask the cop after I answered all the questions and he nods.

I quickly walk to Y/N and slowly approach her, she is scared of me at first but slowly lets me get closer and holds my sleeve for support. Looking scared at all the men around her. Luckily they had in mind the situation and a female cop was question her about the whole situation, she is approaching us again and she gives Y/N a warm hearted smile.

"Okay sweety, we are now going to the hospital." Y/N is still holding onto me closely and the officer also mentioned that I can come with them. We finally arrive at the hospital and they need her to undergo some tests and after being in silence the entire ride she turns to me and looks so scared at me

"I I don't want to go... Jimin.."

"Heyhey, I will be right outside, okay? I will be waiting here for you. Don't worry nobody is going to hurt you" I try to give her some encouragement and I look at her leave with the doctors looking so scared and fragile.

 

A few weeks have passed, 2 weeks, almost 3... They explained to me how victims of.. Victims of ual assault may handle the situation, but they also made clear that everyone handles their situation different.

and from all the scenarios I had thought of I never thought that Y/N would close herself off, complete delved into her work. Getting even better grades. Completely shutting everyone out, not talking about it, as if it never happened.

I knock on her door and Shay lets me in "Jimin, hey.." She pulls me into a hug and Lilly also welcomes me with a big hug

"And is she.." They shake their head and I didn't really expect any change "Well I brought some nice snacks!" They are preparing everything and Namjoon has now arrived as well. I walk to Y/N rooms and give a small knock on her door before entering it.

"Jimin?" She sounds surprised and I give her a smile. She looks so sick... "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see how you are" She gives me a faint smile and as usually tells me she is fine, perfect. "We are going to watch a movie, you should join us"

"I can't I have a test tomorrow" I walk a bit closer to her and at first she looks tensed but she relaxes soon enough "I am sure that you already know everything there has to be know"

"Still a lot to go trough" She gives me an apologetic smile and I don't see how I am going to convince her otherwise

"Y/N you can't hide in your books forever, when you are ready I am here" She looks surprised at me and I give her a soft wink before heading back to the others.

"How is she?" They all look curious to me and I am not sure how to answer this question "She isn't okay, but she is getting there"

