1/2

Mixing colours
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Minseok is going to kill me" – thought  Baekhyun as he ran through the train station holding a soaking wet cat named Tan in his hands.

This is not how he planned to start a new school year.

"What the hell has happened!?" shouted Minseok grabbing his cat from Baekhyun's bloody hands.

"Why are you and Tan wet?" Jongin added.

"Let's just say that my prank did not go as planned" - said Baekhyun as he was healing scratches on his hands.

"What prank? You said you just wanted to show Tan to your friend who loved cats!" - Minseok was furious at this point.

"I may have lied a little. Change friend with nemesis and love with scared of...." - he mumbled.

"You and Jongdae again. When will you stop? Last year you've almost got expelled because of your pranks and constant competition with Slytherin"- Minseok nagged.

"Don't blame me on the competition between Gryffindor and Slytherin. It's been going on for ages, I've just merely contributed to it" - said Baek smiling sheepishly.

"I'm a Gryffindor as well, but you don't see me going after some random slytherin like Chanyeol every day? - said Jongin.

"Don't even mention his name" - growled Baekhyun clutching his fists.

"Everything was going fine. I sneaked into their carriage, shoved Tan into Jongdaes face as he screamed in horror. I was about to run away but Sehun grabbed me by my robe while Kyungsoo pointed his wand at me"- he said waving his hands dramatically.

"Using one of my hapkido tricks I managed to get out of Sehun's grip, grab Tan and run through the door, but Park Chanyeol just happened to be standing in the way, so I slammed into him" - he continued.

"It still doesn't explain why you were wet"- Minseok said half laughing at Baekhyuns puffed cheeks and a pout. He couldn't stay mad at him for long since he looked like a puppy half of the time.

"I knew Chanyeol was a strange individual but since when did it become a norm to carry a bucket full of water on a train!" Baek shouted while his friend just laughed at him.

 

☆         ☆         ☆

        

On the other end of the train Sehun’s laughter was heard as he tried to mimic the expression Jongdae had when he saw the cat.

"Seriously, I thought he's going to jump on a chandelier like a character from a cartoon" - laughed Sehun.

Everyone was teasing Jongdae, only Chanyeol sat quietly near the window with his phone dismantled on the table in front of him. It got wet during the incident and he was trying to dry it off, praying it will still work.

He was pulled out of his thoughts by Kyungsoo.

"Are you ok?" - he asked.

"Fine, just really hope my phone will work" - Chanyeol answered.

"I'm sure it will, or someone at Hogwarts will definitely know a spell or two to fix it." - Kyungsoo reassured. "Anyway, what were you doing with that water?"

"Trolley lady asked me to hold it and before I could answer she just shoved it in my hands" - Chanyeol complained.

They jolted forward as the train started to slow down.

"We better get ready, we're almost there" - Kyungsoo said putting on his robe.

Chanyeol just nodded looking through the window to a familiar castle surrounded by mist.

 

             ☆         ☆         ☆

 

"Silence!" - Junmyeon, the headmaster of the school shouted.

"I know you're excited about the new students sorted in your house...."

"Not really" - Sehun said just to be silenced by Kyungsoo who nudged him with his elbow.

".... But today I have a very special announcement to make." - he continued. "Competition in this school got out of hand. You all forgot that we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided". (a/n this is an actual quote from HP)

"Thus this semester we're introducing a house mixing program. Due to a circumstances you all know, Ravenclaw will be mixed with Hufflepuff and Gryffindor with Slytherin" - headmaster said while all the Great Hall was filled with surprised and displeased gasps.

"All the dormitories are transformed into rooms of two and three with a shared Common room. Quidditch teams will also be mixed and only friendly matched will be played" - he continued.

"In a moment you'll receive a card with a name of the person with whom you'll be living with. It's the final decision, so no switches will be allowed" - he clapped his hands and small pieces of paper started falling on the tables.

 

"I have a bad feeling about this" - said Baekhyun taking the little card in his hands.

"I'll be living with Sehun AND Kyungsoo. How is it fair, it's one against two!" - Jongin complained.

Minseok was just laughing with tears pricking in his eyes. After a while he recovered enough to say " I've got Jongdae...and he's afraid of cats.... Me and Tan will have so much fun".

"Nooo... no no no no. I've got Chanyeol. I don't think I'm going to survive this" - said Baekhyun dramatically fainting onto Jongin lap.

 

Chanyeol was just staring at Baekhyun from the other table. "How am I going to hide it from him" he thought to himself.

 

☆         ☆         ☆

 

The news about who is rooming with who flew faster than Jongdae in a sight of a cat. But without a doubt the most interesting pairing was Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

Baekhyun came from a rich family. He was popular among all the houses. He was smart and brave, also loud, funny and mischievous. He had a lot of friends but always preferred Minseok's and Jongin's company the most, since they were friends from the kindegarden.

Chanyeol on the other hand was quiet and mysterious. No one knew anything about his family except that Kyungsoo was his cousin from a father’s side.

He only ever talked with Sehun and Kyungsoo, not because he did not want to, but others were afraid of him. There was a rumour that he's a death eater and that his family is super rich and powerful.

Also everyone believed that he has bribed all the teachers since most of them wouldn’t scold him if he's late or didn't do the assignment. He was always seen in Hogsmeade after curfew which only fuelled the rumours about him.

So it's understandable why everyone was curious if Baekhyun will manage to survive this semester.

 

 

It was way past midnight when Chanyeol sneaked into his shared room with Baekhyun. To his surprise, the light was still on. He carefully opened the door and was met with a sight of Baekhyun sitting on a bed, his back and head resting on a wall. His eyes were closed and mouth slightl

Please log in to read the full chapter