The end of the world

Our Dark Secret

College, College! Me and my friends are shouting out loud and it is impossible to hide our excitement. After graduating together, we were so excited to go the same university together. It is amazing that we are all, we are even sharing the same room, seems like nothing can ruin our college time. I can't wait to share this experience with my four best friend, Katie, Shay and Lilly.

We enter our little apartment and it looks great! Lilly locks arms with me and gives me a big smile “I am so excited! We are going to the same university, living together! It is going to be great!” She bounces off, she is so cheerful. I put my bag into my room and I open the window, I love my view…Looks amazing!

“Wooww  your room is amazing!” Katie walks in and she wraps her arm around my shoulder “Aren’t you excited! We are finally here”

“I know right! I can’t wait to have our first lecture” Katie nods and I am glad that we are going into our first lecture together.

“Okay guys come!” Shay calls us and we quickly walk to them and she is holding up a camera “I placed it on here, timer so get your posses ready!” We quickly line up the 4 of us and we switch our posses up by every click and end up laughing and taking ugly pictures of each other. I step back and can’t control my laughter, I do love these girls.. We are truly going to have a good time here.

 

Stepping the first steps into my first ever lecture are terrifying, I am so excited, nervous, everything at the same time. Katie and I sit down in the second row a the front while everyone else is pretty much fighting for a spot in the back.

"Look at them.." Katie scoffs and leans in a bit closer "They will be gone before first semester is over" I let out a little chuckle, but I don't agree with her, sure some might be gone, but not all have to be irresponsible to sit in the back, right? I look back in the front and focus back on checking if I have everything..

Two pens, my notebook, my mac, my water...Yes I have everything, Katie and I smile at each other. This is the start of our new life, of the college life and oojj Boy am I looking forward to it. When the lecture is about to start I drop my pens and I can't reach for them, great..Just my look, Kat only has one pen...I try to reach for them when I feel the guy sitting one sit away from me carefully coughing and holding a pen up for me

"Here" He gives me as shy smile and smile back, making his smile grow broader and his eyes dissapearing in a cute half moon, I feel my cheeks burning up and I quickly turn my head to the professor trying to explain that this won't be ease. 

 

                                                                                                            * 6 months later *

 

"I will be home late" Katie shouts out and Shay and Lily nod, I ignore her and hear her slam the door. After six months of the "college life" we all found our own place. Shay, Lily and I all became the top of our classes and are joining the honoursprogram, but Katie became a party animal, going to every party, bringing home a different guy every week or so. It has become impossible to recognize my once best friend.

"Hey..What happened to you and that guy, that handed you the pencil?" Shay continues our conversation from before Katie announced she was leaving and I dive back into the story

"Well he handed me his pen and then  

The professor gives us a 15 minute break and Kate is already off to gets some coffee, this lecture excisted of me trying to note down everything and keeping Kate awake every 5 seconds 

"So what did you think of the lectures so far?" I hear a soft, but yet manly voice at my left and when I look up I see that it belongs to the guy that handed me the pen "I loved it" I embarresly look down and he chuckles "good that means you will be staying here" 

We both start geeking of and within 15 minutes I pretty much found out everything about him, by starting off his name, Jimin." 

"Wait what!? This was about Jimin all the time?" Shay looks surprised and I nod "You guys wanted to know how I met him, well this is how" They have known Jimin pretty much the first day I met him and he and I have become best friends. We start talking a bit more about boys and Shay gushes about her new boyfriend. After talking waaay to long about boys, we start studying again, but Lilly seems a bit distracted and sure enough after a few minutes she finally asks us what she has been building up the courage to do so. 

"Should we ask her to study with us tomorrow?" Lilly shyly asks us and I can see Shay already objecting. "No way, she will only hold us back. Asking us every second, what does this word mean?" She mimics Katie voice and we can't help but chuckle a little

"Well we can offer it, then it will be up to her to decides if she wants to or not" I give Lilly a smile and she looks grateful at me "But she will hold us so much back" Shay still isn't really on board and I can't help but understand... "Then we will study extra hard today, so tomorrow will be our day off" I try to convince her and she nods.. Lilly gives her a hug and keeps on thanking her. She is too adorable.

 

"Katie come sit here with us" Shay calls out for Katie and I look up from my book, Katie looks exhausted. She stayed out until so late last night, waking us all up. "Okay Okay I am sorry for waking you guys all up... Spare me the lecture"

"Well..." Lilly hands her a cup of coffee and guides Katie to her seat where her books are already laid out before her " We weren't going too"

"But give us any ideas. " I fall in and I can see Lilly giving me a warning look and I raise my eyebrows, what... I would have giving her a lecture.. "Anyway we thought we could study together today, catching up to the past lectures, prepare for the upcoming finals.."

"Since when do you guys need to catch up" She scoffs and I can see Shay holding back "So we will start now until noon"

"wait what..?!" Katie gives Shay a nasty look and I quickly jump in, seeing that Shay isn't to keen either "With breaks of course" Katie's look softens and we all sit down and start to work fast. At least the three of us...