 

~~~

"Y/N!" I take my headphones off and I see Jimin standing in front of me, smiling so brightly holding up a box "I brought you some cakes" He smiles so brightly that I can't help but smile back. He sits down in front of me and hands me the box I open it and it does look delicious.

"Why this sudden surprise?" I take on out and take a little bite, aahh so sweet!

"Well I am glad that you like them..." He gives me a smirk "You finished first of all your classes this quarter so I thought we might as well celebrate it"

"You are to sweet" I hand him a cake as well and we are both enjoying this little treat.

"So what are you going to do in the few weeks of freedom?" We are walking to my dorm and I divert my attention from avoiding any contact with men to him

"I am not sure yet, I may ask for an extra assignment or study some cases"

"Well that sound like lots of fun, how about a weekend to a nice cabin?" I look at him confused "Your girlfriends, some of my friends, you and I"

"Well, that sounds tempting, but... I.." The thought alone of being around any other boys then Jimin makes me shake... It is already hard enough in class to endure it.

"Don't worry, no strangers will come with us. Namjoon, Jin, I was planning on inviting some of my other friends as well, but if you are uncomfortable then"

"No. no... Invite them." We are standing in front of my door and he looks confused at me "It is simply a step that I have to overcome, nothing much"

"Y/N I wouldn't call it just a step, you don't have to overdo it, I shall just not invite them just the guys that you know and are comfortable with."

"don't be ridiculous! Invite them, it will be fun" I open my door and Jimin still looks concerned "Hey thanks for the cakes, I really enjoyed it." I give him a hug and a big smile "Invite your friends!" He gives me a hug again and we walk to the living room

“So I will invite them, you better go and pack, prepare... I will see you Friday!” He walks out and I text the group. They are all excited, but somehow, I can’t but feel anxious. I haven’t really been alone with any other guy except Jimin. I don’t want to be around guys, I try to avoid them. I try… I take a deep breath, no… I have to get over this, the only way to do that is just to face it, right?

 

“You sure you want to do this?” Shay is standing beside me and we are looking at the cabin, I give her a sight look and she nods “Yeah I know a bit to late to ask.” The girls drove in one car and the guy sin the other and we can all see clearly that they are already in the cabin.

“Let me get your bags, ladies!” We look at the guys walking towards us and Namjoon is soon by us and kisses Shay and gives me a hug. I can see doubt in his face and I hit him “You two are to cute” He laughs and Shay leaves with him after I give her a nod, they don’t have to treat me like I am made of porcelain, I am fine.

“Here give me that.” Jimin slowly approaches me and takes my bag from me. He looks a bit shyly when he takes it from my hand, his hands do feel soft. But the only thing I manly think is about.. I feel myself tensing up a bit by hearing a man voice of my sight as well.

“Don’t worry, I will introduce you to the guys soon” I nod and he leads to the cabin and shows me the rooms.

“You can share it with Lilly” I nod and it looks nice. Somone is calling Jimin and he seems to doubt if he should leave me alone or not “Jimin don’t worry about me” He nods and heads down.

“a he gave you the nice room” I hear the same manly voice as before and I tense up “Sorry didn’t mean to startle you” I look at him and he gives me a shy smile “I am Yoongi” Wearing a hat he doesn’t seem like he would be attending our university “I am Y/N” He looks down by hearing my name and it seems Jimin told them, what I am happy about “Jimin talks about you all the time” I raise my eyebrow and he chuckles “Supposedly you are amazing, funny, pretty, great. You have a lot to live up too” I laugh at his words and he seems happy about that

“Thanks and don’t worry I will” He laughs hard and Jimin is shouting for him “Well excuse me,, seems like the kids can’t do anything without me.” He leaves and once again I am alone.

I try to stop my hand from shaking and I look outside the window. He is a good person, they are good persons. I am fine.. I am safe.. I repeat it over and over. I am safe…I am safe.

 

“Wow this is good, you guys made this?” Katie is babbling away and Lilly rolls her eyes. The guys nodding excessively, they made it… I scoff “You might want to hide that box over there” I point to it and Kat gets at the guys for it.

“I saw you brought work with you” Lilly pouts at me and I nod “When I can’t sleep”

“Who said you were going to anyway” Katie jumps in and wiggles her eyebrows “She has a crush on Jin” Shay hits Katie and she wrubs her arm “What it is true”

“So many things are true, just like you slept with the entire football team” Lilly bites back at Katie and seems like it might get out of hand

“I had…” I take lilly’s arm and she sighs “Seems like you aren’t up to date Kat”

“Up to date to what?” We all look up and seem she is finally here “I am sorry for being late. I am Jin.”

 

We are all sittin around the fire basket and it is nice to feel the heat of it. Lilly sits next to me and so does Shay. We are all listening to Kat flirting away with Jin. They try to comfort me, but I am fine. I have denied any kind of contact with Jin the entire night, I felt his gaze on me, but something about him makes me feel uncomfortable.

“Ladies interested in a movie?” Namjoon appears in front of us and I nod “I am” they agree and we all stand up “Jimin, want to see a movie?” I also look at Yoongi and they join us.

“Can I sit next to you” Yoongi walks past me and Jimin sneaks up beside me “I would really like that” He blushes a little and I nod. “Okay” he smiles so brightly. How could I ever deny him. We walk away, but I can see Jin’s eyes on me. He looks a bit disappointed. Because I am going to sit next to Jimin? Who knows.

 

                                                            ~~~~~

Looking at them all going inside, I can’t help but listen to Jimin and Y/N conversation. It does make me jealous. I look at them going in. “Movie how boring” Kat puts her hand onto my leg and I can’t help but want to shake it of me, I move my leg a little, but she still doesn’t seem to notice “yeah…”

