2/2

Mixing colours
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

1:35 am Baekhyun was hiding behind a dilapidated wall of an old book store in the Hogsmeade praying that Chanyeol hasn‘t heard him.....

 

                                             

 

  ☆         ☆         ☆

 

Earlier that day Baekhyun told Chanyeol that he‘ll be at Jongin‘s dorm for the night „It‘s our movie night, we haven‘t had one in a while“ – he lied. Baekhyun swears that for a split second Chanyeol‘s face turned into a hurt expression before he smiled his usual bright smile and said „Have fun“.

A warm feeling spread through Baekhyun‘s chest thinking about a possibility of Chanyeol wanting to come to that imaginary movie night. But he can‘t let his feelings ruin the plan.

So now, after lying to Chanyeol and bribing his friends to cover for him, he was left on his own.

Baekhyun casted the invisibility spell and was about to masterfully maneuver himself through the gate without guard noticing him, when he saw Chanyeol casualy walking to his direction.

„Why is he not using any spells? The guard will see him! Has he bribed the guards?“-Gryffindors mind was going into overdrive.

„Hey Chanyeol. You‘re a bit late tonight. How is your sister?“ – the guard inquired.

„Yeah I‘m running a bit late tonight, taking a nap when I‘m this tired was not the best idea. I fell asleep. And my sister is better, thank you for asking“ – he replied.

„I didn‘t know he had a sister“ – Baekhyun thought. But before he could finish his thought, Chanyeol started moving so Baekhyu scurried after him.

They had been walking for a good half an hour when it started raining.

Baekhyun was using his wand to keep invisibility shield around him, thus he had no way to protect himself from the pouring rain. Shivering and silently cursing he followed Chanyeol down the road when the unexpected happened. Baekhyun sneezed.

In a total panic mode Baekhyun dived behind the dilapitated wall of an old book store in the Hogsmeade, praying that Chanyeol hasn‘t heard him.

 

☆         ☆         ☆

 

Like a child he closed his eyes and held his breath, forgetting about the invisibility spell he was suppose to be keeping.

Next thing he feels is warmth. He opens his eyes and sees Chanyeol looking at him. But instead of anger or betrayal, he only sees concern and worry in Chanyeol‘s eyes.

„Are you ok? Why are you here? Were you following me? Are you cold? I‘m not sure if my robe is enough to keep you warm.“ – Chanyeol said in one breath.

„I...I....I.......was following you“ – Baekhyun said looking down at his fingers. „I just need to know if your a death eater or maybe a thief or...or.... I don‘t know........I just can‘t let myself fall in love with someone ....bad“ – he finished in a quiet voice.

Chanyeol was taken aback with a sudden confesion, but his body moved before his mind started to understand the situation. So now he was hugging Baekhyun, both drenched in water from the rain because Chanyeol‘s  rain resistence spell was long forgotten.

They stayed like this for a couple of minutes before Chanyeol took Baekhyun by the hand and started walking again.

„Where are we going?“  -Baekhyun wishpered.

„I‘m showing you that I‘m not a death eater or a thief. So prepare to be disappointed“ – he said and squised Baekhyuns hand harder.

 

☆         ☆         ☆

 

They were walking for a couple of minutes, in total silence. Only dangling keys brough Baekhyun back from his thoughts.

„Where are we?“ – Baekhyun asked

„This is J. Pippin's Potions shop. I work here.“ – Chanyeol said, releasing a sight.

„Work here? But ...you‘re a student and a rich pure blood at that“ – Griffindor said while looking around.

„I thought we already established that I‘m not rich and actually I‘m not a pure blood either“ – Chanyeol said looking through the wardrobe. „This should fit you“.

Baekhyun took the odd looking robe, still confused about this whole situation.

„I know you‘re confused, but I really need to make these portions right now or I’ll get fired. Just put the robe on  and sit over there. I’ll explain everything when I’m done. I promise“  - said Chanyeol.

 For the next hour Baekhyun watched Chanyeol. It was fascinating how concentrated he was as he carefully measured all the powders and put them into the cauldron. Now he understood why Chanyeol‘s hands were always a mix of different colours. Making potions was a messy business.

He offered his help a couple of times, but Chanyeol politely refused. Only after finishing all the potions and cleaning the mess he made Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun and asked „Can you help me lable them?  My hands are always dirty so usually all the lables has my colourful fingerprints on them as well“.

Pepperup Potion, Oculus Potion, Wideye Potion. „I really need to pay more attention in Potions class. I don‘t know any of these“ – Baekhyun murmed under his nose looking at the lables he‘s just written.

„Wuaahhh... Your writting is really nice“  - said Chanyeol as he put all the lables on the respective bottles. „All done! We can go now. Sorry for taking so long. I usualy finish it quicker, but that Oculus potions is really tricky, too many wormwood and it‘s ruined“.

„It‘s fine, really. B but..can we talk now? I‘m still very confused and you promised to explain everything“ – Baekhyun said with a yawn.

„Sure, but let‘s get back to the dormitory first“.

 

☆         ☆         ☆

 

„Wait. So your father is a pure blood, but your mother‘s family are muggles?“ – Baekhyun tried to understand.

„Sort  of. My mother and her parents are wizards, but my great grandparents were muggles. And my little  sister ,Yuna, is yet to develop magic. She‘s 6 years old, but hasn’t done anything magical yet.“ – Chanyeol explained.

„It has been a tough couple of years“ – Chanyeol continued. „My sister got sick. My mother had to stay at home to take care of her. Although they didn‘t tell me, I knew my parents were stuggling financialy, so I offered to help. They refused at first

Please log in to read the full chapter