“Y/N do you get this?” Katie asks me something and I take out my earphone and I see Shay giving me I told you so look “What paragraph? The one of yesterday or?”

“Ehm.. this one” Katie shows me the pages and she is so far behind… “Kat this one is of 2 weeks ago…”

“Well better explain quick then...”  I roll my eyes at Katie but quickly tell her the basics but she is looking glassy at me “Here read this article then you will understand it better” I send her a link and she start reading it. For a few minutes it is totally quite and only the hearing of our pens, ticking of our keyboard are heard, until Katie sighs and breaks the silence by asking us a question

“So have you guys seen any nice guys yet?”

“We are studying Katie” Shay tries to focus again but Kat butts in once again “No we were going to study with breaks so…Shay have you seena nice guy yet?”

“I have” Shay answers shortly and Katie seems shocked, Lilly and I have known since the start of their relationship, but she never told her..

“Who? Did you guys kn-“ I give her a small nod and she falls quite “ Well how is he?” Avoiding the fact that shay didn’t bother to tell her, she tries to act interested and she might really be

“His name is Namjoon.”

“What?” Katie face drops and looks even a bit disgusted and I kick her under the table, but Shay already noticed “How nice..” Katie fakes it and Shay scoffs “He is really nice.”

“But.. he is such a nerd” Katie tries to bring it up carefully but hell is about to break lose… I put my pen down, how am I ever going to make this situation less worse then it already is..

“Guess what, we all are nerds! You are the only party animal here!”

“That is not true! You guys also like to party”

“No we don’t..” Lilly lets out a little objection and Katie shoots arrows at her “come on Katie don’t be like that” I try to calm her down but she seems really hurt and angry

“Just because we don’t like to be with the party animals, the popular kids doesn’t mean that Namjoon is bad or that we are!” Shay gets up but looks at Katie one last time “And you wondered why I didn’t tell you”

“Katie…” I let out a sigh and she looks at me with a what do you want look “We have been your friends since kindergarten but you have changed so much, that we don’t feel like we know you anymore… Only partying, just… We would like to see the old you back.”

“So what you guys don’t see me as your friend anymore?”

“We still do, but we just would like to see a bit more of the old you back and not just the party animal” I do my say and walk out to see if Shay is okay and Lilly tries to explain to Kat more how we are worried about her.

Shay and I talk about what just happened and I listen to Shay tell me how great Namjoon is, he is caring, he helps her, he studies hard. And I am so happy for her, she had a bad relationship before but it seems that Namjoon is truly treating her like a princess..

“You know it is great to see how much you two like each other”

“yea I am happy to have found him…But what about you, didn’t you say you liked this guy”

“Ohh… I feel my cheeks burning and I nod slightly.. Thinking back to the first time I saw him

 

I look trough the papers, so much… I put them in my back and head out of the college room, the past 2 months we all have been working so hard and now we entered the honors course, what is amazing. We got to meet new people, find new ways to develop ourselves, just amazing..

 

“Y/N are you on your way? I am in the library” I tell Lilly I will be there quickly and head to the library only to bump into someone when trying to enter.

“Ohh” I feel two strong arms rapping around me and catching my fall, I open my eyes only to meet two brown eyes starring straight into mine.

“I am sorry” I mumble and I quickly walk on, feeling his eyes on my back, I turn around one more time and I see some of his friends have joined him, but his eyes still looking at me…

I quickly sit down next to Lilly and we start to study, hour passes and it feels like someone is looking at me, I look up and… it is him, the guy.. His eyes focused on me, smiling, wait is he smiling at me? I ignore him and look back at my book, hearing some loud boys pass our table.

Ughh those guys… The popular guys the only thing they do is make a lot of noise, nothing more… I follow them in my eye corner and I can see them walking to that guy “Jin!” Jin? He looks up and he seems shocked to see them, I see… one of them… I look back at my book but I can’t help but look one more time at him, he seems flustered… I could have expected it, that handsome, he should be one of the popular guys…

I try to fall asleep but my thoughts keep on drifting off to Jin… He really had a handsome face, broad shoulders… The  way he smelled… Ughh… I kick of my sheets, I shouldn’t think of him, he might be handsome, but… ugh… I will never see him again anyway…..

 

“I haven’t seen him again, so yea..”

“But you liked him?” I think about it and it isn’t that I like him, I hardly know him, but I did find him attractive “I  think he is handsome”

“Love at first sight…” Shay teases me and I softly hit her shoulder “Wait what was his name again?”

“Jin, why?”

“Wait what? You are sure?” I nod and Shay almost jumps up “I know him! Namjoon is friends with him!”

“What? Jin is friends with Namjoon?” Shay nods and squeezes my hands so tight “He can introduce you two!”

“Shay please don’t…” I try to plead with her, but she is already on the phone and I just feel like hiding… 

 

“Okay guys we are going out!” Katie walks in and we both fall quite “What?” Shay looks disgusted and Katie throws a dress at her “Come on, one party, since I studied with you, you guys go out for one night?” Lilly looks at us hopeful and Shay and I give in “Okay okay…”

“Yeaa! We haven’t been out together since we entered uni, this will be great!” Katie claps her hands… She truly became one of those popular girls, Shay and I share a look and I see she noticed it as well.

