First hint of insanity

Battle Royale: Me, it's me!

 58 REMAINING

"Up next, #29!" The PD called as usual, and a participant that was considered a thread stood up, as he made his way towards the cart of bags and weapons, several other trainees did the dramatic gulp, the boy was sure that they would use that as evil edit on screen. If they even bothered to edit this already cruel . Almost everyone was intimidated by participant #29, except for one other, because he knew that boy better than anyone else. But when #29 glanced at him, even he felt a chill down his spine. It was probably the strongest A class trainee, and was even on the PD's list of possible winners and would be portrayed as one of the favourites. It was the boy from Offroad, Kim Namhyung. They all had to leave through one entrance, so Namhyung knew that he had to watch out for lurking dangers, so he first scanned the surroundings from behind the open doorway, before stepping outside in the forest. He immediately ran to the side to hide in the nearby bushes, people might call him crazy, but Namhyung decided to do so for two reasons. One, because he wanted to know as much as possible about the other participants, who was a thread, and who wasn't, and two, because he wanted to team up with Jung Dongsu (#58) and possibly take some young kids under his wings on the way too. He noticed some rustling at the other side of the main exit, and the participant could spot two other boys lurking too who got called out earlier. After some lurking, Namhyung was pretty sure that those two were #14, Lee Gwanghyun, and #21, Kim Dongbin. They seemed to not do anything, but were sitting way too visibly, he had to do something. After the next trainee left the building, Namhyung quickly stood up, immediately getting the attention of the two younger participants, their expressions grew hopeless quickly, because strong and manly Namhyung was way too close for their comfort. As Namhyung tried to shoo them away and warn them for the danger, they grew more afraid, and started to back away. To see those two young boys afraid of him, it seriously hurt the Offroad member, but at least they were getting further away from the danger. "Hurry and go! It's dangerous here!" Namhyung finally spoke, and he saw the boys' faces relax just a slight bit, before they discussed with each other for just a moment, and Gwanghyun and Dongbin ran away together. Namhyung hid away again, because right after that, Donghan (#31) jogged out of the room, and ran just straight ahead with an expressionless face. It was going to be dangerous, but Namhyung really wanted to wait for Dongsu, he just had to. They would go down together, or... Namhyung's face changed as dark thoughts made their way into his head, maybe they should win together... No, he thought as he quickly shook the thoughts out of his brain. He was a good older brother to all the cute kids, he couldn't just let them die. As more trainees passed, Namhyung kept silent, and he felt his legs getting more and more cramped because of his awkward position. Who was the next trainee to come? Namhyung forgot who it was...

"#35..." the PD called out. No reaction. "#35?? Last call before you don't get supplies?" Still no reaction. Everyone stared at the #35 rank trainee with wide and scared eyes, and no one really dared to help him out because they were so afraid something might happen to both. Trainee 35 was Park Woojin, who was blankly staring ahead of him as he was breathing at an unhealthy quick pace, he was about to pass out, and the other trainees probably guessed that he was hyperventilating. "Hey, Woojin!" Someone called out as he reached out to shake his shoulders, and the boy immediately flinched and stood up. "Too late, 35, you won't be getting any supplies." Woojin stared at the PD for a few moments, before running out the room at the speed of light without showing any expressions. It was like he was an android. When he ran outside, Namhyung flinched because he was so quick and loud on his steps. But as soon as he had made a few meters distance from the exit, the BNM trainee suddenly stopped. He just stood there, staring ahead of him again while breathing even quicker than before. Namhyung was contemplating if he should call out for the kid, because he noticed that the poor boy had no supplies. But right when he wanted to stand up and head over to the younger, that kid collapsed on the ground, crying the life out of his body. Namhyung thought it was too risky to now get close to the other, so he sat back down again, waiting for the little one to calm down. The boy had a complete mental breakdown as his heartwrenching sobs filled the area around the building. Danger was lurking... Woojin really had to watch out and get himself together quickly, or he would be caught quickly. The next trainee was already there and froze on the spot when he saw the other. It was Lee Woojin (#36), the youngest. He gulped heavily, but decided to not help and ran away to the side, barely missing Namhyung. That man could understand, it wouldn't be easy to help out a broken boy, let alone an older one. Namhyung told himself to let the boy be, untill he really needed help. It felt like only seconds had passed when the next trainee appeared in the doorway, he was walking calmly, but when he saw Woojin, the boy immediately felt tears welling up in his eyes, out of regret that he didn't call out on the boy earlier. It was the trainee that had made Woojin react to the calls of the PD, but too late. He calmly walked towards the younger, who looked up at him with bloodshot and wet eyes, filled with fear. "Hyung..." Park Woojin managed to speak with a shaky and broken voice, and there was a dramatic silence, like this was a drama. Namhyung watched the new appearance closely, considering the quite strong trainee a dangerous threat, but he seemed to be a good person. "W-what should I do now... Hyung?" Woojin started to sob again, but he didn't once look away from the other trainee, who slowly squat down to be on the same height as the younger, moving slowly and gently while looking right back at the kid, so he wouldn't feel scared. "Woojin..." Seongri (#37) spoke gently while running his fingers through the soft red locks of the young child. "You don't have to worry... Stay with me, I'm fine with sharing my supplies... I'll help you out." At his words, Woojin calmed down before pulling the other into a hug, mumblind silently. "Seongri-hyung... Thank you so much-" he could barely finish his sentence, because a squeak was heard. As all the trainees in the area were alerted, Namhyung, Woojin and Seongri all reverted their eyes to the newly exited trainee. He stared at the duo with wide eyes, before a second scream was heard, from further away, and soon after that, a third. As the three trainees looked at the direction of the noise with wide and surprised eyes, Namhyung reacted quickly and shot up. "Hurry up and leave!" he ordered the other trainees, who all flinched at his sudden appearance. They didn't react, frozen on the spot because they were so afraid. "!" Namhyung cursed out loud as realisation came, "Dongbin and Gwanghyun!" He started sprinting towards the direction where the screams came from, and where Gwanghyun and Dongbin ran to, while the other three trainees left the area quickly, the duo together, and the other trainee, Yoon Jisung (#38) on his own.