“So tell me something more about you” She winked at me and I try to be nice, but the only thing I want is to get away from her.

 

Finally, able to shake Katie off me I head upstairs. Seems like they aren’t watching the movie downstairs. I head up the stairs and I bump my shoulder onto someone else

“Sorry” I stop by hearing her voice and she is also looking at me “Don’t’ worry about it” she nods and is about to leave “Are you getting something?”

“Yes we are watching a movie, so I am getting some popcorn”

“Do you know where it is?” She shakes her head and I walk down the stairs again “I will help you”

“You don’t have to” She is still standing in her spot and I look at her, she is looking in a bit of fear at me and the only thing I want to say to her is don’t’ be afraid. Don’t fear me, please don’t. “Too late” She laughs and heads down with me. I can’t tell her that, I need to keep my distant to her. Even though since the first time I saw her beautiful eyes on me, I wanted to know her.

 

“You don’t want to watch the movie with us?” I give the popcorn to her after carrying it upstairs for her and I shake my head “Thanks you” She still looks distant of me and it drives me crazy “It is nothing” I walk away and look in her direction before entering my room, she is already inside. Seems like she didn’t even give me a second look.

“Well good morning” I bump into Y/N again and she almost seems annoyed by seeing me.

“Hello” She walks away and I am not sure what I have done right now.

 

I study her during breakfast and the only people see seems to be talking to are her girlfriends and Jimin, she must not have overcome what has happened to her. I look down and I feel someone putting his hand onto me “Yo want to come swimming?” I nod and everyone seems to be heading to take their stuff. I try to talk to her, but she is busy talking to Jimin…

“Why aren’t you in the water?” Everyone is in the water having fun, but Y/N is sitting by the side, I sit down next to her and she studies me “Why aren’t you”

“Well..I..” Her look is making me feel flustered and I can feel myself turning red and chocking up “I don’t want to get sick, I am trying to gather some extra points over the coming weeks” I awkwardly tell her the truth and she looks surprised at me, almost in disbelieve “You are what?”

“Yeah I know I am such a nerd…” I sigh, I hoped she would be different and she is looking even more confused at me “I thought you were one of the popular guys, friends with Jared and all.”

“I was never close with them and recently cut ties with them completely.” She nods and looks ahead, I hear Jimin calling her name and she puts her book down “I didn’t like  you because  thought you were friends with them, seems I have to rethink that” She looks at me and even slightly smiles at me before running up to Jimin.

He wraps his arms around her and she tries to avoid him, since he is wet, but he pulls her close and they take a few pictures together. They do look cute together, but I can’t help but feel this afwul feeling of jealously in my stomach. I shouldn’t but I want to be the one holding her while she is laughing.

 

                             ~~~~~~~

The weekend is over and here we are again, the library. My second home as Shay called it. Talking about Shay she did mention she was bringing over some food for me, but yet I can’t see her anywhere.

“Y/N?” I look up and yes.. It is Jin. He smiles and holds up a bag. I raise my eyebrow at him and he gets a bit flustered “I bumbed into Shay and Namjoon”

“Yeah  you are good in that” He chuckles a little and sits down in front of me

“They said they were going to you, bringing you food. So I said I was going to the library anyway.” He hands it to me and I take it. I am so hungry. I thank him quickly and he smiles

“What are you studying?” He takes my book from me before I can answer and he nods impressed “Wow… That is impressive”

“Nothing that impressive, just some cases abroad”

“Still… You are also taking extra classes?” I nod and he smiles at me “How nice” he takes out his own books and food

“You know I took that class as well”

“You what?” I let his words sink in and he nods “so that is why it is impressive?” I scuff and he laughs “Partly, I did find it hard. So…” He takes a bit from his food and I study his gentle features. Every girl always looks into his direction when he walks down the hall. I used to be one of them, but now….

“Why are you still here?” He looks surprised at me and opens his mouth but he says nothing “Do you want me to go?” Putting down his pen he looks worried at me “I am sorry I don’t want to make you uncomfortable”

“It is fine, just… Keep your distance” I softly mumble it and he nods excessively and I look back at my book and continue working, while eating a bit here and there.

I sneakily look up from my paper and Jin is working hard. He is even frowning. He takes another grape and misses his mouth. I can’t help but laugh and he looks at me. I look down, but I can’t help but laugh “Well I am glad that my misery makes you happy”  I mumble your welcome and he is now also laughing.

 

“You want to walk you home again?” Jin rushes over to me and he is even puffing a little “That little walk has you out of breath?” He nods and I can’t help but chuckle “Well so much for protection.”

I asked Jin the first day we studied together to walk me home, I didn’t want to walk home alone. I didn’t feel safe, I just. I can’ walk the street alone at night, not yet.

“I would like that” I accept his offer as always and he smiles satisfied at me

“Who ever thought that we would be so close” He walks besides me and he seems so happy with the fact that we have become close. I shake my head and makes me think, almost home I ask him “Katie wanted me to ask, when you are going to contact her. If you have a girlfriend and…” I don’t remember the last part, but I look at Jiin and he almost seems annoyed “Seokjin you want me to, just say I didn’t ask” He nods and I laugh “I will.” I head upstairs and I wave at him. Still standing there checking that I am safely inside.

There is still something that doesn’t feel right about him, but that feeling is getting more and more pushed aside by the fact that he is kind, sweet…That I am falling for him.