| CHAPTER 1: INITIATION |

Boundary: Behind Closed Eyes.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Explanation of AU (If you guys haven't read the special notes on the foreword I recommend you read it. Even if you had, read it again because it has been such a long time since this were updated. Sorry btw)

 

Public:

- Mostly average people use a slightly see through blindfold so they can still see where they are going but people who uses a completely sealed blindfold uses cane to navigate around.

- Most people communicate through calls and voice message with a voice command feature (like SIRI).

- Public transport are the most common mode of transportation & most of them are auto-driven meaning it is handled by an AI.

- Personal transport are rare but exist with auto-drive. You can drive but it needs to be in a heavily tinted vehicle.

 

School:

- Lesson taken using voice notes.

- During exam each students have their own personal cubicle.

- There is no P.E but students are obligated to use the school's gym at least 1 hour every week.

 

Bodyguard training and official (since Kyungil will be going to one):   

- During physical activity, trainees are allowed to wear a heavily tinted black sports glasses.

- During confrontation or training with other trainees and trainers however, trainee are obligated to wear their original blindfold to avoid eye contact.

- When you are officially a bodyguard, you can wear the heavily tinted black sports glasses during your job.

- Only take them off when you're really in a dire situations.

 

That's all the information for now. I swear this feels like I'm writing for an AU for a roleplay (-__-|||). Also, the information may or may not be used in the actual plot. This is more of an in-depth explanation in case you're curious on how things work in this universe. Oh well, onto the first chapter.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

When you've lived your whole life in the dark, the night does not seem as scary anymore.

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Kyungil's POV:

 

Blind people are rare but there's not much difference between them and normal people anyways. Normal people wear blindfold to cover their sight. Although not completely, the blindfold covers most of their eyesight and most of what other people see. If you were given a permission you could even wear a see-through blindfold or sunglasses. Of course this were only reserved to people with normal colored iris. Depending on the colour of your eye and the people whom eyesight met you, it will either have a drastic effect or nothing at all. So, such permission are hard to be passed as the people wearing such blindfold might get affected by other people without them knowing.

 

Eyes are said to be like a blackhole that any people in sight. Blindness is the same as wearing a blindfold. In fact, being blind gives you more advantages especially among member's in society. Employer doesn't need to worry about them accidentally or purposely opening their blindfold to hurt people around them. Sure blindness are regarded as powerless. But they are not looked down upon. Society are much more less forgiving of them compared towards people with rare eye color. And this is how I'm supposed to be treated like... like a criminal. With eyes like mine, getting a job in itself is a miracle. Most people like me works in the 'shady business' place. I got lucky as I was escorted to work at a bodyguard company. The training was hard but after a while you get used to it.

 

Who am I? I guess I should start from before I got to where I'm at right now. I've been blind my whole childhood. I don't need a blindfold. My iris has always been... white. But it's okay. I've got my family and friends to help me. They guide me when I fall or trip over something. After awhile you'll know how to stand on your own. On my fifthteenth birthday however, everything changes. Suddenly I got my eyesight back. It was okay at first. What I got however, made me lose some. The first few days, I could see a variety of beauty: shapes, colors... I could see movement. After a while, something else came out... the color people called Red.

 

The Red comes in different shades. Some comes out dark, some comes out bright. The darker shades comes out of the people whom I cherish and love. Splurting. The lighter shades brought along with it heat. I heard screaming. Stop. I didn't understand. I've never seen it. Everything was new to me.Since my eyes were never a main concern for them. They never told me anything. About how special and powerful a pair of eyes can be. I've heard some of it but not all.

 

When I first got my sight I see everything but my eye color. The day my friends visited me since I got my sight back was the last I will ever saw them. Everything turned downwards since. First it was my friends... then, one by one my family got affected to. My eyes, it was agitated. I only noticed it after all the destruction I made. Amidst all the rubble and red, I saw broken pieces of mirror and I saw my reflection. I saw a color I've never seen before. It looks sparkly but solemn. Its calm and dark. I saw a pair of bluish grey iris looking back at me. That's when it clicked. This is an unusual color.

 

I remembered the first few days when everything was calm... I saw it on the tv. Movies. Dramas. News. From killers to Psychopaths. They all have it. A pair of glittery but grave color. The bright and warm colored ones are always the hero. I thought it was all fiction, but now it made me think: Am I one too? As the police pushed me down, covering my eyes, my wrist and knees touched the ground. I was sedated. When I woke up, it felt like I was in a confinement. The room I was in was wide, but felt restricted. Every breath and movement that I take, I could hear the sound bouncing back.

 

My eyes were still blindfolded. Suddenly I heard a voice questioning me. I struggled. I was a brat still. They knocked me out with another tranquilizer when I tried opening my blindfold. The next time I woke up, I lost feeling of both my hands and feet. They put me in a straight jacket. The material was so tough it dug on my skin.

 

A few days later they stopped the interrogation. With my eyes still blindfolded, they brought me to a less confining room. "Kyungil-ah", I heard my mom. I almost cried in happiness. When the ordeal happen, I never saw my mother so I knew she will be safe. I was about to call for her until she said, "We're going to send you to an institution". I was confused but just as I was about to ask her, she left. I heard the clicks and clacks of her high heel. She didn't even turn back once. Cold. I tried asking the people around me of what happen. None of them told me what happen. They told me however, that during the ordeal fortunately no one died.

 

Later that day, they brought me to the institution. Somehow I got used to the darkness again. I was afraid to open my blindfold even when alone. I refuse to use the privilige I just got. I refused to see the world. Whenever I open my blindfold, I would close my eyes in contempt. What's the use of your sight when all it does is hurting the people around you. The world is too beautiful for you. You don't deserve to look at the beauty around you... when all you have done is destruction.

 

In the institution there's quite a number of kids my age and some grown ups. The institution is really just a high school for problematic child. I continued my studies there and everyday there's a commotion whether people were fighting or people trying to run away. I tried not to stand up but that doesn't really work. I even tried to make friends but things doesn't really go my way. Almost everyday people tried to fight me. At first I managed to get away. After a while I fight back. One unfortunate day however, one older kid managed to sock me in the head. The side of my forehead got cut but that's not important. My dark world becomes bright again.

 

Red. There it is again. My blindfold got pulled away by the hand that were striking me. I saw the guy who looked back at me through his slightly see through blindfold. The guy was no more. All I see was the red that was engulfing him.

 

The sec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter