Chapter Three

Ice Cold

"Hyung," it is stupidly annoying that my heart started beating abnormally just by him calling me that way, I felt my lips turned upward, giving him a warm smile. "Krystal and I are going out with the guys, to go drink coffee, and catch up with the guys." my heart sank with the mention of Krystal's name, even though he did say that the other guys will be around I want to scream about denying to come. 

Reasons, I need to come up with reasons to stay away from them. And a perfect chance came by that I embraced it (literally), I thought Iwould be pushed in the corner because of what I did, but he hugged me from my shoulders too. "Kyungsoo and I can't come, we'll have to visit the library." his deep voice made me smile a little, and I hugged him even tighter because I can't utter a word. My heart sank way too deeper than the last that I think I won't be recovering for a while, he broke the hug and held me by my hands and we gave another apologetic smile towards Jongin's direction. 

"Thank you so much, Chanyeol." I said, a sigh escaping my lips. I tugged on his arm lightly so that he would let go of mine and I could go on my way, and cry my eyes out. But he didn't budge, not even an inch, and held my hands tighter. "We're not gonna go visit the library, let's go drink some coffee instead." I was about to decline but his eyes showed me nothing but eagerness to stay with him, and so I did. "Just this once, mm? I really am busy, with all these projects, assignments, and everything." I declared, I expected that he will oppose and be positive about it but he just let out a small adorable smile and he let me rant about it. And it felt amazing, to be able to let out stress once and for all, without feeling the restraint or being too clingy or awkward while doing this. "You look very adorable when you do things," he said, his hands clasped together, his lips smiling really wide, and his eyes remaining attentive to whatever I do, as if he's watching a documentary. And this is really overwhelming, to have someone like him to do this, to even throw me attention. 

"You are becoming unusual, Park. I know that you were once a friend during highschool, and you still are, but still this is unusual." instead of receiving a proper answer, even a denying, I did not get any, he lead me out the coffee shop and just talked to me. Maybe he was knocking some sense into me, since I know he, is aware of my feelings for Jongin too. "Just don't do it too much, Kyung. I don't want you hurt." his words sounded so sincere, his hugs felt so warm I wanted to melt right into it, but my heart wasn't reacting as it would to Jongin's touch, no matter how much I wanted to say that I would be better off if I liked this guy in front of me instead, heart is kinda stupid. So that'd be out of the picture, at all. 

"Kyungsoo.. have I told you yet about my feelings?" his words came out a little lighter than the other, carefully weighing out everything, looking for answers within my eyes. "I love you, and it's for real, I hope you can see that. And no matter how much you love Kim Jongin, I'm gonna overcome that. You're gonna love me more than him, I am declaring that Kyung." and without any hesitation, his lips touched mine. And in the corner of my eyes, Kim Jongin's silhouette came out of nowhere. And I am out of breath and my mind swirls in confusion, what is happening?