It didn't take long for Namhyung to reach the place where it all happened, and he was greeted by a terrifying sight. As the boy looked around, his heart sunk, immediately regretting the choice to come to try to help the two boys. It was all too late. Namhyung was already breathing heavily because of the running he did, but his breathing was now incredibly shaky and quick, from disbelief, anger and also fright. The sight made him want to puke, but it just didn't come, because there was a strong survival instinct inside him, that forced him to stay strong, so his stomach just kept protesting, making him feel nauseous. In front of him were two corpses, freshly killed, he was sure, because to his disgust, the blood was still pooling around them, and Gwanghyun's body was still slightly twitching. He must've been the last to be killed. Dongbin had his throat slit, and Gwanghyun was stabbed in the stomach several times. The killer must've ambushed them first, and then took on the defenseless Gwanghyun. Namhyung had expected that he would cry bitter tears if he saw one of his dear friends dead, but the only thing he now felt was boiling anger, towards the killer. He slowly looked up from the bodies towards the boy that was standing in between them, his pink shirt full of blood stains of the boys, his hand still tightly gripping onto the knife that was dripping with dark red fresh blood. His eyes were blank, and he was just frozen on the spot. It was like the killer was a statue, an A class statue. When Namhyung couldn't hold his anger and started to groan in a very intimidating and angry way, like a cat that was defending his territory, but even more than that. He was almost an alpha lion. With the groan, the Offroad boy swore that the other's eyes changed just the slightest bit, a slight bit of humanity in that empty shell of a trainee who had lost his mind even before the game started properly, the boy was afraid of the dangerous older trainee in front of him. "You..." Namhyung spoke slowly, keeping his eyes on the other, "Number 26..." While saying that, the trainee slightly glanced at the other's number before looking back into his empty wide eyes again, "Or should I say..."

"Ahn Hyungseob."

Namhyung didn't feel any fear anymore, not for himself, but for others that might fall victim to the Yuehua trainee, or some other killer. Hyungseob immediately backed away, keeping the same distance from before. But Namhyung wouldn't let himself be caught by that kid, and charged at him in a swift movement and before both of them realised, Namhyung was choking the younger while yelling random angry curse words at him, the dirtiest of the dirtiest curse words, words he would usually never use. No, he was a proper and polite man, but this just took it all away, because he was in such a rage. Hyungseob wasn't even struggling and just hung loose, gasping for air as his skin became colder and colder, first becoming red, then purple and blue. When the older saw that, he felt an odd feeling of guilt and sadness, and he immediately loosened his grip, leaving Hyungseob gasping for air. "Dammit!" he yelled at himself, not being able to kill someone with his big heart. "Ahn Hyungseob! You better ing run away before I change my mind, and don't even dare to harm anyone again!" It was like Hyungseob was human again after escaping death, and that the choking session made him regain a bit of sanity. His eyes had changed, but it still wasn't the old Hyungseob. He backed away slowly while nodding at the older, dropped his knife and ran away like a little rabbit in the fields. Namhyung sighed before leaving the death scene as fast as possible too, and returned to the exit. Trainees were still coming out of the exit, but they were reaching the end. Namhyung had to only wait for a few minutes before Dongsu (#55) finally appeared. His groupmate immediately approached him, surprising the older. But there was something about his expression that made Dongsu sure about his innocence. The A class had stayed surprisingly strong, but seeing his groupmate and best friend made the realisation finally take over, and as he stepped closer and closer, the urge to cry grew too, and as he was standing right in front of the older, tears started streaming down his face, but he just stared right into Dongsu's dark eyes. "Namhyung..." Dongsu cupped the other's cheeks, furrowing his brows, "Something terrible just happened... right?" Namhyung only nodded before falling into his best friend's arms, sobbing harshly as the older calmly comforted him. They stood still like that for just a minute, untill a loud gasp alerted them, both looking back at the exit, where someone was aiming his gun at them with a shaky grip. "Don't you dare do anything..." Dongsu warned while hiding the younger behind him like he was a child before speaking the other's name. The last trainee.

"Lai Guan Lin..."

Participant #21: Kim Dongbin DEAD

Participant #14: Lee Gwanghyun DEAD

 

Hello, it's me! Sorry for the long wait but I like took a break from produce 101 and I still didn't finish episode 6 lol but bye to the first of my top 11 T^T

also I noticed that Jihoon and Sungwoon are actually having their real rank as number it is freaking me out!

What did you think about the final line-up? I was crying of joy because Sungwoon unexpectedly made it since he was my only fave left together with Daehwi

And i'm warning you, if you're such a fan that calls out on other trainees who made it because your fave didn't I'm going to ban you from this story.

Please comment as much as possible because they stir my desire to update even though my writer's block is still going strong. But I'm going to try updating all my other stories first (but whenever I say that I don't do it lmao) and first up is the Boys24 battle royale.

Imagine if I did the Boys24 one with all of them too, Insoo, Taedong and Gwanghyun would be in two of them at the same time oh poor kids.