“Okay lets change, eat and go to the party” Katie chooses our outfits and already head to the kitchen before. I look at the dress she handed me and it is to short, way to short. I am not going to were this..

“Here I will help you pick something” Shay and Lilly take me by the hand and they pull me into my room and I can’t help but laugh. We start goofing off and Shay even mentions to invite Jimin and I love that idea. Eventhough we were suppose to go with all the girls, it would be nice to have Jimin there, it would make things a lot more fun. 

"Jimin!" I quickly call him and he greats me enthausiastly as well "So I have a question, what are you doing tonight?" 

"I was going to study, why?" 

"Well the girls and I are going out, do you want to come too? Can be after you are done with your studies?" 

"I am not sure Y/N" 

"Aah please it will be fun!" Shay and Lilly help me convince Jimin "Come on Jimin, Y/N will have so much more fun if you come as well! She really wants you to come!" I give them a dead glare and they both stop giggling..

"Anyway, is true... It will be much more fun if you come as well" I feel my cheeks burning and knowing Jimin he must be red as well

"Okay, I will come" I thank him a thousand times and after hanging up I try to chase the girls but we only end up cheering... This makes me a bit confused as well. I like Jimin, but with everyone saying that we are such a nice couple, it does become hard not to think about it...The only problem being, I can't get Jin out of my head...

 

We are all eating an Katie did a really good job cooking, all ready to go we are all eating careful not to ruin our make up. I do like the way I look, a nice dress, at knee height, not to tight. Unlike Kat…I don’t agree with her outfit but she does look great in it.

“Okay girlsss lets go!!”

 

We head out and we walk to a big house, knocking on the door and Jared opens… Ugh..I can’t stand him, Shay also rolls her eyes and Lilly evens looks passed him. Jared, the ultimate bad boy, skipping classes and pretty much just living off his parents wealth. He studies us all and I can see him giving Kat a kiss… We are all pretty grossed out but try not to show it so much.

“Welcome you guys!” I can feel his eyes on my behind when we pass him and I am glad when we are in the big crowd

“Wow never thought so many people were here” I agree with Lilly but Katie scoffs “What did you expect, he is Jared” She waves to some girls and leaves us to talk to them

“Well guess it is us three” Shay links our arms and drags us off to find a place to sit.

 

We drift of in some conversation about Lilly next project when I feel someone starring at me, I look up and the person quickly turns away.. Was that Jin? I feel my heart beating fast and I try  to look past the people.

“Y/N what is wrong?” Shay calls for my attention and I just mumble I toughed I saw someone “You know you shouldn’t be bothered by them, just let them be” Shay whispers and points out the guys that are starring at me. I feel myself freeze a little, I never liked them, friends of Jared… I try to avoid there glances but it just makes me so uncomfortable.

 

After a while there stares become impossible to ignore, it is like they are undressing me with there eyes, I turn to the girls and Kat is now also with us "You know guys I am going home, I don't feel to well" The girls are a bit dissapointed by my choosing to leave this party, but I really don't feel comfortable here. The way the guys are checking us out is just disgusting, the way everyone is drinking... Ugh.. it is just not for me, I like to party but just not in this way.

After insuring the girls that I will be fine and I will tell them when I have arrived saftly home, I quickly head out. I let out my breath and it so clear to see, so cold outside...I wrap my arms around me and walk on faster.

"Krr.." What was that! I turn around and I don't see anyone, what was that sound... I pick up my pace and I can hear laughter behind me, are those..? I walk even faster, those are the guys of the party... I try not to freak out, should I go and run? I turn around to glance at them and I can see them all joking around and still following me. Okay yea I should run... I start running but I can hear them talk clearly now

"Come on! She is running! Quickly catch her" Unable to identify who is saying what someone catches on to me and pushes me down. "Nooo!! Get off!!!" I fall, try to fight, someone hits me over the head and it goes black...

I wake up foggy, not seeing clear, not being in a clear state of mind... I feel someone touching me all over...Multiple... Ommg.. It wasn’t a dream... I try to fight, but my arms and legs aren't responding, I can hardly keep my eyes open.. I keep on mumbling no but even after a while my mouth stops listening to what I am screaming inside. I feel fear overcoming every sence I have in my body and I try not to black out…This can’t be happening, please, please someone safe me.

 

"What are you guys doing!" I hear a new voice, is he going to safe me, have my prayers been heared?? "Good you are just in time to join the fun..." I feel my heart sink and I fall back into darkness, popping back up on and off... only picking up half of what they are saying.

Are they fighting now? No one is touching me now but they seem to have a good argument on whether or not to... to... "Then you do it, mister right.. Or I will, we all will"

"No.." I feel my heart beating in my ears and I can't believe it, I never thought... "fine then I will" I feels someone starting to grab me on the side, my , tugging my shorts "No stop I will..." the hands are forcefully removed of me and I black out again... No this can't be happing..

No..Please don't..Please....

This will be the end of the world as I know it, this will change me....